Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 12:06 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,419,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
2 John 1:6
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.
As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

He was able to walk in love, irregardless of man's intent to rape, kill, pillage,
and destroy that of the cross for mere sacrifice to cover their sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Pneuma, give me your questions one at a time. A good discussion is not about raising several points but to debate a point at a time. I knew my last question for you would open lots of problematic issues for your position.

BTW, my quetions was not how were we created but whether we are carnal before we are spiritual.

Did not Adam choose DEATH?

Is not Adam a MAN?

Is MANS WAYS Gods WAYS?

We are not born carnal Paul we are born natural with a spirit, soul and body.

And your question does not pose any problem for me Paul, for being carnal is following your body not your spirit.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
When you are nailed to a cross, you ain't got many options.
Do you alway carry your cross, or do you sometimes get off of it?

Old 11-27-2011, 12:24 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,050,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Did not Adam choose DEATH?

Is not Adam a MAN?

Is MANS WAYS Gods WAYS?
Of course Adam is a man and chose death. Adam wouldn't choose life. And yes Man's ways are NOT God's ways. But remember God directs the steps of man.

Man makes choices but it is God directing those choices.

Quote:

We are not born carnal Paul we are born natural with a spirit, soul and body.

And your question does not pose any problem for me Paul, for being carnal is following your body not your spirit.
Ok pneuma, I didn't ask how we are born. I asked if we are Carnal before we are Spirtual.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,455,848 times
Quote:
Interesting, as Christ knocked over the tables and benches of men who were selling a mere sacrifice.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Interesting, as Christ knocked over the tables and benches of men who were selling a mere sacrifice.
Hi Jerwade, I'm just repeating what God's Word says:

Pro 16:9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Of course Adam is a man and chose death. Adam wouldn't choose life. And yes Man's ways are NOT God's ways. But remember God directs the steps of man.

Your understanding of those scriptures is in error, God does not direct mans steps to sin, but God does direct man steps out of sin and death. If God directed mans steps to sin and enter into death, then Gods way and mans way are the same thing, which is against what the scriptures say.

Quote:
Ok pneuma, I didn't ask how we are born. I asked if we are Carnal before we are Spirtual.

I answered your question the only way it can be answered because your question is faulty.

You seem to be under the impression that all men are carnal before they are spiritual and this would include Adam who was a son of God. Man was not created nor born carnal, man was/is created spirit, soul and body. It depends on who we yield our selves to that makes us spiritual or carnal. If you walk in the spirit you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh, if you fulfill the lust of the flesh you walk in carnality.

What you would have me believe is that man is incapable of following the spirit, which is totally against all scripture.

So explain to me how a son of God is incapable of obeying God.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma
Your understanding of those scriptures is in error, God does not direct mans steps to sin, but God does direct man steps out of sin and death. If God directed mans steps to sin and enter into death, then Gods way and mans way are the same thing, which is against what the scriptures say.
I agree that God doesn't direct man to sin but God created man subject to vanity. So man only knows to sin. So God uses the sins of the man to accomplish His Good will. This is what you don't seem to comprehend Pneuma. Case in point is that of evil intentions of Joseph's brothers to leave him in a pit. We know that later this event would lead to saving those same brothers from famine.

Quote:
I answered your question the only way it can be answered because your question is faulty.
Ok, remember, you said that issue is faulty. That means to say someone is carnal before they are Spiritual is a faulty thing to you. So tell me how someone becomes carnal?

Quote:
You seem to be under the impression that all men are carnal before they are spiritual and this would include Adam who was a son of God. Man was not created nor born carnal, man was/is created spirit, soul and body. It depends on who we yield our selves to that makes us spiritual or carnal. If you walk in the spirit you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh, if you fulfill the lust of the flesh you walk in carnality.
What you would have me believe is that man is incapable of following the spirit, which is totally against all scripture.
So explain to me how a son of God is incapable of obeying God.
Yes, I am under the impression that all men are carnal before they are Spiritual. And yes that included Adam. And yes, I'm saying that man's nature in unable to follow God. But we shall continue to debate this as this thread continues.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
So it went against God's plan, correct?

Paul this is where you go completely wrong.

You keep looking at Adam/mans WAYS as though they are Gods WAYS.

Gods WAY was NEVER in Adam/man, Gods WAY has and always will be in CHRIST.

As long as you continue to believe Gods plan is according to Adam, you cannot see Gods plan is in Christ ALONE.

Take your eyes off Adam, Put them on Christ, for only in Him do we see Gods plan and way.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma
You keep looking at Adam/mans WAYS as though they are Gods WAYS
Incorrect, I believe God's ways are above man's ways. But again, as I already showed God directs mans steps. Man can only have a way (anyway - good or evil) in the framework which God's provides and is in complete command and control of. Do you not realize that not even a sparrow falls to teh ground without the father. This doesn't mean just His knowledge but it takes the Father's purpose and will for that to happen.

Is this a true statement - Only God can give life and take it away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity