Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 02:38 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,586,604 times

Advertisements

The way Jesus did it!

On the streets of South Central with gang bangers

YouTube - Witness - Crisis Duce

Way of the Master - Witnessing Clip

(Luke 18:18-21)
18A ruler questioned Him, saying, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"
19And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.
20"You know the commandments, 'DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'"
21And he said, "All these things I have kept from my youth."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 02:44 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,586,604 times

YouTube - Kirk Cameron Talks with Gang Members

Old 06-29-2009, 02:47 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,366,031 times
Fundy are you not able by the Spirit of the Lord to share the gospel on here , rather than posting a link that needs to explain it ? .

Come on be upfront don't hide behind Calvin and Macarthur and youtube clips .

Plus this is not the gospel (Luke 18:18-21)>>>>18A ruler questioned Him, saying, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" 19And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.
20"You know the commandments, 'DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'"
21And he said, "All these things I have kept from my youth."

Last edited by pcamps; 06-29-2009 at 03:11 PM..

Old 06-29-2009, 03:06 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,426,118 times
It's too bad the man who was "witnessing" never stopped talking at Crisis Duce or took the time to listen to and address his genuine and heartfelt concerns. Seems like a sadly missed opportunity.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:18 PM

I believe the guy is genuine with sharing the gospel in that manner , but i have never read of Jesus using that approach with the lost .
I have read that He used that approach with religious leaders who thought they had God already and boasted in a righteousness that was their own.Yes they believed in God they went to meeting once a week , sang praise unto God and prayed , yet Jesus called them whitewashed tombs .We are told to preach the gospel to the lost, not condemn them using the Law of commandments.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-29-2009 at 03:38 PM..

Old 06-29-2009, 03:33 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,426,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe the guy is genuine with sharing the gospel in that manner , but i have never read of Jesus using that approach with sinners .
I have read that He used that approach with religious leaders .We are told to preach the gospel not condemn using the Law of commandments.
I don't doubt he is genuine. But he is genuinely missing the boat. Did you hear what Crisis was saying? I know that man didn't. He never stopped bludgeoning Crisis with the law long enough to realize that Crisis and his friends are being beaten over the head with the effects of sin on their lives every moment of every day, and they felt HOPELESS. HOPELESS and ABANDONED by God. Those boys didn't need more law, they needed HOPE. I just wish that "witness" had shut up! Just. shut. up. long enough to hear, really truly HEAR, the cry of those boys' hearts.

That man had made a start, he had gotten them talking. The door was open. And he slammed it shut.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I don't doubt he is genuine. But he is genuinely missing the boat. Did you hear what Crisis was saying? I know that man didn't. He never stopped bludgeoning Crisis with the law long enough to realize that Crisis and his friends are being beaten over the head with the effects of sin on their lives every moment of every day, and they felt HOPELESS. HOPELESS and ABANDONED by God. Those boys didn't need more law, they needed HOPE. I just wish that "witness" had shut up! Just. shut. up. long enough to hear, really truly HEAR, the cry of those boys' hearts.

That man had made a start, he had gotten them talking. The door was open. And he slammed it shut.
I know he is

Old 06-29-2009, 03:51 PM

283 posts, read 410,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe the guy is genuine with sharing the gospel in that manner , but i have never read of Jesus using that approach with the lost .
I have read that He used that approach with religious leaders who thought they had God already and boasted in a righteousness that was their own.Yes they believed in God they went to meeting once a week , sang praise unto God and prayed , yet Jesus called them whitewashed tombs .We are told to preach the gospel to the lost, not condemn them using the Law of commandments.
46and said to them, "Thus(A) it is written,(B) that the Christ should suffer and on the third day(C) rise from the dead, 47and that(D) repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed(E) in his name(F) to all nations,(G) beginning from Jerusalem. 48(H) You are witnesses of these things.

Maybe the apostles made that part up them selves?

Old 06-29-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdparty View Post
46and said to them, "Thus(A) it is written,(B) that the Christ should suffer and on the third day(C) rise from the dead, 47and that(D) repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed(E) in his name(F) to all nations,(G) beginning from Jerusalem. 48(H) You are witnesses of these things.

Don't see preaching sin to the lost in this wonderful verse .

Old 06-29-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdparty View Post

I do not see the preaching of sin in this wonderful verse.

Don't see an inclination of Paul using the handwriting of ordinances that was nailed to the cross against us

What i do see in the verse you quoted .

19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

The letter kills but the Spirit gives life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity