Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:09 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,671,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
It`s gotten to the point where she even starts threads just to ridicule,make fun, and provoke. Yeah, that`s real Christlike. This is the christian forum isn`t it?
Did you find those posts yet spm?...you know, the one's that prove what you claim we say concerning eternal torment when we speak about those we love?

Old 10-15-2009, 02:11 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,109,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...don't you think that is good news Alan?......

..Sorry for the disappointment...
What I think would be good news is this:

First that the company in charge of the Internet ban the use of smilies.

Second, that we get a new and interesting topic to talk about, so that we dont end up with the same people posting the same posts.

Now that would be good news....

Old 10-15-2009, 02:13 PM

63,947 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
I'm not at all concerned with what your opinion is of what may be the intention of my heart...God knows my heart Christy...and what doesn't speak well of someone is when they teach false doctrine...which I do not do. You still made me laugh...
::sigh:: Verna there is NO WAY you have the right (or the ability) to decide who is expressing false doctrine . . . you are NOT God and you do not have God's absolute discernment. You can believe that YOUR view of what scripture says is true . . . but you can NOT claim that it is THE TRUTH . . . that is prideful and self-righteous . . . not humble and believing in faith, hope and love. You also cannot use YOUR view of scriptures to call other views lies just because YOU do not believe them. Your ONLY responsibility is to witness to YOUR understanding . . . NOT JUDGE other understanding . . . that presumes too much.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
What I think would be good news is this:

First that the company in charge of the Internet ban the use of smilies.

Second, that we get a new and interesting topic to talk about, so that we dont end up with the same people posting the same posts.

Now that would be good news....
I'm SO FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But we can't post anything anymore without them coming in and making it an ET/ANN./UR debate. I know...we could start a thread about...ummm.........I don't know...say a thread about....................can you think of one that can't be turned into another one of THEM THREADS?

Old 10-15-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It's a shame that you are not concerned with the picture you portray online to believers and unbelievers alike....of someone who professes to be a "Christian". Ridicule of others is never befitting of someone who calls themselves a Christian. There are more productive and edifying ways of sharing your views without belittling and ridiculing others...and I hope you will be humble enough to allow the Spirit to work that thought into you the next time you respond to others who don't believe exactly the way you do.
WOW!!! AMAZING how we forget isn't it....? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...you should practice what you preach....Christy.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:25 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,223,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::sigh:: Verna there is NO WAY you have the right (or the ability) to decide who is expressing false doctrine . . . you are NOT God and you do not have God's absolute discernment. You can believe that YOUR view of what scripture says is true . . . but you can NOT claim that it is THE TRUTH . . . that is prideful and self-righteous . . . not humble and believing in faith, hope and love. You also cannot use YOUR view of scriptures to call other views lies just because YOU do not believe them. Your ONLY responsibility is to witness to YOUR understanding . . . NOT JUDGE other understanding . . . that presumes too much.
Take my word as "Gospel" on this...you are preaching to a Brick Wall

Old 10-15-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But Mystic!!!....You nor anyone else can slide past Scripture...and Scripture says INIQUITY will not enter into His Kingdom...Scripture says the righteous will live for eternity with God in Heaven...and the wicked will not live...will be cast out...FOREVER!...WILL NOT LIVE!...and I do not believe that one can not live and live!......it's just insane!

Old 10-15-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christygrl View Post
take my word as "gospel" on this...you are preaching to a brick wall:d
A SOLID one at that!

Old 10-15-2009, 02:29 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,109,584 times
Quote:
I'm SO FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But we can't post anything anymore without them coming in and making it an ET/ANN./UR debate.
I tried.
I started a topic where I have listed every other topic but the UR .
I have invited anyone to join...ask me any question about any topic, save this one.

My topic dies ...
Thats what happens when you try to limit some people from bringing every topic to become the same one...do that and they got nothing.
Nothing to say...

Old 10-15-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
I tried.
I started a topic where I have listed every other topic but the UR .
I have invited anyone to join...ask me any question about any topic, save this one.
My topic dies ...
Thats what happens when you try to limit some people from bringing every topic to become the same one...do that and they got nothing.
Nothing to say...
You have .... without a doubt .... hit ... ... that nail on the head!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity