Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 10:31 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,719,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You are? Well, just take it to the Lord, he will help you.
No....let me rephrase that statement, so that other's will have the proper meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic
My, Phazelwood you sure are in a hostile mood today, isn't one!
Isn't it just like Ur's... the twist and shout thingy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 10:38 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,963,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
No....
ok, don't take it to Jesus.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:41 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,594,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Funny!! I come on here to defend Yahveh, Father God and you say I'm funny.
What you defend and or say would be funny if it weren't so sad. Very sad that you cannot see how you defame God in/on a publice forum and feel no shame.
LOL....................Your funny because all you do is throw straw-mans.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
OH Good Lord!

YOU said I say "God is Cruel".

I say "YOUR God is Cruel."

My God is loving and will always come for the lost, that was the plan.

YOU say you read the bible and the cruelty is not real cruelty according to God (who you are not BTW) so it is your mind that takes the cruel-ness of God and equates it to Justice.

My position is that Justice is never cruel and never exceeds the wrong doing it intends to make right. Burning in hell forever is not Justice for a lifetime of wrong doing and has absolutely no corrective purpose.

Synonyms:
1. bloodthirsty, ferocious, merciless, relentless. Cruel, pitiless, ruthless, brutal, savage imply readiness to cause pain to others. Cruel implies willingness to cause pain, and indifference to suffering: a cruel stepfather. Pitiless adds the idea of refusal to show compassion: pitiless to captives. Ruthless implies cruelty and unscrupulousness, letting nothing stand in one's way: ruthless greed. Brutal implies cruelty that takes the form of physical violence: a brutal master. Savage suggests fierceness and brutality: savage battles.

Antonyms:
1. kind. 2. sympathetic, compassionate. (Websters)

So which is it to condemn a finite being to infinite torture/burning.... is it cruel, merciless, ruthless, or is it kind, sympathetic, compassionate?
U-huh......................using dictionary. Nice. fallen human reasoning

Old 09-29-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
But it doesn't say that in the BIBLE that I checked. It says Thou art God "from AGE to AGE".

I'm not interpreting either, just reading what the bible says.
Yes Legoman I know, just like anonion

Old 09-29-2009, 10:46 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,150,527 times
Back on topic:

Verna, Latte, Mike555, Fundy, anyone else, why do you believe your bible is correct and a different version of the bible is incorrect?

The concordant literal is called a "literal" translation because they translate words matching closely with exact meanings from the greek/hebrew. Here is how they translated Matt 25:41 and Matt 25:46 for example:

Matt 25:41 "Then shall He be declaring to those also at His left, 'Go from Me, you cursed, into the fire eonian, made ready for the Adversary and his messengers.

Matt 25:46 And these shall be coming away into chastening eonian, yet the just into life eonian

This is a more literal translation: aionios is translated exactly as "eonian", which means "pertaining to eons". So why should I believe this is talking about a literal forever of "eternal" fire and "eternal" punishment, when this other perfectly good bible says its really "eonian" fire and "eonian" chastening? Furthermore why do you believe you will get "eternal" life when it only says you will receive "eonian" life?

Perhaps you are confusing immortality with "eternal" life. In fact they are different. "eternal" (eonian) life is simply knowing God (John 17:3). But all will be made immortal and thus live forever as 1 Cor 15 shows.

Why not look at other bibles and determine through study which meaning is correct? Why are you so stuck in your tradition that you willingly reject the plain truth? There is one side rejecting the plain truth and it is those who believe in Eternal Torment.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Back on topic:

Verna, Latte, Mike555, Fundy, anyone else, why do you believe your bible is correct and a different version of the bible is incorrect?
The answer is the same reason you do and no I am not confusing never ending with "eternal life". I started out with KJV then NKJV then NIV then ESV, then NASB. I ask you what more do I need to read?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:51 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,719,399 times
Quote:
No....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
ok, don't take it to Jesus.
My, my, Phazelwood, you sure are deceiving little one aren't you!! Doing your daddy's work for him.... Had a good teacher for it!

LOL....you really love doing that twist and shout thingy don't you...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood
You are? Well, just take it to the Lord, he will help you.
No....let me rephrase that statement, so that other's will have the proper meaning.

Quote:
Quote:
My, Phazelwood you sure are in a hostile mood today, isn't one!
Isn't it just like Ur's... the twist and shout thingy!!!
Thank you, you just proved how UR's twist things around to a different meaning....then what is the Truth and what other's really post!! LOL....good one, Phazelwood!

Old 09-29-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
My, my, Phazelwood, you sure are deceiving little one aren't you!! Doing your daddy's work for him.... Had a good teacher for it!

LOL....you really love doing that twist and shout thingy don't you...
Nope, just calling out the hypocrites and snakes hiding behind the big WWJD letters.

God has a lot of work for me to do. I twist and shout to God, yes.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Thank you, you just proved how UR's twist things around to a different meaning....then what is the Truth and what other's really post!! LOL....good one, Phazelwood!
Oh, there is plenty of truth evident about you in this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity