Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 02:14 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,810,071 times

Advertisements

Amen Reverend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 02:27 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Sorry, your "word" is wrong. We are ALL equal. No one should bow down to another. We are all sacred and no one is more sacred than another. Ask God yourself instead of looking in a book that is not 100% truth. That book contains mans laws as well as some of God's laws. Families work together to make them strong. Both parties agreeing and both parties guiding.
We are only responsible for ourselves for salvation. The so called wrath is spared when one does the will of God and just because one is married does not mean they are both spared. And as a girl, I could never be like my mother. Father maybe but never my mother.
Our perceptions of this stem from our own upbringing and our beliefs. We differ in that so I doubt we will agree on anything.
Depraved minds. And you are a Reverend? If that doesn't go against God's ordained Word,,,ouch. Maybe you should learn the basics?? No wonder we have all these doctrines of devils floating around these days. Jezebel spirits is all they are. You are NOT a man, but a woman.

1Ti 2:12
But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, then Eve. And not Adam was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. But {women} will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:34 PM

Clearly she was making a personal character reference not a matter of being like her father in a physical manner. If you really hate women this much there's nothing that anyone can do to change your mind on here...we could correct you all day but it's getting old. I just want you to know you look really ignorant.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:44 PM

257 posts, read 444,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Well, I will be the first to say it. Women's lib has helped destroy this country. It took the raising of moral children away from the mother and gave them to the state. It is the father's fault for letting them get this far, those unbelieving godless men, with no manhoood nor faith to speak of. Instead of fighting, they worshipped the idol called woman, and each other, instead of the God who made them. Depraved minds is all they have, and now a call for change is all they want, but sadly the change that is coming will NOT be to their liking. It will be called judgment!!

So, yes, even though this may sound as sexist as can be?? My wife completely agrees with it. Thank God I married a Godly woman, and not a Jezebel who only desires things for herself, and not the needs of the family. Women like that make me sick. The ones who are remembered are the ones who loved without expectation. They gave without expectations. And for this, they were blessed beyond measure. They are remembered until the generation that saw this dies away, and the godless society takes over. Hey, isn't this where we are now??? To our shame, yes, until revival breaks forth, it will stay like this. Pray for rain people, because our country is dying of thirst!!
This is an excellent writing!

Old 07-30-2009, 02:49 PM

we get it boys, your intimidated by women, yes I agree you did a wonderful job of conveying that

Old 07-30-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
Clearly she was making a personal character reference not a matter of being like her father in a physical manner. If you really hate women this much there's nothing that anyone can do to change your mind on here...we could correct you all day but it's getting old. I just want you to know you look really ignorant.
Then ok. She should find a Godly woman with whom to look up to, following the council of God's will, instead of putting on the man's shoes and hoping they fit.

I do not hate women, btw. I love my wife even more than my own life. I love Godly women who take in what God has given them, and have not desired to take that which was not theirs to begin with.

Also, I need no correcting from a woman who wants equal partnership with a man, nor more so than I would want to hear from a preacher who wants equal footing with Jesus the risen Christ. Get it now?

I understand authority, and where it is given. From God Almighty. I look to take nothing away from this Authority, and am not seeking to relinquish that which has been entrusted to me. There has been enough of that already. Look around, as it is evident!

Old 07-30-2009, 03:05 PM

I just want you to try something...print this out...go around and show it to some women that you don't know...and see what kind of response you get. I think your separating people too much by sex, a daughter can try to follow in her fathers footsteps in an aspect of life just as much as a son can follow in his mothers...we all still have our own personal journey with God and with our spouses. If you get a chance, try reading Gift From the Sea, I think it would give you a better insight into what it means to be a woman and a feminist. Its by Anne Morrow Lindbergh, wife of Charles Lindbergh, she wrote it after they lost their son.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:10 PM

You can read it in a day and it's one of my favorite books! There are lots of Christian aspects to it as well, I think you might enjoy it.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I just want you to try something...print this out...go around and show it to some women that you don't know...and see what kind of response you get. I think your separating people too much by sex, a daughter can try to follow in her fathers footsteps in an aspect of life just as much as a son can follow in his mothers...we all still have our own personal journey with God and with our spouses. If you get a chance, try reading Gift From the Sea, I think it would give you a better insight into what it means to be a woman and a feminist. Its by Anne Morrow Lindbergh, wife of Charles Lindbergh, she wrote it after they lost their son.
Yea, like I am going to ask a bunch of women who want to wear pants what it means to be a Godly woman. No thanks. I could care less if they all hate me or despise me. I actually expect that. But I am not going to change my stance on the subject because it is written in the Word how a child should act, how a woman should act, and how a man should act.

Please. If you want equal footing with your spouse, then it is your free will to desire and take that. But trust the Word, it was not given for you to have it, and violates the will of our Father who is in heaven.

We are seperated by sex. We are also seperated by authority. We are also seperated in how we are to act, live, work, and everything. We are not the same, and were not designed to even act like we were.

I don't need to read anything that gives me "insight" in what it means to be a feminist, for such works are of the devil. Why would i read works of the devil? That would be like me asking you to read about gay women and giving you insights to how and why they feel this way. Why would I ask such things?

I know why people are gay. It comes down to upbringing. If the man was a Godly man, then the boy would want to be like his father. He would want to marry a Godly woman with whom to share his life with and bear children for God's glory.
Now if the man was ungodly, then the boy might desire to be like his nourishing mother. If this be the case, then he might want to be with the man down the street, instead of a woman. Depraved minds. Lacking true understanding on what it means to be a man, and or woman. Ever read Romans? Start with chapter 1.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
You can read it in a day and it's one of my favorite books! There are lots of Christian aspects to it as well, I think you might enjoy it.
No thank you. The Word of God is sufficient for Godly living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity