Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 03:30 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where does it say in scripture that babys go to heaven?
Yes, i do believe it, because any other belief would condradict the Scriptural condition for Salvation...
Let's take David for example:

2Sa 12:22 And he saith, `While the lad is alive I have fasted, and weep, for I said, Who knoweth? --Jehovah doth pity me, and the lad hath lived;
2Sa 12:23 and now, he hath died, why is this--I fast? am I able to bring him back again? I am going unto him, and he doth not turn back unto me.'

Do you think David went to spend eternity in your Hell with his illegitimate son?

King David believed the Gospel. He knew the Messiah would not only atone for his sins but also his children's. King David knew the Gospel.

The following examples concern children, as opposed to infants. However, no mention is given as to these children having any faith, hearing the Gospel or having received any ceremonial cleansing or washings, etc. They are strictly children as children.

Yet these children are said to have their own angels (their messengers) that stand before God:

Mat 18:10 `Beware! --ye may not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you, that their messengers in the heavens do always behold the face of my Father who is in the heavens,

Jesus came to specifically save these little ones (the word "for" directs us back as to why Jesus came):

Mat 18:11 for the Son of Man did come to save the lost.

Is it your testimony that one of these little ones did not go to Heaven?

Luk 9:47 and Jesus having seen the reasoning of their heart, having taken hold of a child, set him beside himself,
Luk 9:48 and said to them, `Whoever may receive this child in my name, doth receive me, and whoever may receive me, doth receive Him who sent me, for he who is least among you all--he shall be great.'

Is it your testimony that a child should not be received in Christ's name as being His?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Where did i say anything about 20 years in that post....i said in others, over 20.....your sarcasm is awesome......
Thank-you!

Old 11-29-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Yea, those that believe have passed out of death to life.....not everyone that just hears....not everyone that heard believed....
That wasn't the issue at hand. You said that prior to Christ's death, one had to keep the OT law to be saved. Hogwash!!! and again, Hogwash!!!

Those who believed were in possession of eternal life, without keeping the law! Did you not read it?

Old 11-29-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
That there is no way that i could merit Salvation and that it is only thru Christ that that happens and it is because God chose me then called me thru the quickening of my spirit.....
Com'on you do know what the Gospel is, do you not?

Look, the Gospel says that Christ died on the cross for our sins, and that he was resurrected for our justification (our being declared righteous before God). That is the Gospel, plain and simple.

When you proclaim the Gospel, do you tell people what the Gospel says? Jesus said to proclaim this good news to all creation. Why do you think he said to proclaim it to all creation? Why is this Gospel called good news for all creation?

Old 11-29-2009, 06:02 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
5For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave himself as a ransom for all men 1 Tim 2 : 5

9This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (How come Calvinists and fundamentalists can't fully accept it) 10(and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. 1 Tim 4 : 9,10

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. John 12 : 32

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.1 John : 2

Oh wait , i forgot All doesn't mean All and Whole doesn't mean Whole and world doesn't mean world it means chosen or Calvinist or what you want to put in there.
Again, you take scripture out of context....

Old 11-29-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
No it wasn't God is love , how can he be love and limit it
1 Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
2 Oh, give thanks to the God of gods!
3 Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords!
For His mercy endures forever:

4 To Him who alone does great wonders,
For His mercy endures forever;
5 To Him who by wisdom made the heavens,
6 To Him who laid out the earth above the waters,
7 To Him who made great lights,
For His mercy endures forever—
8 The sun to rule by day,
9 The moon and stars to rule by night,

10 To Him who struck Egypt in their firstborn,
11 And brought out Israel from among them,
12 With a strong hand, and with an outstretched arm,
13 To Him who divided the Red Sea in two,
14 And made Israel pass through the midst of it,
15 But overthrew Pharaoh and his army in the Red Sea,
16 To Him who led His people through the wilderness,
17 To Him who struck down great kings,
18 And slew famous kings,
19 Sihon king of the Amorites,
20 And Og king of Bashan,
21 And gave their land as a heritage,
22 A heritage to Israel His servant,

23 Who remembered us in our lowly state,
24 And rescued us from our enemies,
25 Who gives food to all flesh,

26 Oh, give thanks to the God of heaven!
This was a Jew that was speaking from a Jewish perspective...

Old 11-29-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
David said to Gad, "I am in deep distress. Let me fall into the hands of the LORD, for his mercy is very great; but do not let me fall into the hands of men."

We might as well put Calvinist in where it says men
Again, it was a Jew speaking from a Jewish perspective....

Old 11-29-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Isaiah 63:7 I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.
Exactly, toward the House of Isreal, The Jews....

Old 11-29-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Again, time period...He is speaking to the Jews....

Old 11-29-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
No,.....I think you are misunderstanding my post...sorry!

I realize your statement "i do not glory in the fact that i am Jewish, i glory in the fact that God quickened my spirit to believe in Christ....", Amen...

And yes, I believe this also..."circumcision means nothing and non-circumcision means nothing...."

Amen...."In other words He wants you circumcised in the Heart and gentiles are grafted in and become spiritual Jews...."

And this was my point..."God has not forsaken the people He chose and has not annulled His convenant with Abraham...in fact He has fullfilled it thru Christ...Amen to that.."
Thank you...i believe too often people think that the New Convenant is only for the Gentiles...but, He came to save the Jews....the Jew first ...then the greek.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity