Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 06:52 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,395,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom-in-Christ View Post
Well said and great article. Exactly what I mean when I say it is a shame how the mistranslation of a few words can cause chaos within the Body of Christ.
Hi Free, I agree if people would just read a litteral translation though much of the chaos would disapear.

Youngs litteral is a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 06:56 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hi Free, I agree if people would just read a litteral translation though much of the chaos would disapear.

Youngs litteral is a good one.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domoman View Post
It's funny that believers in ET (eternal torment) often act like the description of the Lake of Fire seals the fate of the non-believers, yet just after that it speaks of those outside the New Jerusalem being invited to come in (all those that are thirsty etc.).

Nice post btw! When I first heard of this thought being described in Revelation I almost cried tears of joy!
Hi Domo, if I am not wrong I beleive domo in Japanees means thanks which would mean you are a thankfulman. Matches up well with the cries of joy you experienced upon hearing the slavation of all.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:05 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,904,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Man's perspective is that "everyone gets in" in the end.
Kind of like Moses perspective when He pleaded with God not to wipe out the people who had made and worshipped the golden calf.

Man's perspective is not the everyone gets in. Man's perspective is that I am worthy but they are not.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
"Man's perspective is that I am worthy but they are not". Too right .Yes there is always the boast we have repented they haven't.

No you didn't God granted you repentance

Old 06-28-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No it's plain that the dogs, sorcerers, sexually immoral, murders, idol worshipers CANNOT enter. They are outside. They were judged and condemned and are forever separated from the Lord.
And those outside the gate if obedient are able to enter into the city.

The thing you are not seeing ILNC is that when the dogs obey the commandments of God they are no longer dogs but children of the kingdom and that is why they can enter into the city and eat of the tree of life freely.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Kind of like Moses perspective when He pleaded with God not to wipe out the people who had made and worshipped the golden calf.

Man's perspective is not the everyone gets in. Man's perspective is that I am worthy but they are not.
Have you ever noticed that the christians today have taken the place of the Jews of old, bacially saying He is our God and you have nothing in Him.

They have yet to understand that the middle wall of partition has been torn down.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:20 PM

106 posts, read 136,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hi Domo, if I am not wrong I beleive domo in Japanees means thanks which would mean you are a thankfulman. Matches up well with the cries of joy you experienced upon hearing the slavation of all.
Oh yeah, I have heard that domo also means, roughly, "thanks" in Japanese. I usually think of it in terms of the Domo-kun mascot from Japan lol But I like the idea of a "thankful man" too

Old 06-28-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Very good ILNC. It seems the Universalists can harp on "ALL" being ALL, but they cannot understand "CANNOT" means "CANNOT" !
Hmmm maybe you can help ILNC out and show him where in those scriptures that it says they CANNOT enter in.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Towhee,

How can you a sinner enter the kingdom of God then? - by repenting.

How can the murderers, liars, dogs enter the kingdom of God who have not repented before judgement for their deeds? - by repenting. Whoever calls on God will be heard.

Here it says that there is an everlasting gospel to be preached - if the gospel is only open till our physical death, it is not everlasting Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

I believe it is an age long gospel that is still being preached to those that are dead and being judged in the ages.

The gospel is preached to those also that are dead so that they are judged as men in the flesh (judged for their works and deeds done in the flesh) but they live according to God in the Spirit.

1Pe 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
1Pe 4:2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
1Pe 4:3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:
1Pe 4:4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:
1Pe 4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
1Pe 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

The resurrection is not about reviving someone while they have any thing corrupt in them and to be tormented forever - the 2 are not compatible.

The resurrection is about Spirit and life - not corruption becoming immortal. It is about deliverance from corruption.
Amen meerkat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity