Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:25 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,957,734 times

Advertisements

The simplicity of the GOOD NEWS

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not as a result of works that no one should boast".

1Ti 2:3 for this is ideal and welcome in the sight of our Saviour, God,
Ti 2:4 Who wills that all mankind be saved and come into a realization of the truth.

GOOD NEWS

Old 07-15-2009, 12:29 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,774,145 times
Default You are deceived IF

you believe the following:

* that everything was done away with on the cross (better re read Matthew 5:17-20 as NOTHING was done away with and HE declared it.

* If you believe that even here in the flesh you are without sin because you have accepted the Messiah. You are given a covering, you are NOT without sin. The covering was HIS blood......

* If you believe that you are "new testament" believers and have little concern for the so called Old Testament. Got news for ya, the Tanach (1st 5 books of Moses, Psalms and Prophets) was what was being taught and the believers were being reminded up daily by the Messiah and HIS Talmadim. They weren't modified one letter.

* IF you believe that the Messiah is in every way EQUAL to Elohim YHVH as HE is NOT. HE differed to HIM and gave all honor and glory to the Father. HE was in complete accord with HIM no question, and was given much in power and authority, but was NOT EQUAL. To believe so is pagan to the core and is NOT what the Messiah taught about the Father YHVH.

This from 1st Yochanan (John) says a lot:

[SIZE=1]But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Messiah His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have not sin, we are misleading ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is trustwor- thy and righteous to forgive us the sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]3 And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commands. The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar,and the truth is not in him.
But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Elohim has been perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked. [/SIZE]

Last but not least:

Hebrews: [SIZE=1]28Anyone who has disregarded the Torah of Mosheh dies without compassion on the witness of two or three witnesses. [/SIZE]

Old 07-15-2009, 12:41 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,202,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
you believe the following:

* that everything was done away with on the cross (better re read Matthew 5:17-20 as NOTHING was done away with and HE declared it.
Correct, He said they would be fulfilled by His sacrifice (Romans 8:4). We are to lay down our life (wills) and live by His life - thereby letting Him fulfill the Law in our members.

It's a reality that giving up our will and allowing Him to be our life is the key to the Christian life.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:29 PM

1st let me establish one thing....I'm NOT a xtian. I am a Netzarim and follow that which the Messiah and HIS Talmadim followed, not the churches that came afterwards. Oh and lets consider some good reading glasses bro. HE said, in Matthew 5 "Until Heaven and Earth Pass Away".....um er....not gonna happen anytime soon bro. Count on it. When HE says things like that you can't take them away no matter how hard you wish or try. Gonna just have to live with the REAL truth. HIS word and HIS law stand Forever and ever........

Old 07-15-2009, 01:42 PM

Oh Elmer, FWIW the "Law" spoken of was the "Law of Sin and Death", NOT the Commandments. Here is some scripture for ya.

[SIZE=1]25Thanks to Elohim, through (Yahushua) Messiah our Master!

So then, with the mind I myself truly serve the Torah of Elohim, but with the flesh the law of sin. 8 There is, then, now no condemnation to those who are in Messiah ,who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.r 2For the Torah of the Spirit of the life in Messiah has set me free from the [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]law of sin and of death.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

Old 07-15-2009, 02:08 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,202,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Oh Elmer, FWIW the "Law" spoken of was the "Law of Sin and Death", NOT the Commandments. Here is some scripture for ya.

[SIZE=1]25Thanks to Elohim, through (Yahushua) Messiah our Master! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]So then, with the mind I myself truly serve the Torah of Elohim, but with the flesh the law of sin. 8 There is, then, now no condemnation to those who are in Messiah ,who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.r 2For the Torah of the Spirit of the life in Messiah has set me free from the [/SIZE][SIZE=1]law of sin and of death.[/SIZE][SIZE=1] [/SIZE]
That's what I'm trying to say - "walking according to the flesh" is the old man that Paul said he died to "daily". The carnal man is subject to the Law, but as Romans 7:1 says, the Law has dominion over a man as long as he lives. As we die to the flesh, the Law of the Spirit becomes our guide, and He changes our will to conform to His.

It's a mouthful, but the process of dying to the flesh and being raised to life in Christ is the path Jesus and Paul spoke of many times throughout Scripture.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:28 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,671,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Verna, do you believe that if you stopped keeping the 10 commandments like you have, that you will not enter into His kingdom? God bless.
I believe what God's Word tells me Shana...Let's look at what he has to say about this....

1John 1:3-6 And we can be sure that we know Him if we obey His commandments. If someone claims, "I know God," but doesn't obey God's commandments, that person is a liar and is not living in the truth. But those who obey God's Word truly show how completely they love Him. That is how we know we are living in Him. Those who say they live in God should live their their lives as Jesus did.

1John2:24-27 "Living In The Light" So you must remain faithful to what you have been taught from the beginning. If you do, you will remain in fellowship with the Son and with the Father. And in this fellowship we enjoy the eternal life He has promised us.

1John 2:28-29 "Living As Children of God" And now, dear children, remain in fellowship with Christ so that when He returns, you will be full of courage and not shrink back from Him in shame.
Since we know that Christ is righteous, we also know that all who do what is right are God's children.

1John 3:3 And all who have this eager expectation will keep themselves pure, just as He is pure.

1John 3:4-6 Everyone who sins is breaking God's law, for all sin is contrary to the law of God. And you know that Jesus came to take away our sins, and there is no sin in Him. Anyone who continues to live in Him will not sin. But anyone who keeps on sinnng does not know Him or understand who He is.

1John 3:7-10 Dear children, don't let anyone deceive you about this:
When people do what is right, it shows that they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous. But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil. Those who have been born into God's family do not make a practice of sinning, because God's life is in them. So they can't keep on sinning, because they are the children of God. So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the devil. Anyone who does not live righteously and does not love other believers does not belong to God.

1John 3:18-24 Dear children, let's not merely say we love...let us show the truth by our actions. Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God...Those who obey God's commandments remain in fellowship with Him, and He with them. And we know He lives in us because the Spirit He gave us lives in us.

1John 5:2-4 We know we love God's children if we love God and obey His commandments, and His commandments are not burdensome. For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith.

Matthew 18:3 Then Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of heaven. v.7 "What sorrow awaits the world, because it tempts people to sin." said Jesus.

...and the one Scripture that I wanted to list last to answer your question completely...

Matthew 5: 17-20 "Teaching About The Law"
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. i did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God's law will disappear until its purpose is achieved. So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God's laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of heaven.

God says it and I believe it.

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:32 PM

573 posts, read 1,692,066 times
I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything here, but just curious....if one has parents they no longer speak with (abusive, druggies, what have you)....Commandment 5 is down the tubes. Does this mean I'm not good in the eyes of the Lord?

Thank you......

Old 07-15-2009, 04:36 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,427,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebdj View Post
I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything here, but just curious....if one has parents they no longer speak with (abusive, druggies, what have you)....Commandment 5 is down the tubes. Does this mean I'm not good in the eyes of the Lord?

Thank you......
There is difference between obeying and honoring. To obey means to do as told, honor means to respect and love. Children are not commanded to disobey God in obeying their parents. Adult children are not asked to to be subservient to domineering parents.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:41 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,450,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
So which of the ten can't you keep?

It's not how you falter and fall, but it's in your getting up!! I'm not perfect by a long shot, not me, I'll be liar if I said I was! It's a daily struggle and daily repentance that we strive to make it in! Oh, how we strive to make it in!

That's why He tells us, Oh ye who are weary and tired, come! All's welcome, all's welcome.

Hold me Lord, lest I fall on my face and when I do, AND I AM...give me the strength Lord to get up!! Help me up......

YouTube - Hold Me Now - Kirk Franklin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity