Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:29 AM

38 posts, read 51,581 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]King James Version
Rev 15:1 - And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

Webster's Bible Translation
Rev 15:1 - And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

Geneva Study Bible
Rev 15:1 - And {1} I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven {2} angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

The KJV Bible states - for in them is filled up the wrath of God. I believe this is a better translation
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Old 08-05-2009, 09:29 AM

148 posts, read 244,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
God's wrath in general. Eventually God's wrath will end once sin has been destroyed. Rev 15:1 says God's wrath is completely expressed. That means there is no "other" wrath of God's to continue on in eternity.

Not sure what your point here was.
Now you know how I feel.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljia View Post
Now you know how I feel.
Well, my point was that Rev 15:1 is another nail in the coffin for the doctrine of "eternal hell". But I still don't know what your point was.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,034,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Gods wrath is eternal for the wicked and their punishment..

matt 25: 46

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
That verse uses the same word for both "everlasting" and "eternal", so how do you square that the the punishment never had a beginning since Eternal means to not have a beginning?

Paul

Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Well, my point was that Rev 15:1 is another nail in the coffin for the doctrine of "eternal hell". But I still don't know what your point was.
You use scripture in a very self destructing manner. All doctrines have verses that contradict them. You found one.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presby View Post
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]King James Version
Rev 15:1 - And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
Webster's Bible Translation
Rev 15:1 - And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
Geneva Study Bible
Rev 15:1 - And {1} I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven {2} angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
The KJV Bible states - for in them is filled up the wrath of God. I believe this is a better translation
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

It means the same thing. God's wrath is done. It was "filled up" in those who received it. They got the fill of God's wrath, and now it is ended.

ESV:
Rev 15:1 Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and amazing, seven angels with seven plagues, which are the last, for with them the wrath of God is finished.

CEV:
Rev 15:1 After this, I looked at the sky and saw something else that was strange and important. Seven angels were bringing the last seven terrible troubles. When these are ended, God will no longer be angry.

Young's Literal:
Rev 15:1 And I saw another sign in the heaven, great and wonderful, seven messengers having the seven last plagues, because in these was completed the wrath of God

God's wrath is finished. He is no longer angry. It is completed. Its filled up.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljia View Post
You use scripture in a very self destructing manner. All doctrines have verses that contradict them. You found one.
Hi Solijia,

I'm glad you are actually explaining your view a bit instead of posting videos.

Anyway, why is it "self-destructing"? The only thing I am destroying around here is the doctrine of "eternal torment", which is not taught in the scriptures.

And no, all doctrines do not have verses that contradict them. If there are verses that contradict your doctrine, then you have a false doctrine, and you should not be following it.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:46 AM

Do some here think God will be angry forever?

Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Hi Solijia,

I'm glad you are actually explaining your view a bit instead of posting videos.

Anyway, why is it "self-destructing"? The only thing I am destroying around here is the doctrine of "eternal torment", which is not taught in the scriptures.

And no, all doctrines do not have verses that contradict them. If there are verses that contradict your doctrine, then you have a false doctrine, and you should not be following it.
All doctrines have verses that contradict it which is proof that this is from God because if man wrote the bible then we would have fixed and taken out all the contradictions.

Your formula shows the finger prints of man and you undue the supernatural revelation of His word.

Last edited by Soljia; 08-05-2009 at 10:00 AM..

Old 08-05-2009, 09:53 AM

14,886 posts, read 17,170,876 times
Soljia why do you believe in never ending torment/suffering? God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity