Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 08:13 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,112,606 times

Advertisements

QUESTION:..if the sun is created in the beginning, why is the surface of the deep (the sea) said to be in darkness?

ANSWER; JOB 38 tells us why the waters covering the earth in Genesis are in darkness,
"when I made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness,"
The answer is that God made thick clouds to cover the seas that were covering the earth. The clouds wrapped the earth in the thick darkness talked about in Genesis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 08:21 AM

Question: as the thick clouds covering the earth in Genesis started to thin out, you would start to see some light appear in the sky once a day as the earth rotated. Is this scientific fact reflected in the Genesis story?

ANSWER; Yes!
Read this for yourself in genesis 1:4 "and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night."

This verse is talking very clearly about the 24 hour rotation of the earth where you would start to see a lighter times of day, and a darker time of day even if the clouds covering the earth remained very thick...

Old 10-16-2009, 08:42 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,216,898 times
Anyone interpret these two states as "understanding" and "things hidden"?

Old 10-16-2009, 09:05 AM

So to sum up what I have proved so far-

The stars like our sun were made first, then the earth.
The story goes on and talks about at time when the earth was covered in seas.
The seas are dark
The reason the seas are dark is due to thick clouds
as the clouds thinned out you would first see a difference in the normal day/night 24hr time frame
as the clouds continued to thin you would next see the sun directly
Then later the moon at night would be seen.
Then finally after all the clouds has completely cleared out, you would see the stars.

This is just the way the story reads about the "light", from the start of the week to day 4....

This is the answer to the OPs opening question...

Last edited by alanMolstad; 10-16-2009 at 09:33 AM..

Old 10-16-2009, 09:32 AM

As there has been no questions....I will push on to my next part.

The Point of view problem:
The most basic problem bible students have is that they have the wrong "point of view" in mind when they read the genesis story.

By this I mean that have the wrong mental image in their mind of how to imagine the events happening.

The truth is that they have this mage in their mind that they are looking down at the earth from high orbit.
I think this is because of the photos we got back to earth from the Apollo moon landings that showed the complete round world of the earth as seen from the moon.

While that is an interesting photo,it is also completely the wrong image to have in your mind as you read the Genesis story!

'
What is the correct point of view as to how to imagine he events being talked about in Genesis?
That answer is found in the very start of the story.
Genesis 1:2
2Now the earth wasa formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Did you notice that last part?
The Spirit of God , hovering over the waters....

That is the image to keep in the back of your mind as you read the creation story.

Not looking down at the earth from high orbit, but rather we are to have the image in our minds of someone hoveringjust above the water that covers the earth...

Old 10-16-2009, 09:37 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,558,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
ask any questions, this is a good topic for conversation (has nothing to do with UR)
The light is UR...

Couldn't resist the joke... carry on.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The light is UR...

Couldn't resist the joke... carry on.
ask me a question....You owe me after that one...

Old 10-16-2009, 12:42 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,558,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Anyone interpret these two states as "understanding" and "things hidden"?
Yes I do!

Seems like that would clear up all this confusion....

Old 10-16-2009, 12:48 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,228,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yes I do!

Seems like that would clear up all this confusion....
He's just been prattling on with no one giving him any attention....just like Verna.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
He's just been prattling on with no one giving him any attention....just like Verna.
So you dont mind I continue then?...
good, I was going to anyway....LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity