Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:47 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times

Advertisements

makes sense. when i started in my job the orientation was huge.
when i applied for retirement only a few people in the building.
where did they all go. even my good friends towards the end blew it.
as to large crowds following the wicked. the bars are full of them.
evil is attractive to many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 12:58 AM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Evil is attractive to many, Huckleberry, but eventually it is to be abolished, made of no effect in God's creation God is able. God bless.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
It makes me shudder, I feel a chill, it seems so unthinkable you or anyone making some claim to knowing and obeying enough of the Word of God to speak with some authority could endure insulting God with restating His word, lying about what He said, misrepresenting Him. As if He didn't quite have the good sense to correct Himself to say what you try to make Him say. What you report is, 1.) "Why is it that only a few will come and respond to the gospel..." 2.) "When someone preaches the gospel only a few come?" Then you have the audacity to say: "It's the same question." 3.) "Why only a few?"

Here's the quote from Luke 13:23 (AV) "Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved?" Three (3) times you restate God's Word as saying something other than what it says. You repeatedly say, "Only a few will be saved," falsifying God's own Word. You actually have the guts to say, "It's the same question." When the question is, "Are there few?" Not, "Why are there few?" Just who do you think you are playing with? The Bible says, "God is not mocked!" You seem to think your doctrine is more important than what God says.

You did observe He did not directly answer the question you burn to have answered in the way you obsess on it so you could get one up on those people who believe with the Apostle James (5:11) "...Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy."

Let's see if I get this right. Here's some verses with your "few" in it. (I changed "all" to "few" so it agrees with your proclamation, just like you changed the word!)

Romans 11:32
"For God has consigned a few men to disobedience that He might have mercy upon a few."

1 Timothy 2:4
"For this is good and pleasing in the eyes of God our Saviour; who will have a few men to be saved and come to an increasing knowledge of the truth."

1 Timothy 2:6
"For there is one intermediary (One who brings God and men together) who gave Himself a ransom in behalf of a few to be testified in due time."

2 Peter 3:9
"The Lord is not slack/does not loiter/ is not dilatory concerning his promise, according to some people's conception of slowness; but He bears patiently with you, because it is not His will for any to be lost, but for a few to come/reach repentance."

Phil. 2:10,11
In order that in adoration of the Name of Jesus a few knees of worshippers will bow themselves and openly acknowledge with joy, in celebration and praise, that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. This profession and confession of His lordship shall be open and freely proclaimed, acknowledged joyfully by a few beings in the heavens, by a few beings on the earth and by a few beings in the underworld.
Awesome reply again from you James

Old 07-15-2009, 04:18 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,598,297 times
What I see Fundy and Meerkat are talking about is that the "workers are FEW" but the harvest is plenty. Also in Chpter 17 of John, Jesus prays for three distinct groups...Himself....the Disciples... All Believers. These Disciples (or called out ones) in vs 6-19 Jesus beautifully prays for "those you have given me". It is in reference to the few workers.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:32 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,631 times
Default Only Few will be saved

In comparison to how many people have traveled through this earth, and how many are saved, only few be saved...

its like the days of noah..matt 24:

But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

1 pet 3:

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:02 AM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
What I see Fundy and Meerkat are talking about is that the "workers are FEW" but the harvest is plenty. Also in Chpter 17 of John, Jesus prays for three distinct groups...Himself....the Disciples... All Believers. These Disciples (or called out ones) in vs 6-19 Jesus beautifully prays for "those you have given me". It is in reference to the few workers.
Eyewrist,

What I meant by my statement is that in this life there are a few who are saved from the wrath to come, and are the first fruit of a much larger harvest, and are in the first resurrection.

Those that are resurrected from the second death are the general harvest of all men.

I agree the workers are few and there are a few that will be saved from wrath, but fortunately we have a merciful Father who desires all to be reconciled to him.

1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:48 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,598,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Eyewrist,

What I meant by my statement is that in this life there are a few who are saved from the wrath to come, and are the first fruit of a much larger harvest, and are in the first resurrection.

Those that are resurrected from the second death are the general harvest of all men.

I agree the workers are few and there are a few that will be saved from wrath, but fortunately we have a merciful Father who desires all to be reconciled to him.

1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
Got it

Old 07-15-2009, 11:14 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,032 times
On the "What is hell" thread my answer a couple of days ago got lost in the shuffle of so many pages so quickly posted...and it seems appropriate to repeat some of it here, altered and slightly enlarged. First let me say that "The Law of The Firstfruits" is a major Biblical proof of the salvation of all mankind. There are other aspects to our discussion about seeing a right and Biblical defination of the various orders or ranks by which God has ordained mankind to be defined. To just repeat dogmatically certain words we've heard from prominent men held in esteem by other religious men has been a sure path of error in among the people of God. Why?! O why?! I wonder, is it so hard to use the actual words God chose to make His revelation known for what we say we believe?!

Part of the influence to keep people from seeing that the chosen now are priests for the rest of the world is because of the apostasy of the Church. Institutional Christianity has other mediators. They have created a special elite class of priests, pastors, etc. who perform for their enabling audiences rather than all those who have the Holy Spirit participating as the body of Christ under the headship of the leading of Jesus present in us. Rather than "we all" journeying from Adam into "the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ" (cf., Eph 4:11-13) they are caught in a cage of Babylon. Rather than journeying out of Babylon to build the temple of living stones for the Presence of God they stay with sectarian bureachracies paid to entertain and soothsay with most of their children assimilated into Babylon.

By setting up an elite priesthood over the rest of the believers who are themselves supposed to be the priests, they create a closed system. The people who should be ministering to the rest of the world are made into parasites that live instead off the performances of their other mediators; who, in turn, function to satisfy those they divisively consider their own people. I notice people in that closed system, having established their own authority of men over other men, are significantly detached from the actual authority of God which is in direct relationship to each one that has the Holy Spirit. By allowing only a very few to have any supposed leading of the Holy Spirit, and everybody else led of those few, the many ruled over by the perpetrators of this fraud are suppressed. They are robbed of all their gifts, blessings and freedoms. Try to raise a conversation about the things of God with those long in this system and most of them have nothing to say.

There are many things this does to these people's doctrine. One is they think the "chosen" (electoi, transliterated: 'elect") are all of the people that there are being "saved" rather than that they are the one's meant to "save" the rest of the world. It's really been quite the Satanic coup! Like Isaiah said, "This is a people robbed and in warrens."

Last edited by JamesMRohde; 07-16-2009 at 12:14 AM..

Old 07-16-2009, 05:36 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
In comparison to how many people have traveled through this earth, and how many are saved, only few be saved...

its like the days of noah..matt 24:

But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

1 pet 3:

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
So do you think only something proportionally like 8 people will be saved? What are we talking about here... only .1% saved while 99.9% in hell?

Old 07-16-2009, 07:58 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
So do you think only something proportionally like 8 people will be saved? What are we talking about here... only .1% saved while 99.9% in hell?
Yes, proportionally is right..perhaps during the Time of noah , research estimates there was 12 million people upon the earth.. So whats the percentage saved if only 8 out of 12 million were saved ?

Now, today the population is what ? Close to 7 billion !

Now 8 out of 12 million is this percentage is roughly .6 %, thats way under 1 % of the people were saved during the Time of noah..

And it will be proportioned here at the end of the world..

Same principle with Lot..4 people escaped Judgment out of cities that were estimated to have thousands..

Jesus has warned you..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity