Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:32 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,562,395 times

Advertisements

"LOOK! I made a duck, I made a car, I made a gnostic heresy". Twist scripture anyway you like, prosperity gospel, mormonism, liberal theolgy, universalism, mysticism and so much more......Iiiiiiiiiiit's scriptural origami.

<parts sold seperately, batteries not included>

I don't mind debating scripture in fact I love it but please if you are going to debate get your interpretation correct and stop smashing verses and taking them out of context to fit your argument just because it happens to have a similar word or phrase you are looking for That is "scriptural origami" Not surprised it is a female pastor

YouTube - Highway of Holiness?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-08-2009 at 01:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 01:47 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,068,214 times
just because I'm bored.. but figured I'd ask anyway since its fun..

Is there scripture that says you should to take scripture in context?

I figure there must be since you rely on contextually correct scripture.. so I figured you must have read it somewhere.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:12 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Well, Christians can be some of the dumbest, most idiotic people on the face of the earth. Believers in Christ, but without a thimbleful of doctrine in their marshmallow for brains. This kind of nonsense is a part of Satanic strategy to discredit God and make Christianity look foolish.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
"LOOK! I made a duck, I made a car, I made a gnostic heresy". Twist scripture anyway you like, prosperity gospel, mormonism, liberal theolgy, universalism, mysticism and so much more......Iiiiiiiiiiit's scriptural origami
You missed two of the pillars of the organized church out, Calvinism and Armenianism

Old 10-08-2009, 02:36 PM

63,790 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Well, Christians can be some of the dumbest, most idiotic people on the face of the earth. Believers in Christ, but without a thimbleful of doctrine in their marshmallow for brains. This kind of nonsense is a part of Satanic strategy to discredit God and make Christianity look foolish.
Holy Pots and Kettles, Batman . . . the Joker is back!!!

Old 10-08-2009, 04:17 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Sorry Christianity does not need any help in looking foolish, it does a very good job itself, and it's traditions and doctrine are an embarrassment to the good news and sound doctrine.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:33 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,223 times
Quote:
Nope...Christians make Christianity look pretty foolish all by themselves.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:08 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,654 times
Quote:
You are filled with hate and if you are not carful it will destroy you.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:07 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,068,214 times
Fundy.. No answer to this? Come on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
just because I'm bored.. but figured I'd ask anyway since its fun..

Is there scripture that says you should to take scripture in context?

I figure there must be since you rely on contextually correct scripture.. so I figured you must have read it somewhere.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:45 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,784,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You missed two of the pillars of the organized church out, Calvinism and Armenianism
You mean "Arminianism". After Josephus Arminius.

"Armenian" refers to people from the nation of "Armenia". (Armenia, incidentally, is the oldest Christian Nation in the world.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity