Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:16 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,259,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebat View Post
They lived and died never having heard of God, much less Jesus, yet Jesus visited them in prison (hell) as understood.

If the Israelite died never hearing of god, then who in the world did Moses worship and everyone else? Who performed those miracles?

And if Jesus was god himself then how did he resurrect himself after his crucifixion? It doesn't make any sense! Religion is full of
mis-interpretations and lies. Shouldn't this be in another forum??????????
The Israelites did hear of God from, starting with Abraham, Issac an Jacob of whom the name Israel was derived.

As for Jesus' resurrection, God was in Jesus bodily, meaning the power of the God head was in Jesus to perform the righteousness of God in our behalf.

Judging from your question and why it doesn't make any sense is because you have insufficient information to gain proper understanding.

It requires first faith in God and the hearing of the word: Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Understanding is than granted according to your faith and knowledge of God.

Its good to question God's word, for only then can there be roo to gain understanding.

Blessings, AJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:51 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,583,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
If a person is given the ability to be like god, in His image and yet not be able to save its own soul, how would then God expect to condemn to eternal banishment?

He doesn't!

He never intended for us to have the power to save ourselves, but for us to try anyway.

Trying in the struggle is where good is born.

And good is the goal intended.

We are then free to try without eternal banishment.

Comments?

Blessings, AJ
I can appreciate this question but your facts are a little misguided even though we were made in His image meaning we are creative, we can reason and think, we enjoy companionship etc....doesn't mean we are gods ourselves. God gave us the 10 commandments and a conscience, a warning device so to speak indicating to us that we are doing the wrong thing thus displeasing to God. The 10 commandments is not to be used to strive to save ourselves, in fact it is the direct opposite it shows how futile and impossible it would be for us to try and that ONLY God can save us.
We don't "try" because we are trying to enter the kingdom we "try" because we are born again, we are a new creation and we want to do it because it is pleasing to the Father and good for us spiritually. Without God we can do NO good.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,955,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
If a person is given the ability to be like god, in His image and yet not be able to save its own soul, how would then God expect to condemn to eternal banishment?

He doesn't!

He never intended for us to have the power to save ourselves, but for us to try anyway.

Trying in the struggle is where good is born.

And good is the goal intended.

We are then free to try without eternal banishment.

Comments?

Blessings, AJ
A person can only be transformed into the image of God through Jesus' shed blood; this comes about as that person yields to Him in complete faith so that God can perform what His Word says.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

This is the problem with the Christian world; people have thrown in their theories by reasoning of their flesh -- and not the Spirit. They have dead faith, or else they would believe in faith that we can be made holy and to live free from sin; we can be delivered from all bondages, including diseases. They would believe in the casting out of devils, and they would speak with new tongues.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:41 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,545,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
A person can only be transformed into the image of God through Jesus' shed blood; this comes about as that person yields to Him in complete faith so that God can perform what His Word says.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

This is the problem with the Christian world; people have thrown in their theories by reasoning of their flesh -- and not the Spirit. They have dead faith, or else they would believe in faith that we can be made holy and to live free from sin; we can be delivered from all bondages, including diseases. They would believe in the casting out of devils, and they would speak with new tongues.
The phrase that gets me is "believe in faith."

How does one believe in faith?
How is it that if I don't believe in the blood of Christ that the blood does not exist.
I have a lot of power if I can make the blood disappear even if only for myself. Believers make the blood's power work and non-believer's make the power of the blood useless?

It is not the belief in redemption that makes it true.. it is the redemption that is true. Believing only makes the actions of the redemption easier to recognize.....

Old 09-10-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I can appreciate this question but your facts are a little misguided even though we were made in His image meaning we are creative, we can reason and think, we enjoy companionship etc....doesn't mean we are gods ourselves. God gave us the 10 commandments and a conscience, a warning device so to speak indicating to us that we are doing the wrong thing thus displeasing to God. The 10 commandments is not to be used to strive to save ourselves, in fact it is the direct opposite it shows how futile and impossible it would be for us to try and that ONLY God can save us.
We don't "try" because we are trying to enter the kingdom we "try" because we are born again, we are a new creation and we want to do it because it is pleasing to the Father and good for us spiritually. Without God we can do NO good.
Jesus said it Him self, "Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Adam was as like a new born baby, alive and without knowledge.

But as he grew along with Eve, they begin to gain knowledge of good and evil. Good by their conscience and evil by the flesh.

Having the ability to know good and evil, made Adam and Eve like gods.

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become "as one of" us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Your right, we don't need to try for righteousness for God provided it for us in Jesus.

But we do need to strive (Try) towards Godly living as that is the desire of the new born.

Blessings, AJ

Old 09-10-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

This is the problem with the Christian world; people have thrown in their theories by reasoning of their flesh -- and not the Spirit. They have dead faith, or else they would believe in faith that we can be made holy and to live free from sin; we can be delivered from all bondage's, including diseases. They would believe in the casting out of devils, and they would speak with new tongues.
I agree with you on the new birth, rebirth or the born again experience, for then is the time we are born of God.

But we are still a god unto ourselves because we make decisions based on what we desire.

Deliverance's be unto your faith.

Blessings, AJ

Old 09-10-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The phrase that gets me is "believe in faith."

How does one believe in faith?
How is it that if I don't believe in the blood of Christ that the blood does not exist.
I have a lot of power if I can make the blood disappear even if only for myself. Believers make the blood's power work and non-believer's make the power of the blood useless?

It is not the belief in redemption that makes it true.. it is the redemption that is true. Believing only makes the actions of the redemption easier to recognize.....

How can we have faith in something we don't believe in?

I believe that in a cold morning my car will start when I turn the ignition.
As a matter of fact, I had faith it would.

But when the car didn't start, it was not because of my lack of faith, but that the car itself had a problem.

Faith in God is believing that He will not fail and in so doing we live our lives to that respect.

The blood of Jesus must have been shed, as the life of the body is the blood, and the end of the old ends with the blood.

The new life begins as a quickening spirit, a rebirth of the dead spirit in us by the shedding of blood of Christ.

Our blood, meaning this fleshly body still dies, but our rebirth spirit, lives on.

Blessings, AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity