Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 01:43 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,150,121 times

Advertisements

And may the year to come be a year of focusing on Christ and not those things that would distract. The Lord has told me personally that I have been very distracted by my own family and their choices. I have lost sight of my first Love which is my Savior. God is a jealous God and He is not pleased when I/we place others before Him, so He has allowed my loved ones to disappoint me. My expectations were in "them" and not "Him". God has told me "NO, get your eyes on me". Focus on Me, meditate on Me, seek Me. I am the Lord your God your Maker, your Husband, your Redeemer, your sustanance and I am the Rock so stand on me. And when you see the mountains quake and the waters rage all around you and the earth crumble into the sea, you will be safe on the immovable Rock on which you stand.

Seek me first and my Kingdom and all these things will be added unto you. Seek me in this New Year of 2010... Lay aside every weight that would weigh you down. Cast all your cares upon me because I love you Raelyn and I love my people. This is the year of restoration, the year of return, the year of a new thing... But I must have your attention and total surrender. Don't look to the right, nor to the left but straight ahead to the Higher Calling of Christ...

Thankyou Lord for the hope that we have in you and you alone. Lord help us. We need you in this age of rebellion, distraction and loss of love.. We need your strength, we need your comfort, we need your encouragement. Help us to call on the Name of the Living God. The only one worthy of Praise and adoration. King of Kings, Lord of Lords, we Worship you.. Help us and may we be pleasing in your sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 02:26 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,441,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
And may the year to come be a year of focusing on Christ and not those things that would distract. The Lord has told me personally that I have been very distracted by my own family and their choices. I have lost sight of my first Love which is my Savior. God is a jealous God and He is not pleased when I/we place others before Him, so He has allowed my loved ones to disappoint me. My expectations were in "them" and not "Him". God has told me "NO, get your eyes on me". Focus on Me, meditate on Me, seek Me. I am the Lord your God your Maker, your Husband, your Redeemer, your sustanance and I am the Rock so stand on me. And when you see the mountains quake and the waters rage all around you and the earth crumble into the sea, you will be safe on the immovable Rock on which you stand.

Seek me first and my Kingdom and all these things will be added unto you. Seek me in this New Year of 2010... Lay aside every weight that would weigh you down. Cast all your cares upon me because I love you Raelyn and I love my people. This is the year of restoration, the year of return, the year of a new thing... But I must have your attention and total surrender. Don't look to the right, nor to the left but straight ahead to the Higher Calling of Christ...

Thankyou Lord for the hope that we have in you and you alone. Lord help us. We need you in this age of rebellion, distraction and loss of love.. We need your strength, we need your comfort, we need your encouragement. Help us to call on the Name of the Living God. The only one worthy of Praise and adoration. King of Kings, Lord of Lords, we Worship you.. Help us and may we be pleasing in your sight.
Blessings to you Raelyn, thank you for sharing, soo true.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:21 PM

I was just thinking...suppose you're in the bed and you hear the sound of the trumpet? Would you be ready? Would I be ready? Before we go to sleep tonight, let's ask for forgiveness for our souls, you and I. Good night. Love you guys.

Betsey

Old 01-03-2010, 12:37 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
I wish I COULD go to sleep!!! Oh there is so much on my mind at 2:30 am........I have a heavy heart and a messed up mind and I can't seem to get any answers. I'm weary, so very weary. I pray that the Lord comes soon so I can get some rest from this world and my own insanity.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I wish I COULD go to sleep!!! Oh there is so much on my mind at 2:30 am........I have a heavy heart and a messed up mind and I can't seem to get any answers. I'm weary, so very weary. I pray that the Lord comes soon so I can get some rest from this world and my own insanity.
Whenever that happens to me (as it did last night) I put my headset on turn on my computer and listen to one of Joyce Meyer's messages. Last night it was about "don't give up". She has an archive to choose from and podcasts to listen to and download. You can also listen to her TV taping from the same day via her website www.joycemeyer.org.

It really works and by the time I am finished with her message my mind is off my problem and I am ready for bed.

If you don't like Joyce there are several Teachers/Pastors and thousands of websites with messages. Grab a cup of hot tea or whatever you like, plug yourself in and listen to the Word of God... It truly takes your mind off of those troubling thoughts..

Old 01-03-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I was just thinking...suppose you're in the bed and you hear the sound of the trumpet? Would you be ready? Would I be ready? Before we go to sleep tonight, let's ask for forgiveness for our souls, you and I. Good night. Love you guys.

Betsey
I would be ready Betsey, but you are absolutely correct. We all need to ask for forgiveness before we go to bed.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

Betsey
Betsey, you seem like the perfect woman..even a proverbs 31 woman. How long have you put the Lord first in your life and what do you do on a daily basis in order to trust the Lord. Testimony please???

Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
HI Ilene, Girl don't I understand! Whew!! You want to go home like yesterday, so do I, so do I. I want to see Jesus face, I want to see my Mommy, my sister, my nephew.......yes I'm longing for all this yet, Lord, I thank you for one more day! One day that might make a difference in somebody's life, know what I mean?

Weary you say girl? How about bone tired, yet run this race we must! Girrrll, somebody got to do this! It might as well be us huh? We are going to rest Ilene, believe that! Hold on sister, just a while longer okay? Love you Warrior Princess!

Your sister in Christ Jesus

Betsey

Old 01-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Betsey, you seem like the perfect woman..even a proverbs 31 woman. How long have you put the Lord first in your life and what do you do on a daily basis in order to trust the Lord. Testimony please???
Hi Raelyn28. Perfect? Girl no! Not me! Not by a long shot, not until Jesus comes. Do I struggle? YES! Do I suffer? YES! Do I have hardships? YES! Do I get angry? YES! All that and some.......

How long ago did I put the Lord in my life? See that's just it! I didn't put Him anywhere, He was always there! It's been some years, about 13 years ago roughly, that I choose to acknowledge Him. I've always had wonderful, humble, God-fearing parents in my life, but talk about taking the long road home! That was me, Betsey.

I was sitting in somebody's church one fine Easter morning when the realization came, "HE DIED FOR ME"!! "He suffered for me"! I hurt Him Raelyn28, my sins had something to do with Him hurting and "I'm sorry Lord"! "Can you forgive me"? That's when it hit me...... I vowed from thereon, to spend the rest of my life loving Him, Raelyn28.

What do I do on a daily basis in order to trust the Lord? It's very hard to remain faithful Monday to Friday isn't? Everybody is faithful come Sunday/ Saturday morning it seems like doesn't it? I take with me to work some wonderful music and my Bible and I literally have church with some of my co-workers in our little office we occupy. (I am a school nurse by day and a hospice nurse some nights).

We have made a pact at work to go into the office on a daily basis and one of us lead in prayer, yes, right there on school grounds! Who said you couldn't pray in school? Is it easy? No. There is so many things that could easily take your eyes off of Christ. I also make sure before I go to sleep each and every night, that I pray with my children and ask forgiveness for our sins. Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone, no not one.

Betsey

Old 01-05-2010, 07:17 PM

So tonight I say: "PEOPLE GET READY, DADDY IS COMING SOON"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sc1z9arhe0

Goodnight, Tomorrow....God spare life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity