Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:10 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,135,085 times

Advertisements

Just watched the video.

There is a number given of only 10-15% of evangelicals being saved... presumably the rest are going to hell...

Is this what most people believe? Is that a victory for Christ?

I agree about the TV, I am guilty of it myself. But I think there are bigger problems to worry about, TV is only a symptom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 07:13 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,573,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Just watched the video.

There is a number given of only 10-15% of evangelicals being saved... presumably the rest are going to hell...

Is this what most people believe? Is that a victory for Christ?

I agree about the TV, I am guilty of it myself. But I think there are bigger problems to worry about, TV is only a symptom.
Victory? what victory do you speak of? and how does it pertain to winning souls or human beings? God gets the victory no matter what, even if the entire human race went to hell God still gets the glory and the victory because of what He did at Calvary.

Furthermore he didn't say TV in of itself was wrong, it is the filth that we watch on TV is wrong and hampers our walk with God-seeing people in bed, violence etc........

Old 09-09-2009, 07:33 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,135,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Victory? what victory do you speak of? and how does it pertain to winning souls or human beings? God gets the victory no matter what, even if the entire human race went to hell God still gets the glory and the victory because of what He did at Calvary.
The Victory over death and sin.

So if God let all humanity be doomed to hell, that would be a victory for Christ?

Ok sure.

But if Christ actually saves EVERYONE, then Christ died in vain.

!?!?!

LOL the logic is astonishing... and a little backwards.

Quote:
Furthermore he didn't say TV in of itself was wrong, it is the filth that we watch on TV is wrong and hampers our walk with God-seeing people in bed, violence etc........
Yes I understand that. That is what I meant.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The Victory over death and sin.

So if God let all humanity be doomed to hell, that would be a victory for Christ?

Ok sure.

But if Christ actually saves EVERYONE, then Christ died in vain.

!?!?!

LOL the logic is astonishing... and a little backwards.

Yes I understand that. That is what I meant.
Christ died for His Father's enemies (us) He did it even though we deserved to be punished. That is the victory. He gave God the glory when He did this.

Us being saved is a BI PRODUCT of what He did on the cross for He and His Father. People being saved or not does not diminish His sacrifice not one bit. Christ sacrificed Himself first and foremost to please the Father and give Him the glory, everything else falls into place.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 09-09-2009 at 08:22 AM..

Old 09-09-2009, 10:16 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,938,887 times
Quote:
Christ died for His Father's enemies (us) He did it even though we deserved to be punished. That is the victory. He gave God the glory when He did this.

Us being saved is a BI PRODUCT of what He did on the cross for He and His Father. People being saved or not does not diminish His sacrifice not one bit. Christ sacrificed Himself first and foremost to please the Father and give Him the glory, everything else falls into place.
Uh Oh! I see another dogmatic controversy brewing here as big or potentially BIGGER than the one over ET vs UR! Everybody fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy ride!

Old 09-09-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Uh Oh! I see another dogmatic controversy brewing here as big or potentially BIGGER than the one over ET vs UR! Everybody fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy ride!
What isn't these days?

Old 09-09-2009, 10:23 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,938,887 times
Quote:
What isn't these days?
True.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Quote:
What isn't these days?
Trouble is in our pride we always think we are the ones right and we always have bible verses to prove it.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Trouble is in our pride we always think we are the ones right and we always have bible verses to prove it.
As long as we are following scripture, with a right heart, recognizing that we are carnal by nature then being dogmatic is not bad but then I am being dogmatic again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity