Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 01:16 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
I prayed. I read that book. And my life changed forever
Well, Jesus told the Pharisees and rulers in Israel that the letter killeth, but the Spirit/Christ, is Life, but they would not come to Him that they might have Life.
So to seek dead letters as truth is to turn from Jesus Christ, who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, Himself, and who is the Light that lights every man that comes into the world, in the hopes that they may seek Him who is Life and Truth.
That Light lighting every man that comes into the world in this day of Salvation is Christ; and He does not lead to dead letters written by sin sick men, which dead letters contradict the Law and the prophets.
The Law and the prophets testify onl;y to Jesus Christ's Persona and work; -and there are no more prophets in the sense of new revelation, for Jesus Christ is the Last Word from God to mankind.

"The Testimony of Jesus Christ is the Spirit of prophecy", and so the testimony of dead letters that the Mormons "seek" a sign to, is a lying spirit given to sin sick rebels who are rejecting Christ the Light, and who are seeking another way, another gospel, another truth; which is the lies of death and darkness.

There is no other Name, no other way, no other Truth, to enter into eternal Life by, and if one is to enter in, they must be born again, from above, while it is the Day of salvation. To be born again is second birth of Spirit/regeneration, into the One Living Spirit of Christ; and Christ is come in flesh of the second Man creation to atone for all in Adam, and to adopt us by making us clean, into the Living Spirit, by regeneration of Spirit, and then by regeneration of the body at the resurrection of it, into His own New Man image.

Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See [thou do it] not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the Testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. testimony
2Cr 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
So "Moroni" is the devil

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Moroni is accursed, then, by the Word of God, and all who preach his doctrines are likewise accursed, according to the Word of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 01:52 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
The canon of scripture has been closed.
Would you care to provide scriptural references to support your belief Oakback?

Old 10-21-2009, 02:19 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Would you care to provide scriptural references to support your belief Oakback?
Do want references from the canonized scripture to which I refer?

Old 10-21-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Do want references from the canonized scripture to which I refer?
Yes, the Bible is in LDS canon also, that works for me.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Yes, the Bible is in LDS canon also, that works for me.
If the LDS canon works for you great. I mean it.
I'm satisfied with my scripture.

You may be interested to know that during a business trip to Salt lake City, my wife and I toured the Temple grounds. She stood in fascination as one of the elders ( I think he was a bishop, or some big muckey dee muck)and I had a wonderful, respectful, and spiritually uplifting conversation for about three hours, about our respective faith traditions. We had more in common than not.

Other denominations can say what they want about the golden tablets in new york, but if we are to know them by their fruit, there's alot of good fruit.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:46 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
if there is not total truth then isn't it a lie?

Yes...overall...it's still a lie. All a lie needs to fool millions is to have a morsel of truth mixed into it somewhere...and twisted around...

Bud

Old 10-21-2009, 03:05 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:

You may be interested to know that during a business trip to Salt lake City, my wife and I toured the Temple grounds. She stood in fascination as one of the elders ( I think he was a bishop, or some big muckey dee muck)and I had a wonderful, respectful, and spiritually uplifting conversation for about three hours, about our respective faith traditions. We had more in common than not.

Other denominations can say what they want about the golden tablets in new york, but if we are to know them by their fruit, there's alot of good fruit.
Bush said that about Islamics, too, and prayed in their Mosques, and the elder Bush prayed in the temples of Shintoism, and so on.
But it is a good thing that Jesus does not agree with you, and has given us His Word to test by.
"If any confess not that Christ is come in flesh, he is anti-Christ".
Christ is the Living Spirit; The Word of God; The Second Person in the Everliving, uncreated, self existing, YHWH/LIFE/BREATH, and He is come in flesh.
Mormons deny He is that Christ, that Life, that YHWH, that Breath, in whose image Adam is made.
Mormonism is not of God, has no connection to the Christ of the Word, and is a religion of death, for dead/unregenerate men.

In Adam all die; in Christ all are made alive [whosoever will].

Old 10-21-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Bush said that about Islamics, too, and prayed in their Mosques, and the elder Bush prayed in the temples of Shintoism, and so on.
But it is a good thing that Jesus does not agree with you, and has given us His Word to test by.
"If any confess not that Christ is come in flesh, he is anti-Christ".
Christ is the Living Spirit; The Word of God; The Second Person in the Everliving, uncreated, self existing, YHWH/LIFE/BREATH, and He is come in flesh.
Mormons deny He is that Christ, that Life, that YHWH, that Breath, in whose image Adam is made.
Mormonism is not of God, has no connection to the Christ of the Word, and is a religion of death, for dead/unregenerate men.

In Adam all die; in Christ all are made alive [whosoever will].
I'd suggest to you ,that evangalizing to the LDS may not be one of your strong points

Old 10-21-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
I have a lot of patience and I know this is the internet, and I know that I too am very far from perfect. But I'm wondering how long Latter-day Saint members of this board are expected to calmly put up with the ceaseless barrage of lies and vile insults that come from the keyboard of this in my opinion obviously angry, bigoted, and hate-filled person?? Somehow I thought civility and respect for others even while disagreeing, explaining, and defending one's own position were the norm for communicating on the City Data board...

There, now I've gone and done it, drat, gotta work on that tolerance and perfection bit.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:

In post 10 you stated: "The canon of scripture has been closed."

I'm still interested in knowing what valid scriptural references you have to support your belief. Or is that just one of those scholarly opinion pieces that a lot of people blindly accept because their paid pastors and leaders say they should?

Please quote from the Bible, that's one of the books I study and accept as canonical, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity