Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 05:21 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times

Advertisements

Lordship Salvation is the teaching that a person must submit to Christ in obedience in order to receive salvation. This is contradicted by the "free grace" teaching that says such a submission is not required. Conservative, evangelical Protestants are divided over this issue. People such as John MacArthur, R.C. Sproul, J.I. Packer adhere to the Lordship position, while Zane Hodges, Charles Ryrie, Charles Stanley and others teach the free grace position. Both sides can support their positions with scripture and have published many books and articles for their respective positions.

Now where does this leave the average shmo who wants to be "saved"? How can a person know what is really required in order to procure salvation? Could God have not made is clear beyond any doubt or ambiguity what is required for salvation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 06:37 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Stop listening to people and listen to the Holy Spirit.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:41 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Lordship Salvation is the teaching that a person must submit to Christ in obedience in order to receive salvation. This is contradicted by the "free grace" teaching that says such a submission is not required. Conservative, evangelical Protestants are divided over this issue. People such as John MacArthur, R.C. Sproul, J.I. Packer adhere to the Lordship position, while Zane Hodges, Charles Ryrie, Charles Stanley and others teach the free grace position. Both sides can support their positions with scripture and have published many books and articles for their respective positions.

Now where does this leave the average shmo who wants to be "saved"? How can a person know what is really required in order to procure salvation? Could God have not made is clear beyond any doubt or ambiguity what is required for salvation?

I believe if a person's faith is real it'll show fruit.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:57 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times
Which is the true gospel, the "Lordship" or the "free grace"? Who's right, MacArthur or Ryrie?

Old 07-08-2009, 03:30 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Which is the true gospel, the "Lordship" or the "free grace"? Who's right, MacArthur or Ryrie?
You might go back to Paul, inventor of Christianity, who suggests that believing that Jesus is messiah, in His sin -redeeming sacrifice and making sure that sinning does not backslide you out of the 'grace' recieved by believing this, should see you ok.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-08-2009 at 03:51 AM..

Old 09-06-2011, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,883 times
I have not seen the question yet - Why is submitting to Christ in obiedence exclusive of "free Grace" Jesus said in Matthew he came not to distroy the law but to fulfill it - Isn't He Grace - isn't he the gift for grace from the Father? If I confess that He is my Lord and Savior - and I beleive with my heart and confess with my mouth as is required in Romans - than I am changed - I am in receipt of Grace and as a outpouring of that action I will be changed - Saved by Grace through Faith - and on the journey toward True salvation by the Good works that come by the relationship with the Father

Old 09-06-2011, 07:53 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,496 times
Quote:

10 christians will tell you 10 different things. You can be saved how ever you want.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:09 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
From a non-Christian view us Muslims believe only God(swt) and it is our own respnsibility to ask him for forgiveness and do our best to make restitution and amend our ways. We have no middle men or ordained clergy it is all about personal responsibility and facing up to our actions. We alone are the only one who can ask for forgiveness and it is we alone who knows if we are sincere in doing so.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:51 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:

Read the Bible for yourself.

Acts 16

30 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Ephesians 1

7 In him (Jesus) we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace.

Romans 10

9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:58 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
There are different levels of anointing of the Lord, ....based on the obedience of trust the Lord has for different people ...... were some believers who some call the `Leviticus 14 level believers who tend to push growing in Christ away because it is to hard or fear to do more .....Leviticus 14 believer are the believer who must go to the priest or minister to get delivered from sin and who may need healing from the support of a minister because when he prays to be clean of an challenge he mostly get nothing on his own from the Lord Spirit ,..were he needs to be developed.........then there is a more advanced believer who is anointed more , who can pray to be cleaned by annoying dark spirits and Jesus spirit rip them out of their face. who can pray and be healed or sickness come it is very short lived and calling of the Lord are there as these believers resisted the devil in the spirit and the Lord moves to keep them under his authority and Lordship...... then there are even greater anointing of ministers who may conduit meetings were many people can be healed and he must spend hours in Prayer as the Lord prepares him for healing meeting and the Lord will reveal many gifts and calling on these people for the Work of the Lord .......... See here are three levels of anointing Lordship for saved people of Jesus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity