Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:01 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,562,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Your JW example is irrelevant to Ex 21:6 which shows "For ever" is the WRONG translation in some bibles such as the KJV.

Are you saying the KJV is an honest translation of Ex 21:6? You seem to be lashing out at people being called dishonest, when it is plainly obvious that someone was deceived/dishonest in the translation of Ex 21:6. Just stop and think about it for a minute.

By "CONTEXT CONTEXT CONTEXT" do you mean forever doesn't always have to mean forever?
WOW! JW is relevant and I clearly mapped out you universalist make the claim that we "ET" see forever because we are biased toward a hell doctrine. I used JW to sho a group who DOES NOT believe in the hell doctrine who also uses the same translation.

forever doesn't always mean forever Olam doesn't always mean forever. same silly argument with aionion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The point is that even in English the words eternity and forever have limited meanings (often facetious) when spoken by humans. Our concept of the words is limited to our thought of God being timeless or eternal. This cannot be said for us though as we all know we will someday die.

So if God was in hell it could be eternal, if God is in heaven it can be eternal. But if we are in hell... there can be no eternity. Remember you cannot be immortal and be in hell.
What verse was that? God made us to be immortal, the sould never dies. God has set eternity in our hearts. We will live forever no matter what it is our choice where we want to live. I chose eternity with life (Jesus)

Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,347 times
Quote:
God made us to be immortal, the sould never dies.
where does the Bible say so?

I know at least two verses from the Old Testament that says the soul dies

Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
WOW! JW is relevant and I clearly mapped out you universalist make the claim that we "ET" see forever because we are biased toward a hell doctrine. I used JW to sho a group who DOES NOT believe in the hell doctrine who also uses the same translation.

forever doesn't always mean forever Olam doesn't always mean forever. same silly argument with aionion

I really question your thinking here Fundy. Its like your not even understanding the words that are posted here. Maybe you aren't. I don't know. Whoosh - there it goes right over your head.

It is plain to see that Ex 21:6, cannot be talking about forever, yet for some reason the KJV decided to put the word "forever" there. I doubt you will comment on this since you haven't so far. I don't care what a JW believes or not. I don't care what bible they use. Its irrelevant. Look at the text for Ex 21:6! Its plain as day right there in your face. Ex 21:6 is MISTRANSLATED in the KJV.

Be well Fundy, one day it will make sense to you.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I really question your thinking here Fundy. Its like your not even understanding the words that are posted here. Maybe you aren't. I don't know. Whoosh - there it goes right over your head.

It is plain to see that Ex 21:6, cannot be talking about forever, yet for some reason the KJV decided to put the word "forever" there. I doubt you will comment on this since you haven't so far. I don't care what a JW believes or not. I don't care what bible they use. Its irrelevant. Look at the text for Ex 21:6! Its plain as day right there in your face. Ex 21:6 is MISTRANSLATED in the KJV.

Be well Fundy, one day it will make sense to you.
Of couse you don't care, you feel you are right

Isn't it obvious we are arguing two different things. You know I put you in a corner......when you use that WEAK attack on "ET" being bias in our interpretation of scripture because of the hell doctrine. It's that simple and to answer your question, No I will not be dragged into the neverending, twisting, abyss of interpretation.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 09-29-2009 at 10:49 AM..

Old 09-29-2009, 10:50 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
Quote:
Because you know I put you in a corner......when you use that attack on "ET" as bias to scripture because of the hell doctrine. It's that simple.
"Put me in a corner"?!?? LOL I don't even know why you are bringing up certain points half the time. Your arguments are nonsensical.

And you still didn't acknowledge that the KJV is MISTRANSLATED, particularly with respect to this key concept of "for ever". Continue to ignore the truth at your own peril.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
"Put me in a corner"?!?? LOL I don't even know why you are bringing up certain points half the time. Your arguments are nonsensical.

And you still didn't acknowledge that the KJV is MISTRANSLATED, particularly with respect to this key concept of "for ever". Continue to ignore the truth at your own peril.
I showed you why I used the Jehoavh Witnesses and I will be looking in the future threads you write if you accuse us of being bias in our interpretation because of the doctrine of hell

Old 09-29-2009, 04:44 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,654 times
Quote:

I proved to you that Olam was mistranslated as forever or everlasting in post #74, to which you did not reply ... Because you know i am right and you cant prove me wrong. You just use your rhetoric to argue a point. You already said you cant understand the bible and rely on others to tell you what it means. So you might as well not even say anything because your just repeating the indoctrination you have been programmed with and you really dont understand it anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity