Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:23 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your criticisms of the Bible are well-taken, Ancient . . . but you go too far. The Bible is indeed the "work of men"(how could it be other) . . . but it is still Divinely inspired . . . just NOT dictated or inerrant or infallible. It is subject to every foible and fallibility of humanity . . . but those whose who listen for and hear the Holy Spirit in "love of God and each other" can easily spot those as you have done.

I couldn't agree more.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 PM

481 posts, read 865,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Bible is indeed the "work of men"(how could it be other) . . . but it is still Divinely inspired . . . just NOT dictated or inerrant or infallible. It is subject to every foible and fallibility of humanity . . . but those whom listen for and hear the Holy Spirit in "love of God and each other" can easily spot those as you have done.
^^^ True!

The Gospel of Truth is Divine Inspired and a Witness of Gods Truth by far, and whom ever listens not to themselves, but in the Spirit will always here the Divine Truth or Word of Truth that will be blessed (moved) upon them in God Will. We must learn to have balance between our own selves and in Spirit (personal relationship with God our Father). This is that point of peace within ourselves, and is reached by just "Being Still" as Christ Jesus so lovingly ministered to us.

Do not live in the Bible, but walk and live in the Spirit (a daily journey/adventure in repentance, reading the Gospel of Truth not in our own, loving....etc.), and the Spirit of Truth will grace you in an unbelievable stature. This is how we balance ourselves so we do not go nearly insane as Paul did per say. Keeping my life journey walking and living in the Spirit in all I do is my balance and where I reach my peace within my heart from all the daily goings on with my body & flesh.

....Shalom Aleichem (Peace be with you)

Old 12-19-2012, 01:39 PM

62 posts, read 96,600 times
Greetings in the name of our crucified, risen, ascended and soon returning Redeemer!!!

The recent tragedy in Connecticut and the responses to it from various pundits, news reporters, lobbyists and elected officiasl have dominated the national psyche with the irresistible demeanor a message from God . Some of the disingenuous justifications for advancing the traditions of the Second Amendment allowing private citizens to own musket rifles are tethering near precipice of their just demise. One of the most remarkable results of that tragedy, in the meantime, was the worldwide publication of a picture of the President of the United States embracing a toddler for the camera.

Did God ordain American Slavery? The spirit that provoked the attack on Fort Sumter in April of 1861 is not dead....not completely anyway. But some of the trees that would have been destroyed had the Slaveocracy prevailed in the conflict are beginning to bear fruit. The picture of the President embracing that baby, possibly whose ancestry can be traced back in American history for four hundred years, is emblematic of what God meant in Acts 17:26 as it concerns America.

In God we trust? Slavery was merely a means of obscuring, in my opinion, His real agenda for our republic. God's methods are no less shrouded in mysteries and paradoxes today than they were when Jefferson Davies prayed for Divine Providence to protect the Confederacy at his inauguration.

Out of one blood has God made all men to dwell on the face of the earth ......., and has predestined the boundaries of their habitation. Slavery was ordained by God (Isaiah 45:5-8). When viewed in this manner, as with the symmetry and enduring beauty of the heavenly bodies that we can see, slavery proclaims His glorious handiwork; let all of these things, especially the picture of President Obama and the baby at the memorial vigil and its revolutionary precedents, therefore be marvelous in our eyes!!!

May God bless our nation, especially those who contributes to and reads this thread, during the seasonal celebration of the birth of Jesus and throughout the coming year! May we embrace our motto "In God We Trust" will more genuine sincerity that we did in in the past. And may we diligently petition Him for revelations concerning our personal assignments for the advancement of His kingdom.

Elder JamesIII

Old 12-19-2012, 04:56 PM

239 posts, read 193,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder James III View Post
Greetings in the name of our crucified, risen, ascended and soon returning Redeemer!!!

The recent tragedy in Connecticut and the responses to it from various pundits, news reporters, lobbyists and elected officiasl have dominated the national psyche with the irresistible demeanor a message from God . Some of the disingenuous justifications for advancing the traditions of the Second Amendment allowing private citizens to own musket rifles are tethering near precipice of their just demise. One of the most remarkable results of that tragedy, in the meantime, was the worldwide publication of a picture of the President of the United States embracing a toddler for the camera.

Did God ordain American Slavery? The spirit that provoked the attack on Fort Sumter in April of 1861 is not dead....not completely anyway. But some of the trees that would have been destroyed had the Slaveocracy prevailed in the conflict are beginning to bear fruit. The picture of the President embracing that baby, possibly whose ancestry can be traced back in American history for four hundred years, is emblematic of what God meant in Acts 17:26 as it concerns America.

In God we trust? Slavery was merely a means of obscuring, in my opinion, His real agenda for our republic. God's methods are no less shrouded in mysteries and paradoxes today than they were when Jefferson Davies prayed for Divine Providence to protect the Confederacy at his inauguration.

Out of one blood has God made all men to dwell on the face of the earth ......., and has predestined the boundaries of their habitation. Slavery was ordained by God (Isaiah 45:5-8). When viewed in this manner, as with the symmetry and enduring beauty of the heavenly bodies that we can see, slavery proclaims His glorious handiwork; let all of these things, especially the picture of President Obama and the baby at the memorial vigil and its revolutionary precedents, therefore be marvelous in our eyes!!!

May God bless our nation, especially those who contributes to and reads this thread, during the seasonal celebration of the birth of Jesus and throughout the coming year! May we embrace our motto "In God We Trust" will more genuine sincerity that we did in in the past. And may we diligently petition Him for revelations concerning our personal assignments for the advancement of His kingdom.

Elder JamesIII
I wonder if God did ordain American slavery. Had it not been for American slavery I doubt we would have a half black president today. I doubt we would have any black legislators and mayors and millionaires.

There would be some blacks in America but no where near the number there are today. Sometimes God uses bad things to accomplish His greater good.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:12 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
That phrase always amuses me...God Allows It....God doesn't allow it....God causes it and every bit of it whether good or bad it done to serve His purposes and plan. Isa 45:7
Yes, when HaShem ordained that Joseph would be sold into slavery, Joseph says that 'He meant it for good'...It does not state that HaShem took advantage of an evil situation and brought good out of it, as so many attempt to state, but that HaShem's intentions for the situation were meant for good...

Old 12-20-2012, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had to change names View Post
I wonder if God did ordain American slavery. Had it not been for American slavery I doubt we would have a half black president today. I doubt we would have any black legislators and mayors and millionaires.

There would be some blacks in America but no where near the number there are today. Sometimes God uses bad things to accomplish His greater good.
He does not USE bad things, He ordains them in order to bring about His Glory...

Old 12-20-2012, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He does not USE bad things, He ordains them in order to bring about His Glory...
Richard I am not sure that makes any sense. If He does not use it then He cannot get any glory from it because He would not be able to affect it in any way. That is if He does not use the situation. He could not change it. He could not deliver you from it. He must use it in order to do anything with it or about it. I believe God used the situation to deliver the blacks from slavery and have them gain rights in this country so they could achieve more than they could have had they remained in their native countries. IMHO

Old 12-20-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had to change names View Post
Richard I am not sure that makes any sense. If He does not use it then He cannot get any glory from it because He would not be able to affect it in any way. That is if He does not use the situation. He could not change it. He could not deliver you from it. He must use it in order to do anything with it or about it. I believe God used the situation to deliver the blacks from slavery and have them gain rights in this country so they could achieve more than they could have had they remained in their native countries. IMHO

He ordained it so...

Old 12-20-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He ordained it so...
Why would His ordaining it so preclude Him being able to use it? I don't see why you think His ordaining something prohibits His using it for His cause. NO logic in your argument here.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:51 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
He makes the crooked straight,,, in our human mess, he will fix things out to make it work for the good of his beloved. When I have these kinds of questions I revert to the Father side of God. What would you do as a parent in a similar circumstance? We will never know the ALL of how and why's as HIS thoughts are higher than ours and meant to be that way. If we had all the answers, faith and trust be out of the picture. As He is a gentleman and does not make us be HIS slaves but give us a free will, how can anyone else enslave another?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.