Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 01:29 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,546,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I don't know...it might be hearsay......
try reading John 10 .....
Jesus calls himself "I am the good shepherd."

You know who also said he was going to "shepherd his people" ......the Sovereign LORD (Jehovah)

Psalm 23:1
[ A psalm of David. ] The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

Psalm 28:9
Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever

Psalm 80:1
[ For the director of music. To the tune of "The Lilies of the Covenant." Of Asaph. A psalm. ] Hear us, O Shepherd of Israel, you who lead Joseph like a flock; you who sit enthroned between the cherubim, shine forth

Isaiah 40:11
He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.

Ezekiel 34:15-17
15 I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign LORD.
16 I will search for the lost and bring back the strays.
I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy.
I will shepherd the flock with justice.

17 " 'As for you, my flock, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will judge between one sheep and another, and between rams and goats.

What is Jesus going to do on Judement Day......seperate the sheep from the goats.

The Jews hymnal was the psalms. They knew very well what Jesus was proclaiming when he called himself "the Good Shepherd".......
**The entire book found in the dead sea scrolls....predates 2000 yrs from the oldest manuscript known...virtually identical to todays KJV**

but hey, what did the Jews know, they only had the Books of Moses, the Psalms and the prophets...... it's hearsay
I understand the concept of the Good Shepherd. But if it's talking about sheep who the shepherd leads... how can you be a "John 10 people?" Just implying you are the sheep?

The OP states "Well this is truly manna feed from heaven for the John 10 people."
then: "That mean I'm talking to or trying to attract John 10 people only-----2 Cor. 6:14-17."

2 cor. passage is about marriage and relationships, isn't it? so what does that have to do with sheep and the shepherd in John 10?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 01:59 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Excuse my ignorance but what is a John 10 person?
I think he maybe related to Matthew 4 , Luke 8 and Mark 5 , i could be wrong .

Old 09-20-2009, 02:06 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
I guess I don't get it. Why would the Holy Spirit (who is the Word of God) be grieved? The bible is a book and does not contain a spirit. God's spirit does not need a book to do it's/his work.
I'm not sure why you want me to look at the word ruach... I get that it is spirit... The bible does not have a spirit. It is a book. You can always buy another one.
chrematheism: (obsolete) the worship of inanimate objects as usefully divine.Guess they don't use that word anymore~

But I love the jokes on the website you listed...Jewish Humor Page, p2 (http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Humor/Jokes_Set_2/jokes_set_2.html - broken link)

I love the one entitled - A Sign from G-d
priceless!!!
Kat there is nothing to get , it's a bunch of christians who think adhering to church doctrine are superior to those who don't.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:10 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,546,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Kat there is nothing to get , it's a bunch of christians who think adhering to church doctrine are superior to those who don't.
Thank you for those words of wisdom. It all makes sense to me now.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:46 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,222,800 times
Quote:
It's ok... maybe she is having a bad day.
Kat...she is probably one of those "inerrant word of God" believers. Like the translations we are reading today have no error in them. There are people who believe this and stand by it fanatically...no matter how many translation errors you show them.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:42 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,670,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
You seem like the best person fitting in here.
How important is unity with John 10 people to you?
Is the Holy Spirit addressing this matter to you in 1 Thess. 5:12 and 2 Cor. 6:14-17?
Are you content with individual perfection in Christ or are you hungry for genuine unity with John 10 people actually bumping into each other like never before?
Is Matthew 5:6 addressing anything on this to you ?

The world don't know the difference between a saint and unbeliever cause they give up smoking and lend you five dollars too. They'll give you the shirt off their back if they like you also. They apologize and don't cuss also. They live without swearing and cheering on a fist fight or cuss word fight. The stay married faithful for 20 years and bring their paycheck home. They have the admiration of the world with trophies and biography books too. They also raise up wonderful children and grandchildren and their some of the best cooks also. Unbelievers get job promotions and pay raises as well and have miracle healings of the body too. Their faith can see 5 or 10 years down the road and start a successful company to own and pass on to their family also. They keep the pounds off and stay on treadmill machines too. They read the bible, fast and pay tithes all the time also. They preach, speak in tongues and play on the piano all the time too. They pass out 1,000 tracts and come to a meeting all the time.
Just tell them Jesus Christ is a personal experience and not an EVERY WORD applied bible life and their Christian evidence is there. Is that right?

Matthew 4:4 exposes the whole bible when you can't know the difference between a Christian and a good Tom and good Linda only today.

Nobody can mess with Matthew 4:4 without messing with John 3:5 and
Hebrews 4 if they really a John 10 person or Christian. Same true with other despised verses like 1 Peter 3:3 and Romans 7:2-3 and Romans 12:17 and 1 Timothy 6 also, etc.

Well the energy is not about bad mouthing the unbelievers. It's really about uniting with John 10 people when it's not so obvious. Otherwise we wasting time fooling with John 17 and Amos 3:3 as well as 2 Cor. 6:14-17
and Psalms 133:1 today.

Must be some folks like us hungry to see this with Matthew 5:6 coming to mind when we fool with 1 Peter 3:3 and John 3:5, etc.

I know we're going to be labeled religion pushy on folks and just plain judgmental for defending the despised areas of the bible by so called John 10 people or Christians.

Leave it up to them it's a cuss word to call a lier a lier---John 8:44. When Jesus and John did so first.

Unity only phony for a Christian unless they can get with folks messing with Hebrews 4 and John 3:5 for what it say only. That's just the spirit of a John 10 person and not a John 8:44 person confused too long.

How much agreeable are we with the book right?

Nobody can't deny the atonement of Jesus doing the greatest miracle ever where he comes out the grave guarded over and come back in 3 days like he said while ascending back into heaven too at the same time. They can discredit him but can't ignorantly deny him as Lord even though they really deny him anyway. No saint can and no child of the devil can. That mean the proof of a saint go way behind the belief in the atonement of Jesus.
Dear brother Tony,
Thank you for this study...you truly do know the Lord, and you speak with much wisdom...God Bless you always. You have blessed my heart.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always,
Verna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity