Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:26 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times

Advertisements

We have a senior citizen transvestite Christian (who needs some tips on age appropriate ladies fashion but I won't judge ) being witnessed too with a gospel that many in here think is full of hate, venom, judgement and condemnation. WOW! This is not going to end peaceful nor respectful or will it? hmmmmm....

YouTube - Living Waters University: Victor or Victoria?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-07-2009 at 12:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 12:47 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
with a gospel that many in here think is full of hate, venom, judgement and condemnation.
Just to clarify..

I don't think the gospel is full of hate, venom, judgement and condemnation.

I do however think many use it as a tool to fuel their own hate, venom, judgement and condemnation.

Its like this. You have a wrench.. and its a very useful tool... it turns things.

Now if you take that wrench and hit someone over the head with it.. its still a tool.. its just being used in a manner not fitting its intended purpose.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:50 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Just to clarify..

I do however think many use it as a tool to fuel their own hate, venom, judgement and condemnation.

Its like this. You have a wrench.. and its a very useful tool... it turns things.

Now if you take that wrench and hit someone over the head with it.. its still a tool.. its just being used in a manner not fitting its intended purpose.
ROFL....You Go BigT

Old 10-07-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Just to clarify..

I was not talking about the gospel, I was talking about "a" gospel- "a" gospel that many in here feel is judgmental and condemning with no love. This should have ended badly because by your definition it would banging someover the head with a tool will be violent, not loving and bring about much blood.

I doubt the person you are banging over the head with a hammer will tell you that they admire what you do?

Old 10-07-2009, 12:55 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
I was not talking about the gospel, I was talking about "a" gospel- "a" gospel that many in here feel is judgmental and condemning with no love. This should have ended badly because by your definition it would banging someover the head with a tool will be violent, not loving and bring about much blood.

I doubt the person you are banging over the head with a hammer will tell you that they admire what you do?
Are you speaking of the gospel of ET?

Old 10-07-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Are you speaking of the gospel of ET?
a gospel of "hate" that video proved how hateful and unloving we are. We just don't know God's love?

Old 10-07-2009, 01:07 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
Quote:
a gospel of "hate" that video proved how hateful and unloving we are. We just don't know God's love?
So if someone posted a video showing your gospel being preached to someone that didn`t end peacefully and created hate and animosity..that would prove ,what?

Old 10-07-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
So if someone posted a video showing your gospel being preached to someone that didn`t end peacefully and created hate and animosity..that would prove ,what?
Heh! I am not the one who painted the gospel as hateful and judgmental, by that picture you would think every witness encounter would have ended in a fight afterall we are sooooooooooo intolerant and hypocritical, right? don't forget unloving

Old 10-07-2009, 01:21 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
I was not talking about the gospel, I was talking about "a" gospel- "a" gospel that many in here feel is judgmental and condemning with no love.
Ok.. My guess is the same. The premise is the same. Play word games all you like but its EXACTLY THE SAME PREMISE.

Quote:
This should have ended badly because by your definition it would banging someover the head with a tool will be violent, not loving and bring about much blood.
I forgot.. I was talking to a literalist. I didn't literally mean the wrench scenario.. you know that right? Its hard to believe that what I said didn't make sense.. but I'll post it again anyway:
Quote:
It has nothing to do with violence.. or blood.. well maybe it does to you..

what it means to me is drink a cup of "shut it".. simple as that.

In other words.. find me one person Fundie.. one person on this board that believes EXACTLY as you do. Just one person fundie. That shares YOUR EXACT BELIEF. When you do I'll carry the conversation further and ask you to find another one.. and another. My guess is as long as you've been on here.. and as many posts as you've made.. you could maybe find 2 people that believe EXACTLY as you do on every point in the bible.

What does that tell me? It tells me that finding an exact common ground among Christians is beyond impossible. So.. my wish is for you to funnel that cup of "shut it". mind your own business... do your best.. worship how you like.. and quit telling others how to live your life... because in the end.. you don't know everything.. you have an idea.. and it doesn't make other Christians bad or unsaved because they don't believe the exact way that you believe..

Quote:
Again.. the analogy was the intended use of the tool.. NOT how it shouldn't have been used.. I could have stated that the wrench was used to brush your teeth and the logic would have been the same and the point would have been the same..

Again.. I have no problem with the video.. if the person is dumb enough to stand there and listen to Banana man then he/she deserves to be reduced in IQ. My point was..

people don't have a problem with 'the' gospel or 'a' gospel. People have a problem with 'the' gospel or 'a' gospel being pushed on their freedoms.

I'll take a guess that if your belief mean that you had to put peanut butter on your head and stand in the hot sun.. most people would say "ok.. go to it". Its when you then try to make others do as YOU do based on YOUR belief that people get irritated.. especially when you probably couldn't find a majority of people believing in the exact same thing.. (see list of Christian denominations throughout the world).

Old 10-07-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Ok.. My guess is the same. The premise is the same. Play word games all you like but its EXACTLY THE SAME PREMISE.

I forgot.. I was talking to a literalist. I didn't literally mean the wrench scenario.. you know that right........
Are you a Christian? I always wanted to know that? Seriously
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity