Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:12 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,588,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Continue reading the rest of the passage.

Luke 13:28"There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29 People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30 Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last."

Some who think or appear to be "first" right now will be last to enter the Kingdom. And others who appear to be last right now, will be first to enter the Kingdom.

BUT THEY ALL ENTER.

There is an order of operations here.

Now that this topic has been successfully derailed maybe we can get back on topic. I thought pcamps original question was a good one.
o........k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 02:16 PM

396 posts, read 599,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
o........k
Luke 13:28 (King James Version)

28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves THRUST OUT.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:21 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,375,203 times
Quote:
o......k
You are saying few , I am saying ALL .

Why don't you go back to the OP and answer the questions.

These same questions do not apply to those who believe in the salvation of all men obviosly because we believed as you did and after seeking light from God on the matter discovered what we believed was tradition passed through the ages.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
Luke 13:28 (King James Version)

28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves THRUST OUT.
Talking to Pharisees, they were self righteous. Iam a wretch in the eyes of God. I am a sinner, in need of a savior. I can do nothing good without Him. I have died to self. So how am I self righteous?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are saying few , I am saying ALL .

Why don't you go back to the OP and answer the questions.

These same questions do not apply to those who believe in the salvation of all men obviosly because we believed as you did and after seeking light from God on the matter discovered what we believed was tradition passed through the ages.
I did. You asked did I get on my knees and ask God is Pcamp right about all being saved. The verse I gave proved that I should not do that. Like Jesus said, worry about yourself entering the narrow gate.

So "NO" I won't do that.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:26 PM

396 posts, read 599,659 times
Quote:
Talking to Pharisees, they were self righteous. Iam a wretch in the eyes of God. I am a sinner, in need of a savior. I can do nothing good without Him. I have died to self. So how am I self righteous?
Hey Fundy,

I am agreeing with u. My point is that all would not enter the kingdom. Some would be thrust out!

Old 07-06-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
Hey Fundy,

I am agreeing with u. My point is that all would not enter the kingdom. Some would be thrust out!
Just curious. Thank you my friend

Old 07-06-2009, 02:28 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,146,120 times
Matt 21:31 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

This is what Jesus said to the chief priests and elders (the pharasees). The tax collectors would enter the Kingdom ahead of them. But notice - the Pharisees will enter!

The first shall be last and the last shall be first.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:29 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,375,203 times
So what do you think is happening with those of us who no longer believe anything remotely like we used to do , but all profess now that believing UR i as brought them into closer union with Christ ?.

How can this be ?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Matt 21:31 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

This is what Jesus said to the chief priests and elders (the pharasees). The tax collectors would enter the Kingdom ahead of them. But notice - the Pharisees will enter!

The first shall be last and the last shall be first.
Only my sheep hear my voice, you are not my sheep ring a bell. You can't build a doctrine on sporadic verses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity