Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:31 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,036,381 times

Advertisements

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Do you know that if you have the Father, you are given to know the day and hour?

I know many will disagree, but I'm going to explain a few things that I hope make you think.

First off what is a DAY? How long is it? Is it 24 hours?

Did you know that Adam was told that in the day that he would eat of the forbidden fruit he would die. Adam lived over 900 years but less than a 1000 years. Can you find any man in the scriptures that lived more than 1000 years? (nope - excluding our Lord of course).

So could God have meant a day was a 1000 years timeframe?:

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Could God have been referring to this 1000 years as a day? Is there any other writings to back this up? - Yes there is and one that was wrongly removed from the very canon that sourced our modern bibles and here is a portion of that:

From the Epistle of Barnabas:
Quote:
The Sabbath is mentioned at the beginning of the creation [thus]: "And God made in six days the works of His hands, and made an end on the seventh day, and rested on it, and sanctified it." Attend, my children, to the meaning of this expression, "He finished in six days." This implieth that the Lord will finish all things in six thousand years, for a day is with Him a thousand years. And He Himself testifieth, saying, "Behold, to-day will be as a thousand years." Therefore, my children, in six days, that is, in six thousand years, all things will be finished. "And He rested on the seventh day." This meaneth: when His Son, coming [again], shall destroy the time of the wicked man, and judge the ungodly, and change the-sun, and the moon, and the stars, then shall He truly rest on the seventh day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 10:40 AM

Continued....

So we have a direct reference to a thousand years as a day being implicated into the understanding of end time events and the time leading towards it. Now consider this:

Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Are you following me still? - Now if you know Jesus, He speaks earthly things to teach us of Heavenly things. If you thought that Jesus was referring to three literal days then you fell for the earthly and missed the Heavenly. You see Jesus raising three days later was only a TYPE of this significant understanding that on the THIRD day He would raise His Temple. Three Thousand years would = 3 days according to Barnabas and Peter. But the Third day would start at the end of 2000 years. And Jesus rose ON the Third day:

Mat 17:22 And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men:
Mat 17:23 And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

Notice it doesn't say AFTER three days. If it meant AFTER three days the tomb would have been commanded to be sealed longer than three days - surely at least four but it wasn't:

Mat 27:64 Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.

The meaning above is to be made sure to the third day (meaning keep it sealed until the third day is over).

So anyone getting this yet?

Old 04-20-2011, 10:48 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,951,657 times
You are perhaps saying Jesus has already returned?

Old 04-20-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You are perhaps saying Jesus has already returned?
I'm saying that Jesus is about to come to His Temple. Everyone seems to have forgotten that the law and the prophets were a schoolmaster bringing us to Christ. The things they contained were a TYPE (an earthly lesson to teach a Heavenly understanding). Consider the Old Temple design,

It had a room called the Holy Place and then it had another room called the MOST Holy Place. The only way you could get to the room called The Most Holy place (beyond the veil) was to go through the Holy Place. This signifies that the only way to come to the Father is through the Son. Only the High Priest could go beyond the Veil and likewise our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is the High Priest. That veil has now been rent showing us that all in Christ can enter the Most Holy Place. But what I'm trying to show you is how to understand what is being communicated (communion).

The Levites were the CHOSEN of all Israel to provide the Priestly service and they had to be selected and of them had to be laid out who would serve in the Temple and the training necessary and choice servants. This is happening NOW. This dispensation, the FIRSTFRUITS are being developed to serve as that PRIESTHOOD under the New Covenant which our Lord is about to come to and Present before the rest of the congregation.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I'm trying to follow you....
So are you saying Jesus did not resurrect from the grave till 3000 years after His Crucifixion ?
Then what about those who saw, witness Him after He was resurrected... Wasn't it Mary that He told her not to touch Him ??

Keep going.... I'm interested !!

Because I have always wondered about this, one day= 1000 years
No, He did indeed raise from the dead just as recorded. But the events are evidenced physically from an earhtly perspective. In other words, there is MUCH MUCH more to the understanding of these events. If we think earthly, we only see the Temple being raised 2000 years ago, but if you think Spiritually, you see it is immediately ahead of us.

Remember Jesus called His followers STONES. Jesus was not a Carpenter but a MASON. He was building a TEMPLE not made of hands but from the Spirit. Those things were earthly. Each of the Apostles are STONES of that TEMPLE and Firstfruits of the Salvation. The Temple is being built and almost finished! How wonderful that is. Ever notice the book of Revelation is starting off talking about the Temple, the items therein such as the Alter, CandleSticks (lampstand), etc..? It is all coming very soon.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:06 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,951,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I'm saying that Jesus is about to come to His Temple. Everyone seems to have forgotten that the law and the prophets were a schoolmaster bringing us to Christ. The things they contained were a TYPE (an earthly lesson to teach a Heavenly understanding). Consider the Old Temple design,

It had a room called the Holy Place and then it had another room called the MOST Holy Place. The only way you could get to the room called The Most Holy place (beyond the veil) was to go through the Holy Place. This signifies that the only way to come to the Father is through the Son. Only the High Priest could go beyond the Veil and likewise our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is the High Priest. That veil has now been rent showing us that all in Christ can enter the Most Holy Place. But what I'm trying to show you is how to understand what is being communicated (communion).

The Levites were the CHOSEN of all Israel to provide the Priestly service and they had to be selected and of them had to be laid out who would serve in the Temple and the training necessary and choice servants. This is happening NOW. This dispensation, the FIRSTFRUITS are being developed to serve as that PRIESTHOOD under the New Covenant which our Lord is about to come to and Present before the rest of the congregation.

I guess I am not following you since I thought you were going to explain how a verse saying we cannot know equals being able to precisely know.

It would make sense if Jesus has already returned and you could pinpoint that date. But you still seem to just be saying "soon" which is far from precise.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:07 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,633,056 times
I can't wait until the end comes.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I guess I am not following you since I thought you were going to explain how a verse saying we cannot know equals being able to precisely know.

It would make sense if Jesus has already returned and you could pinpoint that date. But you still seem to just be saying "soon" which is far from precise.
I'm not going to go into the precise point as it will fuel much more debate and totally derail the subject but I'll give you this, the time will not be before the third day. So that tells you that it can't be now since we are less then 2000 days from the day that the Temple was thrown down.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:12 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,748 times
Quote:
trettep:
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
Personally, I think this verse is being interpreted wrong. I think it means time means nothing to God. A second could be a million years, a day a thousand years, etc.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Personally, I think this verse is being interpreted wrong. I think it means time means nothing to God. A second could be a million years, a day a thousand years, etc.
You could also say Peter simply meant to say that he liked eating bananas but at some point we must stick what he actually said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity