Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 10:52 PM

388 posts, read 856,036 times

Advertisements

Wow! Just wow man! Beloved you are my kind of fella, teaching, and talking Faith, Love, and conviction! Everyone hang your head in shame! For no Love to you, and NO HOPE! Jesus didn't die for anyone Except the elect!
For some reason or another Beloved I really believe your wrong! You really believe this what you you are speaking of? Are you willing to lay it ALL on the line until that day! I mean like wow man, If your wrong, wow, I can only imagine, are you willing to have that carried with you? I'm not perfect but mm mm mm, , Well all I can say is better you than me my friend!

Old 08-09-2009, 11:11 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJScott View Post
None of us can come to God unless he calls us so wouldn't this make all believers the elect?
yeah, if you believe the truth..

Old 08-09-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Jesus didn't die for anyone Except the elect!
Thats right..

Old 08-10-2009, 07:20 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,575,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Thats right..
That's a bunch of hooey,Jesus Christ died for us all. Read John 3:16 again.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
That's a bunch of hooey,Jesus Christ died for us all. Read John 3:16 again.
John 3 16 doesnt say Jesus died for all..

Old 08-10-2009, 05:22 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,616 times
Default This a great question for talk

The bible say he hid the gospel from the wise and prudent and reveal it unto babes.

If the gospel is about ambition and intellect more people would be saved and make it in heaven.

Like the bible say people have a zeal of God but not according to knowledge.

The bible also say people receive not the love of the truth so he gave them over to a reprobate mind with strong delusions.

Bible also say people have a form of Godliness but denying the power there of.

In summary people want to have God on their fleshly terms and make it in heaven.

Nobody can bribe God and make it in heaven.

Remember Acts 9 or so where somebody tried to buy the gift of the laying on of hands on people while they speak in tongues, etc.

Peter rebuked them and told them to pray for God to forgive them over that perverted spirit.

God can't be bribed nor negotiated with like Saul tried too with the animal sacrifices.

Water baptism mean what it say.
You can't substitute it for confession and belief.
Water baptism is that it's water to be pooled in.

Quote:
tim 2:

10Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

The scripture is full of references to Gods elect, and it is them for whom Salvation is for, and no others..

Paul here is stating that he will suffer and endure all things for the elects sake, for he knew it was Gods will to suffer such and well worth it..

notice vs 9

9Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.

he suffered in his reputation as an evil doer, thats what preaching the discriminate Love of God will do for you, it makes you labeled a evil doer..You wanna suffer ? preach the Limited intention of Jesus christ death, that its for only the elect, that Salvation is only obtained by Gods elect..

Paul even went to Jail for this Gospel..

That the elect may obtain salvation..

paul taught the same truth in rom 11:

7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, [Salvation] and the rest were blinded.

national Israel sought after salvation, but they were denied it, except for the election, for paul says, the election hath obtained it..but all others, were made blind by God..

Its the same principle outside of the nation of Israel, into the world at large, that is, many will be striving to enter in [obtain salvation] but only the election will obtain it, and the rest, will be blinded..

Jesus says it correct here:

lk 13:24

Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

But the elect will enter in, and the rest will be blinded..Thats the Gospel..

preach the True Gospel, who salvation is for and who it is not for, those blinded..

Old 08-12-2009, 05:51 AM

Quote:
The bible say he hid the gospel from the wise and prudent and reveal it unto babes.
Right, and its hid to them that are lost 2 cor 4:

3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

Could the lost here and the wise and prudent in matt 11 be the same group ? I say yes..

Quote:
If the gospel is about ambition and intellect more people would be saved and make it in heaven.
The Gospel is a kingdom revelation for the people of that kingdom.. Matt 13:

11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

For this cause Jesus terms it the gospel of the kingdom Matt 24:

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come

Quote:
Like the bible say people have a zeal of God but not according to knowledge.
Right, this is 666..mens philosophy and religon trying to make it to heaven without being part of Gods elected children of the kingdom..Jesus says this:

Matt 7:

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Quote:
The bible also say people receive not the love of the truth so he gave them over to a reprobate mind with strong delusions.
right, that Gods Love and salvation is restricted for only some, this truth is hated by men of natural minds..so men dont recieve the Love of the Truth and consequently God gives them up to even more blindness as His punishment for despising His Truth..

Quote:
Bible also say people have a form of Godliness but denying the power there of.
Thats so true, people are much more concerned about formality in religon than doctrinal truth ..

Quote:
In summary people want to have God on their fleshly terms and make it in heaven.
Thats right, this started with cain..but salvation is one way Jn 14:

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And Jesus way is only having been chosen in him before the world began eph 1:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

rom 11:

7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for;but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:58 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Right, and its hid to them that are lost 2 cor 4:

3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

Could the lost here and the wise and prudent in matt 11 be the same group ? I say yes..

The Gospel is a kingdom revelation for the people of that kingdom.. Matt 13:

11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

For this cause Jesus terms it the gospel of the kingdom Matt 24:

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come

Right, this is 666..mens philosophy and religon trying to make it to heaven without being part of Gods elected children of the kingdom..Jesus says this:

Matt 7:

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

right, that Gods Love and salvation is restricted for only some, this truth is hated by men of natural minds..so men dont recieve the Love of the Truth and consequently God gives them up to even more blindness as His punishment for despising His Truth..

Thats so true, people are much more concerned about formality in religon than doctrinal truth ..

Thats right, this started with cain..but salvation is one way Jn 14:

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And Jesus way is only having been chosen in him before the world began eph 1:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

rom 11:

7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for;but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
What you fail to see beloved57 is you were once blind yourself just like every other man at this moment who as not had their eyes opened to the light of the gospel.

The word tells us "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Not everybody believes all at the same time.

The scripture "Now is the day of Salvation" as been taken completely out of context, absolutely nothing is born before it's time

There's a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,

Old 08-12-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Not everybody believes all at the same time.
Who said they did..but those who are Lost never believe, thats why they are lost..

Those who Jesus died for was lost, but not now..lk 19:

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Those He sought by His death are saved, the rest are lost forever..

Old 08-12-2009, 08:06 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Who said they did..but those who are Lost never believe, thats why they are lost..

Those who Jesus died for was lost, but not now..lk 19:

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Those He sought by His death are saved, the rest are lost forever..

Who was lost ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity