Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2009, 01:50 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,550 times

Advertisements

I believe he did.

I really enjoy C.S. Lewis, and his writings inspired me on my spiritual path . . .I especially felt a connection to Him, as God was drawing me, as I was agnostic, and he the same. I have a respect for his intellect . . . but Christ means . . . annoited. To be a Christian, which is having the Holy Spirit dwelling in you, there is an annointing which takes place, which enables us to read the Bible beyond intellect . . . but with a spiritual nature. Hope I am making sense.

We cannot read the bible intellectually . . . it must be spirit led. Is Jesus a prophet, a holy man, or is he the only begotten son, which means, God brought him forth, much different than created . . . Jesus was Creator. He is not God the Father, but He is God the Son.

He fulfilled hundres of Old Testament Prophecies. Hundreds of them.

In the very first verses (chapter 1, verses 1 to 18), does John, Jesus' closest disciple, leave any doubt about who Jesus really is? Read the entire record penned by John. In chapter 5, you will hear Jesus telling folks that it is to Him that they will have to give account at the Final Judgment (John 5:22-29). In chapter 17, He states that He was with God before the world began (John 17:5). In chapter 20, and all through the book of the Acts, we come face to face with Jews who are accepting Jesus as their Lord and God (John 20:28). Back in chapter 8, we hear Jesus claiming to exist prior to Abraham (who lived 2,000 years before Jesus; John 8:58). The Jews understood clearly that Jesus was claiming equality with God.

Along these lines, the great scholar C.S. Lewis wrote, “Among these Jews there suddenly turns up a man who goes about talking as if He was God. He claims to forgive sins. He says He has always existed. He says He is coming to judge the world at the end of time. Now let us get this clear. Among pantheists, like Indians, anyone might say the he was part god, or one with God: there would be nothing very odd about it. But this man, since He was a Jew, could not mean that kind of god. God, in their language, meant the Being outside the world who had made it and was infinitely different from anything else. And when you have grasped that, you will see that what this man said was, quite simply, the most shocking thing that has ever been uttered by human lips.”

Jesus said . . . . “All should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life… But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life ... You search the Scriptures ... these are they which testify of Me. ... Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you — Moses, in whom you trust. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about me. But it you do not believe his writings how will you believe My words?” (John 5:23,24,40,39,45-47)

Jesus on earth claimed His Divineness, His Diety . . .

My apologies for the long post. The important take-home message though is to consider the evidence itself, and not simply appeal to various authorities. Once you take a look at it with an open mind and heart, the historical data compellingly indicates that Jesus made divine claims.

Last edited by lifesigns64; 10-30-2009 at 02:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 03:15 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
He did and He is and always will be God. Jesus is The Son of God, a prophet, was a carpenter, The Begotten Son, The Creator, He is our God. Nice Post.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:37 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
He did and He is and always will be God. Jesus is The Son of God, a prophet, was a carpenter, The Begotten Son, The Creator, He is our God. Nice Post.
Thank you miss Shawn.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:29 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Thank you miss Shawn.
Your welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity