Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 01:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Those that Love Jesus love talking about Him . What are we hearing from the organized church system ? , everything but Jesus . They talk about their creeds and traditions , sin and repentance , hell , judgement , rapture, trubulations , commandments, the end times the list is endless.

When i hear Jesus being shared there's a burning within your heart just like those 2 fellas on the road to Emmaus experienced when Jesus ministered to them.

There is a Name I love to hear,
I love to sing its worth;
It sounds like music in my ear,
The sweetest Name on earth.

O how I love Jesus,
O how I love Jesus,
O how I love Jesus,
Because He first loved me!

It tells me of a Savior?s love,
Who died to set me free;
It tells me of His precious blood,
The sinner?s perfect plea.

Jesus, the Name I love so well,
The Name I love to hear:
No saint on earth its worth can tell,
No heart conceive how dear.

And there with all the blood-bought throng,
From sin and sorrow free,
I?ll sing the new eternal song
Of Jesus? love for me

There Is A Name I Love To Hear Lyrics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 01:38 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
They talk about their creeds and traditions , sin and repentance , hell , judgement , rapture, trubulations , commandments, the end times the list is endless.
Where do you think they come from? Repent what they heard, read and told to teach about?

Seriously, Jesus loves and your saved by itself gospel makes no sense.

(1 Corinthians 1:18)
"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

Old 06-30-2009, 01:40 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Where do you think they come from?

Seriously, Jesus loves and your saved gospel makes no sense

"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
Fundy, it is your version of the gospel that makes sense. You claim that Jesus (God) died on the cross to save us from God (Jesus).

Think about this.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Fundy, it is your version of the gospel that makes sense. You claim that Jesus (God) died on the cross to save us from God (Jesus).

Think about this.
Good finally a universalist who admits we don't have the same gospel. Thank you. We have two different gospels and we both can't be right but under your way I go to heaven anyway. WIN WIN situation for me.

(1 John 2:2)
2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

(Ephesians 2:3)
3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.

I love saying that word...pro...pi...tia....tion...love saying it, it's fun

Old 06-30-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Where do you think they come from? Repent what they heard, read and told to teach about?

Seriously, Jesus loves and your saved by itself gospel makes no sense.

What is the foolishness of the cross ?

That God loved us at our worst . How can God love man at his worst ?

The Jews couldn't believe because how could this be when cursed is everyman that hangs on a tree.

To the greek it's foolishness , why because loving someone at their worst is foolish in their eyes.

God gave Abraham something foolish to believe and he believed .

God gave the world something foolish to believe and ???????

Old 07-01-2009, 03:09 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Another peek into the pcamps' Bible

Jesus and the disciples drew near Jerusalem and when they reached Bethphage, by the mount of Extra Virgin Olive oil, Jesus turned to two of his disciples and said unto them, "Go into the village and you will find a donkey tied to a tree, along with a Colt. Untie them both and bring them to me. And if anyone asks, tell them the Lord needs them."

And when the disciples set apart, Jesus paused and turned to Peter.

"Lord... don't you think that's a little presumptuous and pompously offensive?"

"Sorta, can you imagine a baby donkey being tied to a post, and the poor baby post bearing the fettered rope, and the baby rope withstanding such tensile tension.... sigh there's so much offence in the world"

"No, I was thinking more of the Lord word, but of course, the donkey, it's a pity and a shame, and also the post and the rest, before I forget them"

"I think so too"

And then the son of man beckoned unto the two departing disciples. And he said unto them, "Don't use the L word, just say your master needs the two animals and he will borrow them for an hour, 10 denarii"

"And wait, I also hope you aren't offended that I said master"

The disciples shrugged and they went into the village. They brought the animals to Jesus, with utmost care.

Now Jesus proceeded to mount the donkey but stopped. He beckoned Simon whom they also called Peter and said unto him, "Now, I'm pretty sure I haven't packed any more pounds since our sea storm time. I've only been feeding on jewish rye bread and fat-free locusts. Do you think the donkey can bear my weight?"

And Peter said unto him, "It's not just your weight, Lord, but the poor baby donkey"

And Jesus entered Jerusalem but not on the donkey or the colt, but on foot, but the animals did follow the disciples. And thus it came to fulfill the scriptures, "Lo, Zion, your King comes to you seated on a donkey". Not completely fulfilling the prophets but kind of close, they were self-righteous, offensive, venom-spitting, sinner-hating bigots anyway.

And now, the people gathered to see Jesus entering into Jerusalem so triumphantly. They proceeded to pick all the leaves in the palm trees they could find around when Jesus stopped them and said, "Verily I tell thee, if you offend those trees by severing their leaves, you offend me, for it's our responsibility to keep this planet as much green as possible for our children and grandchildren". And thus the baby trees were spared.

Now Jesus entered the temple and saw it full of money changers, who sold and bought in the temple. He fetched a whip from his apostles and was about to drive them out of the temple in wrath, but he controlled himself. The anger management therapy he had taken the last few weeks, after being so offensive to the pigs which were driven into the rocks and the demons which were cast out of the possessed, had finally enabled him to control his wrath.

He proceeded to the money changers and chatted a few words. He blessed them for their business strategy and finally let go of his whip, lest the rest be offended in the slightest.

This is the gospel of the Lord.
Thanks be to God

Author's footnote:
The Hosanna song was completely omitted because apart from the jews in the crowd, the Arabs (futuristic muslims), the Egyptians, Chinese and Buddhist statues sold by the Indian traders were sorely offended by its singing.

Last edited by Currency Pair Crocodile; 07-01-2009 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: It was grammatically offensive to the English language :P

Old 07-01-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossus_antonis View Post
another peek into the pcamps' bible

lol!

Old 07-01-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Another peek into the pcamps' Bible

Jesus and the disciples drew near Jerusalem and when they reached Bethphage, by the mount of Extra Virgin Olive oil, Jesus turned to two of his disciples and said unto them, "Go into the village and you will find a donkey tied to a tree, along with a Colt. Untie them both and bring them to me. And if anyone asks, tell them the Lord needs them."

And when the disciples set apart, Jesus paused and turned to Peter.

"Lord... don't you think that's a little presumptuous and pompously offensive?"

"Sorta, can you imagine a baby donkey being tied to a post, and the poor baby post bearing the fettered rope, and the baby rope withstanding such tensile tension.... sigh there's so much offence in the world"

"No, I was thinking more of the Lord word, but of course, the donkey, it's a pity and a shame, and also the post and the rest, before I forget them"

"I think so too"

And then the son of man beckoned unto the two departing disciples. And he said unto them, "Don't use the L word, just say your master needs the two animals and he will borrow them for an hour, 10 denarii"

"And wait, I also hope you aren't offended that I said master"

The disciples shrugged and they went into the village. They brought the animals to Jesus, with utmost care.

Now Jesus proceeded to mount the donkey but stopped. He beckoned Simon whom they also called Peter and said unto him, "Now, I'm pretty sure I haven't packed any more pounds since our sea storm time. I've only been feeding on jewish rye bread and fat-free locusts. Do you think the donkey can bear my weight?"

And Peter said unto him, "It's not just your weight, Lord, but the poor baby donkey"

And Jesus entered Jerusalem but not on the donkey or the colt, but on foot, but the animals did follow the disciples. And thus it came to fulfill the scriptures, "Lo, Zion, your King comes to you seated on a donkey". Not completely fulfilling the prophets but kind of close, they were self-righteous, offensive, venom-spitting, sinner-hating bigots anyway.

And now, the people gathered to see Jesus entering into Jerusalem so triumphantly. They proceeded to pick all the leaves in the palm trees they could find around when Jesus stopped them and said, "Verily I tell thee, if you offend those trees by severing their leaves, you offend me, for it's our responsibility to keep this planet as much green as possible for our children and grandchildren". And thus the baby trees were spared.

Now Jesus entered the temple and saw it full of money changers, who sold and bought in the temple. He fetched a whip from his apostles and was about to drive them out of the temple in wrath, but he controlled himself. The anger management therapy he had taken the last few weeks, after being so offensive to the pigs which were driven into the rocks and the demons which were cast out of the possessed, had finally enabled him to control his wrath.

He proceeded to the money changers and chatted a few words. He blessed them for their business strategy and finally let go of his whip, lest the rest be offended in the slightest.

This is the gospel of the Lord.
Thanks be to God

Author's footnote:
The Hosanna song was completely omitted because apart from the jews in the crowd, the Arabs (futuristic muslims), the Egyptians, Chinese and Buddhist statues sold by the Indian traders were sorely offended by its singing.
Well if you are offended that God is love that he loves jew,gentile, indian greek,black,white,hindu,muslim,buddhist,prostitute s,homosexuals and so on and so on , there is nothing more i can say.

If you try to say i am politically correct you could never be further from the truth . I will always resist a religious pharisee spirit, a traditional spirit, a legalistic spirit, a judgemental, spirit, a self righteous spirit,a spirit that quotes the letter to condemn the weak spirit , i will always fall down on the side of the prostitutes,homosexuals , the tax collectors and all the people who are labelled . If this is being politically correct that Hallelujah.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well if you are offended that God is love that he loves jew,gentile, indian greek,black,white,hindu,muslim,buddhist,prostitute s,homosexuals and so on and so on , there is nothing more i can say.
be nice

Old 07-01-2009, 03:31 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Humour apart, camps......

Didn't Jesus say: "You have seen and you believe, blessed are those who have not seen YET believe"

You think He was stoned when He said that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity