Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 09:35 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,405,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If it wasn't God, then who destroyed Sodom?
Ezk 16:55 Sodom will be restored to its former estate.

And sooner or later everyone else will be saved too.

The process of salvation will be completed for the firstfruits of election, (the remnant chosen by grace out of each generation), after the first resurrection. The process of salvation will be completed for the non-elect after the great white throne judgment. For some, it will include an experience in the lake of fire.
God's Plan Of The Ages; The Purpose Of God In This Age; Redemption In Two Parts; As In Adam - So In Christ; Every Man In His Own Order; All Things In Subjection; God All In All

A great introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World
and
ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST - Charles Slagle
absolute assurance in jesus christ

Old 10-31-2010, 09:41 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
No, that's not right.

THE DOCTRINE OF ETERNAL TORMENT IS THE GREATEST OF ALL EVILS.

The doctrine of eternal torment is an infinitely greater evil than rejecting Jesus Christ because of how it blasphemes the character of God.

Rejecting Jesus Christ is a temporary condition and will be remedied when God lays hold on each one of us by His sovereign grace and causes Jesus to be "choice" in our heart. Until that happens, everyone will continue to be in the hopeless and helpless depraved condition of Romans 3:10-18.

CHOOSING WHAT IS CHOICE
biblical studies: His Achievement Are We - Part 9 - Choosing What Is Choice

But the idea, were it true, that God would let anyone choose themselves into an inescapable state of everlasting suffering forever, is as evil as evil ever gets.

WILL JESUS TORTURE BILLIONS FOREVER?
The Law of Circularity: Will Jesus Torture Billions Forever? How Men Are Saved

It is absurd to say that it would not be Jesus who would be torturing sinners because Jesus is the Creator and the Sustainer of all life. (Colossians 1:16&17).

Of course those who believe as you do, are those who simply ignore God's own words. Jesus told us that the gate that leads to destruction is wide, and many there be that enter that gate. Jesus also tells us, the gate that leads to life is narrow and few there be that find it. No matter what you want to believe, you are not going to be able to put words in Christ mouth, and change what He has already stated. What is absurd is how you ignore the written Word. I would suggest that you write your own Bible. Because no matter how you spin your false beliefs, your not going to change the truth of God's own Words.

The Scriptures teach us that "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," (SAYS THE LORD). God created Hell for the devil and his angels. All who reject Christ will be found with the devil and his angels in Hell. That is a basic Biblical truth. Those who suggest that the rejection of Christ is just a temporary condition are talking nonsense. And this nonsense requires that you either reject or ignore numerous Biblical passages. This is a filtered belief that is pushed by those who reject God's Word.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:45 AM

Default God all in all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Rodgertutt,

Mind you...I don't ascribe to the ET doctrine in the norm, yet I see some discrepancies in your posts, among others.
The scriptures say that many will be saved when Christ comes again for the second time...as we see in Hebrews 9:28.

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Each place in the scriptures that which testifies that Christ's second coming takes place, there is only a select that are saved. After the "millennium" the scriptures also testify that only a select are saved from being twice dead or said such as the second death. This contradicts your premise. What say you?
I don't see how that scripture prevents God from eventually saving all sciotamicks. I see the "many" here as everyone who needs saving.

I’m glad you don’t believe the Bible teaches eternal torment because I truly believe that doctrine is the world’s greatest evil.

But I cannot see any essential difference between Full Preterists/Covenant Creationists. and Annihilationists.

In both beliefs unbelieving humans cease to exist.

I think God's plan for the ages of time as described by A.E. Knoch, in his introduction to his book ALL IN ALL, is grander and far more glorious than FPCC!

A.E. Knoch wrote:

"The blood of Christ is the basis of all blessing.

The purpose of God determines human destiny.
It does not depend on our deserts.

The plan or process of God during the eons or ages must be distinguished from His purpose which will not be fully accomplished until the eons are past.

Herein lies the difference between the teaching of the Scriptures and the accepted creeds of Christendom.
The believer suffers in the current era because of sin, but will be released in the resurrection at the presence of Christ.
The unbeliever will have affliction and anguish for his sins in the judgment,
but he also becomes reconciled to God at the consummation, through the blood of Christ’s cross. (Col.1-20).

Universal reconciliation is the glorious goal toward which all leads.
All of God’s purpose is achieved through Him Who is the Alpha and the Omega (Rev.1:8).
“In Him the entire complement delights to dwell, and through Him [God delights] to reconcile all to Him (making peace through the blood of His cross), through him, whether those on the earth or those in the heavens” (Col.1:19,20).

The terms translated “forever” and “everlasting” and “never” are human perversions which could never have deceived us if they had been consistently rendered.

They denote definite divisions of time called ages or eons.
All together they form a distinct portion of time called eonian times.

Much in our common creeds is true if confined within the eons, but it is most malignant error when forced beyond the eons.

Since judgment is not eternal, but eonian, we may accept all the solemn threats of death and condemnation without reservation, while happily exulting in God’s grand goal to which all His labors lead: that God may be All in All (1Cor.15:28).

Old 10-31-2010, 09:48 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Ezk 16:55 Sodom will be restored to its former estate.

Read on. It will be restored to its former evilness and they will be punished. Ezekiel is talking about Jews who were even worse than the people of Sodom, and they will be punished together. Yes, God burned the people of Sodom, and will resurrect them only to burn them again. Everyone will be resurrected to face judgment.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course those who believe as you do, are those who simply ignore God's own words. Jesus told us that the gate that leads to destruction is wide, and many there be that enter that gate. Jesus also tells us, the gate that leads to life is narrow and few there be that find it. No matter what you want to believe, you are not going to be able to put words in Christ mouth, and change what He has already stated. What is absurd is how you ignore the written Word. I would suggest that you write your own Bible. Because no matter how you spin your false beliefs, your not going to change the truth of God's own Words.

The Scriptures teach us that "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," (SAYS THE LORD). God created Hell for the devil and his angels. All who reject Christ will be found with the devil and his angels in Hell. That is a basic Biblical truth.
If you are interested in reading the UR point of view expounded, why not click on
BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED – John Wesley Hanson
Bible Threatenings Explained
then scroll down and click on THE STRAIT GATE

Old 10-31-2010, 09:49 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Of course those who believe as you do, are those who simply ignore God's own words. Jesus told us that the gate that leads to destruction is wide, and many there be that enter that gate. Jesus also tells us, the gate that leads to life is narrow and few there be that find it. No matter what you want to believe, you are not going to be able to put words in Christ mouth, and change what He has already stated. What is absurd is how you ignore the written Word.
Indeed. Wanton disregard for the scriptures is a telltale sign of a false teaching.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:52 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:

The Scriptures teach us that "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," (SAYS THE LORD). God created Hell for the devil and his angels. All who reject Christ will be found with the devil and his angels in Hell. That is a basic Biblical truth.
Jesus said there are few "finding" it - present tense (regarding the gate). He did NOT say there would be few that EVER find it as some like to promote that verse. I don't know if your pushing that verse to support that ALL shall not be saved but if you were then that would be incorrect. You would be misunderstanding that verse.

But let me ask you Cambell, if God is going to eternally torment sinners then that means sinners will exist for the rest of eternity. That would mean that God never ERADICATES sin. So tell me if Sin was a real person, wouldn't sin be in favor of having its own dominion to enslave the wicked in its snare for the rest of eternity? That is a Victory for Sin. Eternal Torment is a Victory for SIN. It (Eternal Torment) is a doctrine that essentially preaches that God has prepared a place (Hell) in which SIN shall keep its subjects forever in hatred against God, where SIN is the KING over its subjects.

SIN DOESN'T CARE! So how would putting people through torment ever hurt SIN? SIN would delight in that for sure.

This is the fallacy of Eternal Torment. It just preaches that God consolidates the wicked and moves them to another location.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:54 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
I don't see how that scripture prevents God from eventually saving all sciotamicks. I see the "many" here as everyone who needs saving.

I’m glad you don’t believe the Bible teaches eternal torment because I truly believe that doctrine is the world’s greatest evil.

But I cannot see any essential difference between Full Preterists/Covenant Creationists. and Annihilationists.

In both beliefs unbelieving humans cease to exist.

I think God's plan for the ages of time as described by A.E. Knoch, in his introduction to his book ALL IN ALL, is grander and far more glorious than FPCC!

A.E. Knoch wrote:

"The blood of Christ is the basis of all blessing.

The purpose of God determines human destiny.
It does not depend on our deserts.

The plan or process of God during the eons or ages must be distinguished from His purpose which will not be fully accomplished until the eons are past.

Herein lies the difference between the teaching of the Scriptures and the accepted creeds of Christendom.
The believer suffers in the current era because of sin, but will be released in the resurrection at the presence of Christ.
The unbeliever will have affliction and anguish for his sins in the judgment,
but he also becomes reconciled to God at the consummation, through the blood of Christ’s cross. (Col.1-20).

Universal reconciliation is the glorious goal toward which all leads.
All of God’s purpose is achieved through Him Who is the Alpha and the Omega (Rev.1:8).
“In Him the entire complement delights to dwell, and through Him [God delights] to reconcile all to Him (making peace through the blood of His cross), through him, whether those on the earth or those in the heavens” (Col.1:19,20).

The terms translated “forever” and “everlasting” and “never” are human perversions which could never have deceived us if they had been consistently rendered.

They denote definite divisions of time called ages or eons.
All together they form a distinct portion of time called eonian times.

Much in our common creeds is true if confined within the eons, but it is most malignant error when forced beyond the eons.

Since judgment is not eternal, but eonian, we may accept all the solemn threats of death and condemnation without reservation, while happily exulting in God’s grand goal to which all His labors lead: that God may be All in All (1Cor.15:28).

Since Judgment is not eternal? That belief is not supported, or found in the Scriptures.

Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Old 10-31-2010, 09:54 AM

Default Everyone will be saved out of the lake of fire

Quote:
Of course those who believe as you do, are those who simply ignore God's own words.
EVERYONE WILL BE SAVED OUT OF THE LAKE OF FIRE
Read my post on page 30, post #298

Old 10-31-2010, 09:58 AM

Default The all-important key issue

Quote:
Since Judgment is not eternal? That belief is not supported, or found in the Scriptures.

Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
THE ALL-IMPORTANT KEY ISSUE

The true meaning of “FOREVER AND EVER” Revelation 14:11
Greek: tormented "for the ages of the ages" a limited period of time referring to the last two ages before God consummates His plan for the ages of time to become All in all 1Cor. 15:28. How do we know that? See further on in this message.

All of these combinations are used in the Bible: aion (singular), aions (plural), aion of the aion (singular/singular), aion of the aions (singular/plural), aions of the aions (plural/plural), and aionian (the adjective).
ALL of them refer to a limited period of time.

THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

For aionios, or any combination thereof, to mean "eternal" its noun form MUST mean eternal. It doesn’t. It is impossible for the adjective aionios to mean eternal. Aionios is an adjective. Just as the function of "American" (adj.) is to inform us of that which pertains to America (it is never greater than "America") thus also the function of "aionios" (adj) is to inform us of that which pertains to the eon(s). It is never greater than the eons. No aion is eternal. Therefore it is impossible for that which pertains to the eons to be eternal.
Comparative Concordance of how the Greek words aion and aionios are translated in various Bible translations

Therefore there is no good argument against God saving all.
See
AIÓN – AIÓNIOS
AIÓN -- AIÓNIOS
and
Chapter Eleven
and
Matthew 25:46 - “Aionian” or “Eternal”
Matthew 25:46 - “Aionian” or “Eternal”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity