Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 07:46 AM

145 posts, read 225,454 times

Advertisements

I receive an email daily called "God's Daily Word". Today's was about having regrets if you suddenly found out you were going to die soon. I thought about this and I really think I do have many regrets which I think is sad. Does anyone else think they would have a lot of regrets? What are they? Mine are: Not spending enough time with friends and family, being impatient most of the time, rushing - not taking time to slow down and enjoy things. I feel like life is a whirlwind sometimes and I miss so much of the simple stuff. I am so frantic this Christmas for some reason and really not in a good mood most days. These are just to name a very few.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 07:52 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,216,123 times
His love is stronger than the grave.

To regret anything is to say that we would alter the path the Lord has led us down, and to question His sovereign right over our lives. So no, no regrets.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:19 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,594,683 times
Yes! not to tell more people about the gospel every chance I was given so that I can give Him the glory and help lead people off the path of destruction in hell.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:18 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,564,064 times
No, I would not have any regrets..I would not spend my time trying to make it up to God because of any fear..

I am content that my many years here were blessed by Him with good health, great kids, even greater grand kids and "top of the line" a great grandbaby..

Life is not always easy, there are many heartaches, setbacks, poverty ,denials and lost love..With each of the obstacles in this life I have finally found that if you trust/believe Him he will walk with you through all your storms and you will find peace in the end..

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-15-2009 at 09:33 AM..

Old 12-15-2009, 09:50 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,594,683 times
When I get to heaven an seeing how amazing it is I would hit myself over the head and say, it should have been a no brainer in pleasing God always rather than man.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:15 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,228,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credo View Post
I receive an email daily called "God's Daily Word". Today's was about having regrets if you suddenly found out you were going to die soon. I thought about this and I really think I do have many regrets which I think is sad. Does anyone else think they would have a lot of regrets? What are they? Mine are: Not spending enough time with friends and family, being impatient most of the time, rushing - not taking time to slow down and enjoy things. I feel like life is a whirlwind sometimes and I miss so much of the simple stuff. I am so frantic this Christmas for some reason and really not in a good mood most days. These are just to name a very few.
The only regret I would have...is that I wish God would have slapped my upside the head earlier in life....but God does things His way and for His purposes and I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for that. He always knows what's best!

Old 12-15-2009, 10:39 AM

64,024 posts, read 40,331,746 times
After each of my meditations with God . . . I try to remember those times when my behavior and attitudes lacked "love of God and each other." We all hide these memories under a mental "bushel" so as not to have to deal with regrets. By extracting the memories and "replaying" my feelings and attitudes . . I "change" the recording and I "change" that part of my "soul symphony" (replay the "off-key" parts). This is called asking for repentance in Christian jargon. So to answer the OP . . . I should have no significant ones . . . but there are certain to be many minor ones that I was unable to unearth during my meditation sessions. Perhaps it is those that will "replay" as my entire life flashes before me.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:44 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,216,123 times
No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Many would interpret this as saying that the former life is not to be considered, but I take it literally - His mercies are new every morning, and He is the Redeemer of our lives.

To be brought under condemnation by the past is against everything we've been redeemed from, no?

Old 12-15-2009, 10:46 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,228,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
After each of my meditations with God . . . I try to remember those times when my behavior and attitudes lacked "love of God and each other." We all hide these memories under a mental "bushel" so as not to have to deal with regrets. By extracting the memories and "replaying" my feelings and attitudes . . I "change" the recording and I "change" that part of my "soul symphony" (replay the "off-key" parts). This is called asking for repentance in Christian jargon. So to answer the OP . . . I should have no significant ones . . . but there are certain to be many minor ones that I was unable to unearth during my meditation sessions. Perhaps it is those that will "replay" as my entire life flashes before me.

I hope that is something I am spared from....LOL

Old 12-15-2009, 10:48 AM

64,024 posts, read 40,331,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Many would interpret this as saying that the former life is not to be considered, but I take it literally - His mercies are new every morning, and He is the Redeemer of our lives.

To be brought under condemnation by the past is against everything we've been redeemed from, no?
I am not concerned about any perceived condemnation, little elmer . . . Jesus took care of that. I just want my "soul symphony" to be as pleasing as possible to "Divine ears" . . so I replay the "off-key" parts with my enlightened attitude and improved "musical ability."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity