Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:32 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times

Advertisements

another thing I believe in-

Prayer does not change God's mind...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 09:40 AM

The other night I went out with my co-workers and had a few beers.

On the way home with my wife, I pulled up into my driveway and opened the car and stepped out into the cool night air.

As my wife walked into the house, I looked up at the stars for a moment, then had a joofy idea.

I sorta wanted to see a falling star, so i just thought of a falling star very hard.
and zooom, a falling star traced a path across the night sky in the very place I was looking for one to appear.

Lucky accident?

Answer to prayer ?

Due to my own will?

There is no way to answer that question and be 100% sure.
It's just one of the freaky things that happen and you spend the rest of your life thinking about and adding layers of meanings to that may or may not be there.....

Old 10-03-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Brings to mind the phrase, "God's perfect will", which suggests there are multiple paths which may be acceptable, but only one which qualifies as wholly pleasing to Him.
Or...

The multiple paths are the perfect will of God in action.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:21 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
another thing I believe in-

Prayer does not change God's mind...
Thank you. Prayer aligns us with His will.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Or...

The multiple paths are the perfect will of God in action.
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1131400729274&id=5bd9b79590880e79 1fabd1270d80df15&url=http%3a%2f%2fi.ehow.com%2fima ges%2fGlobalPhoto%2fArticles%2f4535463%2ffunnel_Fu ll.jpg (broken link)

I don't believe we can mold our path to salvation, but I do believe He can make the Muslim, etc. come to Him in a way that I can't fathom.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
The other night I went out with my co-workers and had a few beers.

On the way home with my wife, I pulled up into my driveway and opened the car and stepped out into the cool night air.

As my wife walked into the house, I looked up at the stars for a moment, then had a joofy idea.

I sorta wanted to see a falling star, so i just thought of a falling star very hard.
and zooom, a falling star traced a path across the night sky in the very place I was looking for one to appear.

Lucky accident?

Answer to prayer ?

Due to my own will?

There is no way to answer that question and be 100% sure.
It's just one of the freaky things that happen and you spend the rest of your life thinking about and adding layers of meanings to that may or may not be there.....
Consider it a gift - you were special for a moment.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:25 AM

End of the Age stuff...

Dont care.
I Dont have a view of how the world will end, nor do I care a hoot as to what order the events will appear in.

I dont know for a fact what the mark Of The beast is.
I dont know if the Pre, mid, or Post Tribulation view is correct, and have no interest in that study at all.

Such questions are moot compared to my daily life, so I simply dont care to get into them.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:31 AM

The Rapture...

Dont care.
I dont have a view on when and if there is a rapture, wherein all the church is taken and the lost are left on the earth to go on without us.

I do tend to believe that the rapture is a silly idea as a concept.
I tend to just laugh at guys who really push the rapture idea as if its a fact.

But for the most part, I simply just care so little about the whole topic that I have never tried to study it at all.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:35 AM

Women preachers...

I tend to support the idea that women can be allowed to preach and teach.

however in the churches where I have seen this idea put into play it seems to me to always end up badly.

I believe that the few women preachers I have seen leading churches have just been really tools to push some sort of more liberal agenda, and that they lacked a core of Bible understandings i require in a preacher/teacher.

There seems to have been a rush to get new women preachers in some Christian churches, and this lead to the lowering of standards in the effort to get women to leadership position quickly.

The idea of "reading" for your credentials was invented to help married women gain church positions.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:36 AM

Strong wine or grape juice?

The answer is = Strong wine...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity