Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 03:30 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
True or not it is a great read none the less.

Added. I have found out that Brian in fact did not write this article, but instead claimed he did. The story about him is true, except the fact he never authored it. But it really is a great read. Thank you Josh Harris for writing it.

Snippet:

Brian's Essay:
The Room...
In that place between wakefulness and dreams, I found myself in the room. There were no distinguishing features except for the one wall covered with small index card files. They were like the ones in libraries that list titles by author or subject in alphabetical order. But these files, which stretched from floor to ceiling and seemingly endless in either direction, had very different headings.
As I drew near the wall of files, the first to catch my attention was one that read "Girls I have liked." I opened it and began flipping through the cards. I quickly shut it, shocked to realize that I recognized the names written on each one. And then without being told, I knew exactly where I was.
This lifeless room with its small files was a crude catalog system for my life. Here were written the actions of my every moment, big and small, in a detail my memory couldn't match. A sense of wonder and curiosity, coupled with horror, stirred within me as I began randomly opening files and exploring their content.

Link:

* The File Room

Last edited by HotinAZ; 10-12-2009 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: Reformatted in order to adhere to copyright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 04:17 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
]True or not it is a great read none the less.

snopes.com: The Room

Let's not call it Brian's essay, since it wasn't. The author, according to Snopes, is Joshua Harris.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
snopes.com: The Room

Let's not call it Brian's essay, since it wasn't. The author, according to Snopes, is Joshua Harris.
That is why I said true or not. I never claimed it was his, I just read it. Josh Harris website explaining this can be found here, taken from your link sending me to his personal website:

Josh Harris: Authorship Controversy

Old 10-12-2009, 04:33 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,864 times
so how does it end?

Old 10-12-2009, 04:37 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
That is why I said true or not. I never claimed it was his, I just read it.
I understand and it wasn't meant as a slam on you or your post. I just thought it would be good to credit the real author.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
so how does it end?
The link works.

No pop ups either, unlike snopes.com

Old 10-12-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I understand and it wasn't meant as a slam on you or your post. I just thought it would be good to credit the real author.
Thank you for the correction.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:41 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,758,762 times
Actually, you did credit the writer in your OP.

" I have found out that Brian in fact did not write this article, but instead claimed he did. The story about him is true, except the fact he never authored it. But it really is a great read. Thank you Josh Harris for writing it."

Old 10-15-2009, 06:54 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,696 times
As I read this it shows great compassion that Jesus has for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity