Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 01:18 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No you didn't.

The subject is homosexuality. Are you willing to answer that question? It appears not, since it would contradict your liberal theology.
The subject is what God wants Bryan to do. Bryan asked, "What does God say?" I told him what God says.

My liberal theology? My belief in God is as solid as God's belief in me. It is simply the nature of our friendship, and our journey together.

I am unconcerned if you understand, or share our belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 01:18 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
For the life of me, to this very day, I have NO idea what effect AT ALL a gay person or a gay couple or two gay people getting married has on anyone else's life, especially TOTAL strangers.
For all their protestations about how they speak against homosexuality out of love and concern for those who are homosexual, I believe this post from page one of this thread goes right to the heart of what most fundamentalists REALLY are concerned about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
<snip>

The acceptance and promotion of homosexuality within a nation is one of the reasons that God destroys a nation.

It's all about fear and self-preservation, based on the belief that God hates homosexuality and will destroy a nation that does not actively discriminate against people who are gay.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:20 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
For all their protestations about how they speak against homosexuality out of love and concern for those who are homosexual, I believe this post from page one of this thread goes right to the heart of what most fundamentalists REALLY are concerned about...

It's all about fear and self-preservation, based on the belief that God hates homosexuality and will destroy a nation that does not actively discriminate against people who are gay.
Bingo! Can you believe that people think this way about God and yet they HAVE read what Jesus said about Him?

Old 08-09-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
For the life of me, to this very day, I have NO idea what effect AT ALL a gay person or a gay couple or two gay people getting married has on anyone else's life, especially TOTAL strangers.

Because total strangers have invested themselves in the sexual practices, and relationships of others. I think they should get their own relationships, and engage in their own sexual practices.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Ronkon's God isn't confined to a book like your little godling.
So true. They believe God created the Universe, and want to keep God contained within the beliefs of ancient man. Astonishing.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:55 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The subject is what God wants Bryan to do. Bryan asked, "What does God say?" I told him what God says.

My liberal theology? My belief in God is as solid as God's belief in me. It is simply the nature of our friendship, and our journey together.

I am unconcerned if you understand, or share our belief.
No, the subject is "Two Ministers say Homosexual is ok". Bryan asked, "What does God say?" So, what does God say about homosexuality?

Old 08-09-2016, 02:00 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
Quote:
No, the subject is "Two Ministers say Homosexual is ok". Bryan asked, "What does God say?" So, what does God say about homosexuality?
I think the question should be:

"What does THIS book written by men say that God says about homosexuality?"

Old 08-09-2016, 02:05 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Are you or Bryan homosexual, or is someone who is homosexual asking you to find out what God says? Is that why you are asking Ronkon?

Old 08-09-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I stated what God says about it. You simply do not wish to believe me. As if have stated. I am unconcerned.

You and Bryan and others are far too interested in the sexual practices of others.

I think you should engage in a robust sexual relationship of your own. That way, you would be putting your energies toward Mrs.jimmiej where they belong, and God agrees with me.

I am sure the Mrs. would agree with me, too.

Old 08-09-2016, 02:17 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

fornicators( man and woman having sex out of marriage is just as wicked a act as homosexuals to God--to him both classify as wicked if they practice those things. If one doesn't practice immoral sex- even a homosexual can become righteous to Gods view, everyone no matter who or what you are --MUST do this--Matthew 16:24-- disown oneself to follow Jesus. Few can. The world makes sure--FEW can. most must fit in. To be no part of this world, as Jesus taught we must be, that one does not fit in--Jesus said they would be hated. unaccepted, just like in his day--Jesus was murdered, the apostles were murdered, the followers were tormented and eventually murdered. The world hates the truth Jesus brought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity