Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:53 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,586,604 times

Advertisements

God’s Love for Those Never Saved

"Someone might say, Yes, but that talks about God’s redemptive love for His elect alone. No, this speaks of a love that spread over the entire nation of Israel. God “became their Savior” in the sense that He redeemed the entire nation from Egypt. He suffered when they suffered. He sustained them “all the days of old.” This speaks not of an eternal salvation, but of a temporal relationship with an earthly nation. How do we know? Look at verse 10: “But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; therefore, He turned Himself to become their enemy, He fought against them........”

-John MacArthur
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 07:56 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,366,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
God’s Love for Those Never Saved

"Someone might say, Yes, but that talks about God’s redemptive love for His elect alone. No, this speaks of a love that spread over the entire nation of Israel. God “became their Savior” in the sense that He redeemed the entire nation from Egypt. He suffered when they suffered. He sustained them “all the days of old.” This speaks not of an eternal salvation, but of a temporal relationship with an earthly nation. How do we know? Look at verse 10: “But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; therefore, He turned Himself to become their enemy, He fought against them........”

-John MacArthur
You quote this guy like the catholics quote the pope . Doesn't that concern you.
There is grave danger in following a teaching of a man .

Old 07-08-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You quote this guy like the catholics quote the pope . Doesn't that concern you.
There is grave danger in following a teaching of a man .
Not really if he is teaching the holy scripture.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:10 PM

106 posts, read 136,231 times
I'm still going with this: if God predestined certain men for Hell, he never loved them to begin with.

"God doesn't send people to Hell, he simply only elected a few to be saved."

A firefighter sees 50 people trapped in a burning building. They will all burn to death if he does not rescue them. He has the ability to rescue ALL 50 people. He chooses to only rescue 10 people. Did he not choose to let the other 40 people burn to death?

God bless!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domoman View Post
I'm still going with this: if God predestined certain men for Hell, he never loved them to begin with.

A firefighter sees 50 people trapped in a burning building. They will all burn to death if he does not rescue them. He has the ability to rescue ALL 50 people. He chooses to only rescue 10 people. Did he not choose to let the other 40 people burn to death?

God bless!
Come on Fundy step from behind your doctrine and answer the question, cause i wanna go to bed.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domoman View Post

God bless!
We can't compare God to our understanding. We are limited, fallen, feeble, finite, perverted, warped beings who are yet to understand fully the things of God. Using finite analogies brings God down to our level of understanding. We are to reach high and meet his level of understanding and to be honest it doesn't make sense to us and that is a good thing because that means God IS God.

"My thoughts are completely different from yours," says the Lord. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."

Old 07-08-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
We can't compare God to our understanding. We are limited, fallen, feeble, finite, perverted, warped beings who are yet to understand fully the things of God. Using finite analogies brings God down to our level of understanding. We are to reach high and meet his level of understanding and to be honest it doesn't make sense to us and that is a good thing because that means God IS God.
"My thoughts are completely different from yours," says the Lord. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."

Listen i think you have this all wrong

If an unbelieving fireman would risk his own life to rescue all 50 how much more will our heavenly father .

It's a farce that you use that scripture to hide behind because you have no real answer to answer with .

Yes is thoughts are completely different to a calvinist , even an unbelieving fireman in care of his fellow man puts the teaching of calvinism to shame.

Like i said not to long ago you avoid answering questions like the plague. Goodnight.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Listen i think you have this all wrong

If an believing fireman would risk his own life to rescue all 50 how much more will our heavenly father .

It's a farce that you use that scripture to hide behind because you have no real answer to answer with .

Yes is thoughts are completely different to a calvinist , even an unbelieving fireman in care of his fellow man puts the teaching of calvinism to shame.
I must use scripture to "hide" behind because I have nothing else to go from. I am certainly not going to fill in the blanks or make it fit to our level of understanding without scripture, that would be highly irresponsible.

Analogies are ridiculous to use, if you use anything let it be scripture, all analogies limp when it pertains to human understanding of a situation but to use an analogy to get in the mind of God in such a manner is pretty much reprehensible not to mention illogical.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 07-08-2009 at 08:36 PM..

Old 07-08-2009, 08:41 PM

36 posts, read 79,497 times
God Love EVERYONE!!! He doesent pick and choose who goes to heaven he is just a all knowing God and knows who will end up in heaven. God gave us free will and its up to us how we use it. Also it is our job to reach out to those who don't belive and give them the opportunity to give them a gift that is greater than all, a relationship with Christ and eternal life with him. Lets try and bring as many as we can with us to our Kings Kingdom.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly01 View Post
God Love EVERYONE!!! He doesent pick and choose who goes to heaven he is just a all knowing God and knows who will end up in heaven. God gave us free will and its up to us how we use it. Also it is our job to reach out to those who don't belive and give them the opportunity to give them a gift that is greater than all, a relationship with Christ and eternal life with him. Lets try and bring as many as we can with us to our Kings Kingdom.
1) Freewill has nothing to do with salvation

2) It's not us who brings people to Christ; God does that. We just preach the gospel by sharing our faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity