Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 12:24 AM

23,240 posts, read 10,527,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I don’t believe that anyone creates their own religion on their own though

Stop you right there, the above makes no sense. You created your own religion, and you could debate this fact with the acknowledgment that what you actually did was to accept the ways of Babylon over the ways of Jesus.

Maybe you want to acknowledge that you follow what is whley Catholic and they created their own religion by adopting the holy days and traditions of Babylon.

In any case, however you got to where you are, you are in a religion of your own making, a religion created by men and not God.

A religion opposed to the ways of Jesus.

There is no mistaking the truth, Jesus walked in his.own religion, and you are an enemy of the ways he walked in, you accepted ways created by men, you created your own religiom and you call it Christianity as if it had anything to do with the first Christianity.

You and Christians like you are so opposed to learning who Jesus really was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 07:06 AM

20,104 posts, read 13,560,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
None of the Christian denominations practice the religion Jesus loved and praticed.
Well thanks for admitting that NONE of them are valid.

That's quite a track record, don't you think, for 2,000 years of effort? Bajillions of sects, and not a one of them correct?

But let me guess. YOU know what is correct, when the rest of humanity has gotten it wrong for 2,000 years? Yeah, i thought so.

Old 04-23-2022, 10:13 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,184,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Well thanks for admitting that NONE of them are valid.

That's quite a track record, don't you think, for 2,000 years of effort? Bajillions of sects, and not a one of them correct?

But let me guess. YOU know what is correct, when the rest of humanity has gotten it wrong for 2,000 years? Yeah, i thought so.
beware of false teachers...

Old 04-26-2022, 04:00 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,860,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Without a doubt. Calling the prince of peace a man of war is blasphemy. It is calling good evil.
In the history of nations, certain world leaders have exuded strength to their enemies and as the result there was peace; other world leaders have exhibited military weakness and the result was war.

So, God being a Man of war is not blasphemy, it is saying that He can keep the peace.

It should be clear that God Himself says that He is a Man of war in Exodus 15:3.

You can either accept this as a biblical fact or else you can take scissors or white-out to that verse in your Bible.

Just be aware that there are consequences for doing such a thing (Revelation 22:18-19).

I don't think that I have entered into the realm of politics at this juncture because I have not mentioned anyone by name. It is just a major part of my argument that my beginning sentence here is a fact. I did my best, in reiterating my argument to not violate the TOS as I did previously. I apologize for doing that.

Old 04-26-2022, 04:14 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
In the history of nations, certain world leaders have exuded strength to their enemies and as the result there was peace; other world leaders have exhibited military weakness and the result was war.

So, God being a Man of war is not blasphemy, it is saying that He can keep the peace.

It should be clear that God Himself says that He is a Man of war in Exodus 15:3.

You can either accept this as a biblical fact or else you can take scissors or white-out to that verse in your Bible.

Just be aware that there are consequences for doing such a thing (Revelation 22:18-19).

I don't think that I have entered into the realm of politics at this juncture because I have not mentioned anyone by name. It is just a major part of my argument that my beginning sentence here is a fact. I did my best, in reiterating my argument to not violate the TOS as I did previously. I apologize for doing that.
We are talking about God, stop comparing world leaders to our heavenly Father.

Old 04-26-2022, 04:21 AM

Quote:
We are talking about God, stop comparing world leaders to our heavenly Father.
"The LORD is a Man of war: the LORD is His name." (Exodus 15:3).

Now, are you going to accept that as a biblical fact, or are you going to take scissors or white-out to that in your Bible?

I warn you that there are consequences for doing such a thing (Revelation 22:18-19).

Rev 22:18, For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19, And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Old 04-26-2022, 05:23 AM

Quote:
"The LORD is a Man of war: the LORD is His name." (Exodus 15:3).

Now, are you going to accept that as a biblical fact, or are you going to take scissors or white-out to that in your Bible?

I warn you that there are consequences for doing such a thing (Revelation 22:18-19).

Rev 22:18, For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19, And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Are you going to keep rejecting the fact that just like bitter and sweet water cannot possibly flow from the same fountain, neither can war and peace exist out of the same root. God is not a man of war. Stop comparing God to the warlord leaders of the nations, how carnal can you be to do so? God through Samuel clearly presented Israel the difference between being led by a king from within them to being led by himself. Read it yourself 1 Samuel 8.

Old 04-26-2022, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Are you going to keep rejecting the fact that just like bitter and sweet water cannot possibly flow from the same fountain, neither can war and peace exist out of the same root. God is not a man of war. Stop comparing God to the warlord leaders of the nations, how carnal can you be to do so? God through Samuel clearly presented Israel the difference between being led by a king from within them to being led by himself. Read it yourself 1 Samuel 8.
All scripture isn't inspired of God?

Old 04-26-2022, 06:19 AM

Quote:
You obviously don't think so by rejecting the truth that bitter and sweet water cannot flow from the same fountain, just like love and hate cannot and war and peace cannot.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:25 AM

63,956 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
All that you consider scripture is NOT scripture as interpreted. It has been misrepresented out of ignorance, superstition, and the wrong context about God's True Nature as revealed by Jesus (God Himself) on the Cross. You will account for your laziness in taking the easy road of believing everything "written in ink" and interpreted by fallible men without testing its Spirit against God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as divinely revealed by Jesus (God Himself) on the Cross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity