Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:34 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times

Advertisements

As there ever been a moment when you have read or heard something regarding the salvation of all men , that you have thought well it sounds right , but rejected because you cannot reconcile it with your own doctrine?

Or have you ever gone before God and said Lord if what they are saying is true about the salvation of all men , please show me ?.

Truthful answers please as God knows your heart

Don't forget the majority who believe in the salvation of all men at one point probably believed much like you do .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 01:38 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,142,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
As there ever been a moment when you have read or heard something regarding the salvation of all men , that you have thought well it sounds right , but rejected because you cannot reconcile it with your own doctrine?

Or have you ever gone before God and said Lord if what they are saying is true about the salvation of all men , please show me ?.

Don't forget the majority who believe in the salvation of all men at one point probably believed much like you do .
Hi pcamps,

Let me answer based on my pre-UR beliefs. I did believe in ET for 30 years. I have actually thought about this often - why didn't I see UR sooner?

Basically I wasn't being honest with myself. And I didn't want to study to show myself approved. I just accepted what had been taught to me. My mother was very strong traditional Christian (at least I thought that); I had been taught by her and various churches my whole life that hell was true and anything that diminished hell was dangerous.

I just "knew" that somehow "hell" was the truth. But I couldn't explain it. Anyone who brought up other beliefs (ie. universalism) was branded as "dangerous" or a "deceiver" or lumped in as "new age". This was very dangerous, because if I became deceived, I "knew" I could end up in "hell" as well. So I never pursued it. Yet I could never reconcile ET with God's love. So basically I never thought about it either (ET or UR or other possibilites). I just stayed in my safe rut, confident I was saved while wondering why no one was concerned that 90% of people were going to be tormented eternally.

Like I said I didn't think about it that much. If you do think about it a lot, you will either go insane (or compartmentalize, which could be "mild" insanity) or come to the realization that ET is a lie.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:49 PM

Thanks for sharing Legoman .

Old 07-06-2009, 01:50 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,584,525 times
Quote:

(Luke 13:23-24)
23And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And He said to them, 24"Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

Do you actually think God will give lil' ol' me the answer to what many before me have asked Him face to face?

Old 07-06-2009, 01:53 PM

14,911 posts, read 17,219,900 times
Quote:
If you do think about it a lot, you will either go insane (or compartmentalize, which could be "mild" insanity) or come to the realization that ET is a lie.
Agree. God bless.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
23And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And He said to them, 24"Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

Do you actually think God will give me the answer you think I should seek when He told these men this?
If the original text is correct regarding Hades,gehenna and tartarus, how can this passage you quoted refer to eternity ?.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
If the original text is correct regarding Hades,gehenna and tartarus, how can this passage you quoted refer to eternity ?.
Your quote
Quote:
Or have you ever gone before God and said Lord if what they are saying is true about the salvation of all men

This passage answers your question.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:10 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,142,849 times
Quote:
Your quote

This passage answers your question.
Continue reading the rest of the passage.

Luke 13:28"There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29 People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30 Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last."

Some who think or appear to be "first" right now will be last to enter the Kingdom. And others who appear to be last right now, will be first to enter the Kingdom.

BUT THEY ALL ENTER.

There is an order of operations here.

Now that this topic has been successfully derailed maybe we can get back on topic. I thought pcamps original question was a good one.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Your quote

Jesus also said If i be lifted up i will draw all men unto me .

Old 07-06-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Jesus also said If i be lifted up i will draw all men unto me .
o......k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity