Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 04:47 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,001,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotep View Post
do you believe in the Bible and are you a follower of it?
I believe in g*d to the fullest extent that I am able through my frail human understanding. That's as "best" as it could be.

Man, Hotep, slow down a bit before you hurt yourself.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:03 PM

208 posts, read 350,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
I believe in g*d to the fullest extent that I am able through my frail human understanding. That's as "best" as it could be.

Man, Hotep, slow down a bit before you hurt yourself.

I got the right fuel in my tank, so iam ok.

you said: I see Jesus as a multi-racial individual. I see Jesus having physical qualities and attributes that enable him to be envisioned differently based on the believer.

As to g*d, you presupppose a gender of male. I often refer to the g*d of my understanding as a female. When I do this I seek an inquiry, but my understanding truly ascribes no gender to g*d. I do not see form, I do not see images, I see power and infinite capacity for understanding

where did you get the understanding from the Bible
that Jesus was a multi-racial human?

in from the scriptures where did you get the understanding of God being a female?

Old 09-03-2009, 07:45 PM

18 posts, read 58,064 times
well since i am black,it comes naturally to me.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:53 PM

18 posts, read 58,064 times
Hey Hotep ! Would you be able to worship a god that is a different color than you?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchermore View Post
well since i am black,it comes naturally to me.

i hear that.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:39 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,467,552 times
Quote:
but God said do not pray to images, the picture of Jesus you have in your head, is an Image.

how do you solved this problem?

First, forgive me I should be in bed so if this doesn't seem cohesive it's because I am exhausted.

Second, God said not to pray to images or was it idols? Not a bible scholar, so I'll take your word that we are not to pray to images . . . .

God created me and loves me . . . he created my brain, and he knows my method of operation . . . . now I don't know if Jesus was black or white, looked middle easternish, olived complexion . . . but from descriptions of the women's hair at that time, his geographical location . . . and remember when the woman wiped his face with the cloth at he was carrying the cross??? I forget at the moment what it is called . . . but it was on display in New York City . . . . and that image coincides with my image . . . . I believe it is authentic . . . just my opinion.

Nevertheless, irregardless of what my brain views him to look like, it's all about my relationship with him . . . if he looked like Eddie Murphy, Phyllis Diller, or Brad Pitt . . . . . . in my mind . . . . . . I believe God will understand if my picture is different than the way he looked while on earth.

What he looked like on earth, is not what he looks like in his glorious body now . . . . I don't think it's too important.

Maybe I am missing something . . . but tell me why it is on your heart and mind regarding having the proper image in our head? Share your thoughts because I am not following why it matters? God Bless You, Lifesigns

Old 09-03-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
First, forgive me I should be in bed so if this doesn't seem cohesive it's because I am exhausted.

Second, God said not to pray to images or was it idols? Not a bible scholar, so I'll take your word that we are not to pray to images . . . .

God created me and loves me . . . he created my brain, and he knows my method of operation . . . . now I don't know if Jesus was black or white, looked middle easternish, olived complexion . . . but from descriptions of the women's hair at that time, his geographical location . . . and remember when the woman wiped his face with the cloth at he was carrying the cross??? I forget at the moment what it is called . . . but it was on display in New York City . . . . and that image coincides with my image . . . . I believe it is authentic . . . just my opinion.

Nevertheless, irregardless of what my brain views him to look like, it's all about my relationship with him . . . if he looked like Eddie Murphy, Phyllis Diller, or Brad Pitt . . . . . . in my mind . . . . . . I believe God will understand if my picture is different than the way he looked while on earth.

What he looked like on earth, is not what he looks like in his glorious body now . . . . I don't think it's too important.

Maybe I am missing something . . . but tell me why it is on your heart and mind regarding having the proper image in our head? Share your thoughts because I am not following why it matters? God Bless You, Lifesigns

most white people could not pray to a black jesus.

they would rather say, You should not pray to Jesus,(being black)
and that you should pray to only pray to the Father.

You should also know what he really looked like ,so you will
know what he would look like when he returns.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:48 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,636,404 times
What's the point of this thread. Just to stir things up?

There are only three races: Mongoloid, Negroid, and Caucasiod. Jesus was not asian and really couldn't be confused with a black man. His humanity was that of an ethnic Jew with olive skin. So He could only be categorized as caucasiod. Does that help everybody.

And who cares anyway. Aren't we passed this crap by now.

With threads like this, who needs enemies.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:40 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,775,212 times
Quote:
yes he did say that he brought them out of ethiopia, not egypt
two different places.
No, it doesn't say He brought them out of Ethiopa. Pick up a Bible and read that part of Amos in context, realize what God was saying, and drop this line of reasoning....it is only serving to make you look very uninformed.

Just wanted to make sure you saw this reply (below), and then I want to say this....it is apparent that you are black, Hotep, and it is also apparent that you are searching for some meaning, something to be proud of, in your ancestry. It is good to be proud of your heritage, but what really only matters is what kind of person you, personally, are today. If you yourself have good character, that is what matters. God values you and loves you and sent Jesus to die for you, and that is the main thing any of us should base our self-worth on. I understand the black mentality that slavery and prejudice demeaned the black race, and I understand taking pride in black heritage, but trying to claim a history that doesn't belong to you will not contribute to your self-worth. Base your self-worth in the fact that God places a very high value on you as a human being, and then go from there.

Originally Posted by Hotep
15His feet glowed like burnished (bright) bronze as it is refined in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters.(A) Revelation 1:15

Heres king james 15] And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; Exactly....as if they were refined in a furnace....notice it says like fine brass....shiny and glowing. This is referring to what He looks like now anyway, in His glorified state, not what He looked like when He walked the earth in human form.

ur was all apart of africa before it was broke into parts, there was no middle east. That is of no consequence....the fact remains that people who originated in Ur (such as ABRAHAM) looked like pure Israelites do today....not like black Africans.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:16 PM

380 posts, read 692,741 times
Newsflash: God doesn't have a color. It's an abomination to even suggest He does. Not everything can be transformed into a race issue. Get it together people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity