Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 09:01 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,297,909 times

Advertisements

Greetings Everyone!

June needs everyone to listen up:

June realizes that this is a highly contentious, much debated, and very heated topic on this subforum.

June also realizes that everyone is entitled to discuss, debate, and most certainly defend their beliefs and their faith. June wishes to make it clear that June has absolutely no problem with that; in fact, she'd be the first to encourage it.

HOWEVER: June is asking that we keep it respectful here. People need to bear in mind that we have gay/lesbian/bisexual members on city-data. June absolutely, positively understands that this is the Christianity subforum, but it is still an open forum where all are free to post. (Providing they are adhering to the TOS.)

As such, June needs to ask that references to gay/homosexual individuals BE KEPT RESPECTFUL.

As well as on topic. (And she's throwing in "and not flaming" one another just to cover all the bases!)

That shoud cover it for now!

Remember: Be respectful, be nice, and with that, go forth and post!

Thanks!

'The Eyes of June'

Last edited by june 7th; 10-13-2009 at 10:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 09:34 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,885,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Did you suddenly get a guilty conscience and remember Christ's teachings of loving one another and not judging others? After your anti-homosexual, prejudiced, judgemental comments about homosexuals?

You hoist yourself on your own petard by your own words: "Anyone who is prejudiced needs to be far more concerned about his prejudice then about someone elses sin". Look to your own actions and words. You are spreading intolerance and ignorance and encouraging contempt and prejudice towards homosexuals by your posts.

One cure for prejudice is knowledge. I've offered up a few areas you could spend some time researching to increase your knowledge. I also suggest you get to know some average run of the mill homosexuals with an open mind and an open heart. Especially those in loving committed relationships (or marriages now in some areas) raising families.
Bravo!

Old 10-13-2009, 09:53 AM

33,343 posts, read 26,564,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The verse from Matthew you used is a story about Jesus being questioned about Divorce. Perhaps you also missed the following verse where Jesus refers to those born as eunuchs (ie those born without a desire for women-ie homosexuals).
I won't bother addressing the rest of what you posted as you won't listen. But regarding the Matthew 19:4-5 passage, that is a quotation of Genesis 2 :23-24. Marriage between a man and a woman, and therefore sex between a man and a woman, was established by God at the very beginning of man's existence, even before the fall.

The only legitimate sex is between one man and one woman inside of the divine institution of marriage. ALL other sex is sin.

Enough has been said on this.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:23 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,080,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
The fact that some men wanted to have sex with these men doesn't make them all gay.
No no.. the link you posted (and I assume the Bible) said ALL MEN SHOWED UP.

The link you posted used a translation that states:

"Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Using that flawed translation it quite clearly says All the men of Sodom showed up and all the men wanted to have sex with the men.

Disclosure: I don't think they wanted sex with them.. but you do.. thus your use of that particular translation. End disclosure.

So the translation used doesn't say "some men wanted sex".. no it says All Men showed up (both young and old).. and said we wanna have sex with them.

So all of Sodom men were either gay, bisexual, or a mix of the two.

Which makes the procreation found in Sodom quite hilarious..

So to repeat.. not some..

ALL..

not some..

ALL

Old 10-13-2009, 10:26 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,903,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
No no.. the link you posted (and I assume the Bible) said ALL MEN SHOWED UP.

The link you posted used a translation that states:

"Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Using that flawed translation it quite clearly says All the men of Sodom showed up and all the men wanted to have sex with the men.

Disclosure: I don't think they wanted sex with them.. but you do.. thus your use of that particular translation. End disclosure.

So the translation used doesn't say "some men wanted sex".. no it says All Men showed up (both young and old).. and said we wanna have sex with them.

So all of Sodom men were either gay, bisexual, or a mix of the two.

Which makes the procreation found in Sodom quite hilarious..

So to repeat.. not some..

ALL..

not some..

ALL
What part of 'having sex with a man doesn't make you exclusively gay' are you struggling with?

Further: A man could show up at a door and want to have sex with you and then go home and have sex with his wife and get her pregnant. Pregnancy sometimes leads to new life (i.e. procreation). Same guy....two partners.....baby on the way.

Sex with a man.

Sex with a woman.

Only one leads to procreation (the one with the woman).

The two aren't exclusive of each other.

Hope this clears things up.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
What part of 'having sex with a man doesn't make you exclusively gay' are you struggling with?
The "having sex with a man doesn't make you exclusively gay" part.

Maybe a gay man can step in with his opinion.. but I've kinda always been under the impression that a man indicating that he wants to have sex.. with another man means you are probably gay. Well not probably. You are gay. If you still also want to have sex with a woman then you are probably bisexual. Well not probably.. you are.

Quote:
Further: A man could show up at a door and want to have sex with you and then go home and have sex with his wife and get her pregnant.
He could I agree. A vampire COULD also show up at my door and offer me $1,000,000. I mean it COULD happen.

But back to your example.. that man that came to the door.. he would be a gay man.

Quote:
Pregnancy sometimes leads to new life (i.e. procreation). Same guy....two partners.....baby on the way.
Hey.. if you think all the men in Sodom weren't gay but wanted to have sex with men to fulfill the hilarity of the translation then go for it. I mean it makes no sense and uses the "you aren't gay if you want to have sex with men" theorem.. but I guess I've heard wilder theories..

well actually I haven't.. but whatever.

So gay men.. rejoice!!! You aren't gay because you want to have sex with other men. Its your fashion sense!

oh crap.. I dress nice..

Old 10-13-2009, 11:54 AM

OK...I'm gonna give this one more try and then I'm just gonna leave it alone.

Group A consists of Tom, Jim, and Herald. All strapping men who also happen to be gay.

Group B consists of Joe, Phil, and Baxter. All strapping men who also happen to be bisexual.

Group A plus Group B (A+B herein after called 'ALL' and also 'Group C') show up at someone's door (a man) to have sex with them.

All of Group C want to have sex with aforementioned man.....then group C splits up again. Group A returns to their homosexual partners and group B returns to their homosexual or heterosexual partners.

Group B also has kids with their heterosexual partners.

Group B procreates.

Since Group A and Group B live in the same town, the fact that they had sex with men doesn't mean they ALL exclusively had(or have) sex with a man.

A man having sex with a woman sometimes leads to procreation. Since Group B lives in the same town as Group A, one might see procreation even though Group A and Group B (remember group c?) did, in fact, desire to have sex with the same individual(s) in the past.

That's the best I can do with my limited communication skills, big thirsty.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
OK...I'm gonna give this one more try and then I'm just gonna leave it alone.

Group A consists of Tom, Jim, and Herald. All strapping men who also happen to be gay.

Group B consists of Joe, Phil, and Baxter. All strapping men who also happen to be bisexual.

Group A plus Group B (A+B herein after called 'ALL' and also 'Group C') show up at someone's door (a man) to have sex with them.

All of Group C want to have sex with aforementioned man.....then group C splits up again. Group A returns to their homosexual partners and group B returns to their homosexual or heterosexual partners.

Group B also has kids with their heterosexual partners.

Group B procreates.

Since Group A and Group B live in the same town, the fact that they had sex with men doesn't mean they ALL exclusively had(or have) sex with a man.

A man having sex with a woman sometimes leads to procreation. Since Group B lives in the same town as Group A, one might see procreation even though Group A and Group B (remember group c?) did, in fact, desire to have sex with the same individual(s) in the past.

That's the best I can do with my limited communication skills, big thirsty.
So your logic is:

1. All the men showed up
2. All the men wanted to have sex with the two men
3. In order for that to happen all the men were either gay or bisexual
4. In order for the population of Sodom to continue some of those bisexuals would have to have sex with a woman (i.e. the bisexual part comes into play)
5. Those women would have to give birth to men who will automatically become gay or bisexual. I'm not even saying born with it. I'm saying they ultimately became (through whatever measure) gay or bisexual.. because again...
6. All the men showed up (and were either gay or bisexual)

Rinse and repeat for generation after generation.

Unless of course you believe that only that one generation in that one sliver of time had a male population that was either gay or bisexual..

Sorry.. gotta go.. there is a Vampire at my door offering me $1,000,000 and a great new deal on some ocean front property opened up in San Antonio.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
So your logic is:

1. All the men showed up
That's what the bible says, and yeah, I believe it.

Quote:
2. All the men wanted to have sex with the two men
That's what the bible says, and yeah, I believe it.

Quote:
3. In order for that to happen all the men were either gay or bisexual
By definition, a man who wants to have sex with another man is either gay(same sex attraction) or bisexual (attracted to both sexes).

Quote:
4. In order for the population of Sodom to continue some of those bisexuals would have to have sex with a woman (i.e. the bisexual part comes into play)
By definition a bisexual is...well...bisexual.

Quote:
5. Those women would have to give birth to men who will automatically become gay or bisexual. I'm not even saying born with it. I'm saying they ultimately became (through whatever measure) gay or bisexual.. because again...
No, not necessarily. I'm sure people left town all the time....Lot was about to.

Quote:
6. All the men showed up (and were either gay or bisexual)
According to God's Word....which I did not write...I only read and, as a Christian, believe.

Quote:
Rinse and repeat for generation after generation.
Not necessarily...see above.

Quote:
Unless of course you believe that only that one generation in that one sliver of time had a male population that was either gay or bisexual..
No idea either way though I suspect this was a society of slow moral decay...where good was called evil and evil called good....where there were folks that denied that wrong was wrong...and eventually the entire society was deceived into thinking just any ole thing was ok.

Quote:
Sorry.. gotta go.. there is a Vampire at my door offering me $1,000,000 and a great new deal on some ocean front property opened up in San Antonio.
ok

----------------------------------

Do you believe God destroyed Sodom?

If so, why do you think that happened?

Old 10-13-2009, 08:53 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,467,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Exactly!

And...according to the Bible, they who teach error and untruth will face the greater judgement. Why cannot people just stick to the Bible?

Bud, you are a wise man!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity