Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 01:41 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,228,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
This is awesome to know everyone...!!! This is something you can definately look forward to!!!

It isn't endless either!!! UR's claim it's only for an "age?"!!!!!!! No one can determine precisely how long that will be, But you can bet your sweet bippy...it MIGHT end...O.K? Does that sound refreshing to you? Know what it is?...

...You'll only burn in hell for a while...you'll only suffer torture for a little while...(but no one knows how long that "little while" will be though)...but no worry!...IT will end, maybe!...Hip-Hip-Hurray!!!...but you'll only ssssscortch for an................"age"!...EXCELLANT!!!!......JUST GREAT!!!!...

...Now we can all relax....

Isn't that such good news!!!
Goodness Almighty.....they make decaf for that ya know

Old 10-15-2009, 01:41 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,678,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Verna you crack me up sometimes. You know our God is a loving and faithful God, and we must understand that God will judge us. Some people have a hard time with thinking about a loving God, that will then judge us. But God is holy and will judge us as such.

I see on this forum that people have a hard time thinking that God will judge or punish someone. But God is a just God.

If we read our bible then we know that there is nothing that goes on in the world without God's permission.

There are flood waters that are killing people and we must wonder, Is these flood waters devine, or is God allowing evil to strick. There is only two answers. These types of things that are going on in the world can be demonic, but God still has to allow it. SAtan or demons can't touch us without God's permission.

Now a person who refuses to understand the Character of God, will not want to even look at the things that are going on in the world and even realize that God has to allow even demons and satan access to the things that are going on.

I love my God and know that He is a loving and mercyful God, but I do realize that He will judge and by reading the bible, He even allows satan and demons access to destroy things of this world.

Even with the things that are going on God is still God. People who refuse to understand that God is a just God, need to evaluate and read the bible, and study it.

God can love, get angry, be grieved, show sorrow, be mercyful, and many more, because God has emotions. But people who are deceived only want to looked at God being loving and don't want to even take the bible for what it says about Him showing other emotions.

But the bible is clear those who are not followers of Christ will be separated from Him. If someone does not want to accept it then that is there choice. God has been dealing with me on this issue, if they don't want to accept it, then that is their choice, that is the Holy Spirit's job.

Also people who have a hard time with the Character of God want to throw the OT out and only read the NT. God says that He never changes. He is the same in the OT just as much as He is in the NT.
Dear Miss Blue......(sipping a wonderful cup of hot tea, and eating a delicious almond cream stuffed pastry...) I know...it's just not o.k. for people to believe this kind of junk...a person can only take so much...!...before they totally break down and eat!......

Old 10-15-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Dear Miss Blue......(sipping a wonderful cup of hot tea, and eating a delicious almond cream stuffed pastry...) I know...it's just not o.k. for people to believe this kind of junk...a person can only take so much...!...before they totally break down and eat!......
And you shall know them by the "Fruit"

Old 10-15-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Exactly, my party is being with Jesus. I don't want to even look at Hell or be there for a second. But for those who want to be there for a second or an age ( notice I say those who want that which is not biblical), those in heaven will be rejoicing. Now that is a party, to see my Master face to face.
Amen Miss Shawn!......and I will be the life of that party!!!...with you!

Old 10-15-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Goodness Almighty.....they make decaf for that ya know
Ha! Ha! That seriously did make me laugh Christy!

Old 10-15-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Ha! Ha! That seriously did make me laugh Christy!
That really wasn't my intention and I've called you out on this before. You may have good intentions....but the evil intentions of your heart come out when you ridicule other people's beliefs....it doesn't speak well of you at all.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:55 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,558,585 times
Quote:
Verna you crack me up sometimes. You know our God is a loving and faithful God, and we must understand that God will judge us. Some people have a hard time with thinking about a loving God, that will then judge us. But God is holy and will judge us as such.

I see on this forum that people have a hard time thinking that God will judge or punish someone. But God is a just God.

If we read our bible then we know that there is nothing that goes on in the world without God's permission.

There are flood waters that are killing people and we must wonder, Is these flood waters devine, or is God allowing evil to strick. There is only two answers. These types of things that are going on in the world can be demonic, but God still has to allow it. SAtan or demons can't touch us without God's permission.

Now a person who refuses to understand the Character of God, will not want to even look at the things that are going on in the world and even realize that God has to allow even demons and satan access to the things that are going on.

I love my God and know that He is a loving and mercyful God, but I do realize that He will judge and by reading the bible, He even allows satan and demons access to destroy things of this world.

Even with the things that are going on God is still God. People who refuse to understand that God is a just God, need to evaluate and read the bible, and study it.

God can love, get angry, be grieved, show sorrow, be mercyful, and many more, because God has emotions. But people who are deceived only want to looked at God being loving and don't want to even take the bible for what it says about Him showing other emotions.

But the bible is clear those who are not followers of Christ will be separated from Him. If someone does not want to accept it then that is there choice. God has been dealing with me on this issue, if they don't want to accept it, then that is their choice, that is the Holy Spirit's job.

Also people who have a hard time with the Character of God want to throw the OT out and only read the NT. God says that He never changes. He is the same in the OT just as much as He is in the NT.
It's funny, I came across this verse as was very pleased to see that even Paul says that he puts things in human terms of wrath not God's term of wrath..

Romans 3:5 But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? The God who inflicts wrath is not unrighteous, is He? (I am speaking in human terms.)

Romans 6:19 I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness.

Are we today unable to understand the difference between God's wrath and the consequences of our own actions? Or are we still weak in our natural selves?

Paul was trying to show that we were slaves to sin but are now slaves to righteousness... He used the language the people would understand to show the difference between OT and NT covenant, just like Jesus used the thought of "demons" or "evil spirits" to help those who were sick so that they would understand that he is greater than their sickness...

Paul is not saying he believes that God with torture you in his wrath, he is not saying that God even possesses wrath (because God does not have deeply resentful indignation) but is pure and righteous. If we are righteous should we have resentful indignation? of course not! but humans understand wrath as consequences (from God or not) of our own actions.

Saying that God has resentful indignation is putting human traits onto the Almighty...

Old 10-15-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
That really wasn't my intention and I've called you out on this before. You may have good intentions....but the evil intentions of your heart come out when you ridicule other people's beliefs....it doesn't speak well of you at all.
I'm not at all concerned with what your opinion is of what may be the intention of my heart...God knows my heart Christy...and what doesn't speak well of someone is when they teach false doctrine...which I do not do. You still made me laugh...

Old 10-15-2009, 02:02 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,510,383 times
Quote:
It`s gotten to the point where she even starts threads just to ridicule,make fun, and provoke. Yeah, that`s real Christlike. This is the christian forum isn`t it?

Old 10-15-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I'm not at all concerned with what your opinion is of what may be the intention of my heart...God knows my heart Christy...and what doesn't speak well of someone is when they teach false doctrine...which I do not do. You still made me laugh...
It's a shame that you are not concerned with the picture you portray online to believers and unbelievers alike....of someone who professes to be a "Christian". Ridicule of others is never befitting of someone who calls themselves a Christian. There are more productive and edifying ways of sharing your views without belittling and ridiculing others...and I hope you will be humble enough to allow the Spirit to work that thought into you the next time you respond to others who don't believe exactly the way you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity