Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:21 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,374 times

Advertisements

One of the most God dishonoring and Christ dishonoring false teachings of our day, is that there is no penal suffering in hell for the wicked, but that its merely remedial or corrective..much like the untruth of purgatory..

It gives false hope to those who dont believe God and His record of His Son, which is calling God a Liar..1 jn 5:

10He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

This terrible lie by the LORDS enemies make the sufferings of Jesus christ meaningless and for nothing, for God could have spared His Son if this terrible human invention is true..

The Truth of the matter is, that God in this life, chastens His children, in order that they will not stand condemend in the day of Judgement with the wicked..

1 cor 11:

31For if we [the elect] would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32But when we [believers] are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

The word chastened is the greek word:

paideuō which means:

to train children

a) to be instructed or taught or learn
b) to cause one to learn
2) to chastise

The english word:
  1. To correct by punishment or reproof; take to task.
  2. To restrain; subdue: chasten a proud spirit.
  3. To rid of excess; refine or purify:
But this activity is limited or restricted to Gods children and not the devils childrenScripture tells us chastening relates to sonship..heb 12:

7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Well, the devils seed dont have God as a Father, but the Devil is their Father, listen to Jesus:

jn 8:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

And thats who is cast into hell, the lake of fire according to Matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

So sorry, the Devil being not a redeemed child of God..he and his seed will never escape the damnation of hell..never ages for the ages..

Its false teaching giving people the false hope that eternal punishment doesnt exist, or that its just a super bubble bath, and you will be purified, and totally disregard the purifying death of the Son of God..

Heb 1:

3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

And we have these false teachers saying Hell fire will do a much better Job, than the precious blood of christ..

Thats blasphemy..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 06:31 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
One of the most God dishonoring and Christ dishonoring false teachings of our day, is that there is no penal suffering in hell for the wicked, but that its merely remedial or corrective..much like the untruth of purgatory..

Well, many people talk and proclaim their doctrines as truth and woe to anyone who doesn't believe them, few actually apply any of the same asserted logic or truth back into their own words. You often (as do others with similar predestination ideas) comment that someone was ordained to believe what they believe.

Well, if thats true, then the assertions you make cast a light on the type of God you wish to portray. God dishonors himself by ordaining that people dishonor him. So God therefor must burn in hell forever for dishonoring God.

Great doctrine you have there, OOPS, now I'm gonna burn in hell

Old 07-07-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well, many people talk and proclaim their doctrines as truth and woe to anyone who doesn't believe them, few actually apply any of the same asserted logic or truth back into their own words. You often (as do others with similar predestination ideas) comment that someone was ordained to believe what they believe.

Well, if thats true, then the assertions you make cast a light on the type of God you wish to portray. God dishonors himself by ordaining that people dishonor him. So God therefor must burn in hell forever for dishonoring God.

Great doctrine you have there, OOPS, now I'm gonna burn in hell
I see you continue your trend of rejecting truth..

Old 07-07-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I see you continue your trend of rejecting truth..
Sorry that your God is going to burn in hell forever.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:02 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,356 times
Quote:
Why can you not come up with any words from the Bible that say the same thing you are saying here? It is because yours is an extra-Biblical doctrine.

Quote:
This terrible lie by the LORDS enemies make the sufferings of Jesus christ meaningless and for nothing, for God could have spared His Son if this terrible human invention is true..
If, instead of death, the penalty for any and all sin was infinite torture, then for Jesus to pay the penalty for our sins He must be tortured now and forever or there is something left to pay.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Sorry that your God is going to burn in hell forever.
You still continue to bad mouth God

Old 07-08-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Why can you not come up with any words from the Bible that say the same thing you are saying here?
So where you think the scriptures i used in the OP come from the new paper ?

Old 07-08-2009, 06:08 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
Quote:
So what if we are all badmouthing god? You are the only super duper special elect one here anyhow. Right. Just here to rub it in our faces that we are all not chosen by god....no freewill in your doctrine is there?

Old 07-08-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:

It's real simple, according to what you say is truth God is bad mouthing himself.

Have you not said that I have no choice but to believe and say the things I am saying? Haven't you? YES you have.

So how am I badmouthing God if he is controlling me to bad mouth himself? It is out of my control, according to what you say is truth.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
It's real simple, according to what you say is truth God is bad mouthing himself.
Thats just what you say..your still accountable for the Truth of His I have witnesssd to, even though you interpret it to say I am bad mouthing God...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity