Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 03:31 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohmike View Post
Oh...I've heard of this before. You're one of those replacement theology guys. You believe that there will be some way other than Christ through whom some might be saved.
Nope, you are as wrong about that as you are your Preterism.
The Bible is quite clear (which you don't believe by the way) that "God will save all mankind . . . for . . . Christ gave Himself a ransom for all" (1 Tim.2:4-6). There is no replacement theology about that except replacing your doctrine of demons.

Quote:
That explains a lot.
It explains you are ignorant.

Quote:
So you're one of these guys that thinks that God's plan of salvation got changed because man was somehow able to thwart God's plan. Truly you are one of these tools that believes that man can somehow thwart the plans of God.
Nope, I'm one of those guys that actually believe this:

Rom 11:25-26 For I am not willing for you to be ignorant of this secret, brethren, lest you may be passing for prudent among yourselves, that callousness, in part, on Israel has come, until the complement of the nations may be entering." (26) And thus all Israel shall be saved, according as it is written, Arriving out of Zion shall be the Rescuer. He will be turning away irreverence from Jacob."

I don't believe any man can thwart God's plans.

Quote:
Cheers to you my friend. You need to read all of the verses in your Bible...Don't you find it funny that your end times views are the same as Jehovahs Witnesses, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists, Millerites, Branch Davidians, Heavens Gate, Jim Jones of Jonestown fame?

You honestly think they got their end times views right?
No, my end time views are those of the apostle Paul.
You using poisoning of the well and ad hominum attacks and guilt by association proves nothing. Don't you find it funny your views are like those of Satanists and New Age spiritists? See two can play this game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 04:21 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Futurism, Preterism, Presentism makes no diffrence. Jesus came, Jesus is coming overthere, Jesus is here now. Why argue over the hope of the other. Just bless each other and move on. Jesus will bless you all if you let it go and leave the hope of each others to them.......Sure there is a hope in other Christians not even said here or there that I cannot believe because of some prophecy I heard but it is NOT MY PLACE to deter them from believing what they can. Hope bring peace in the heart of Jesus Children. Let It Go!

Old 12-30-2009, 05:57 PM

187 posts, read 314,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Don't you find it funny your views are like those of Satanists and New Age spiritists? See two can play this game.
Actually...No. They hold to a future view of the end too. Haaaaa!!!

You should really get your facts straight before you post. Try spell check too.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:58 PM

187 posts, read 314,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Futurism, Preterism, Presentism makes no diffrence. Jesus came, Jesus is coming overthere, Jesus is here now. Why argue over the hope of the other. Just bless each other and move on. Jesus will bless you all if you let it go and leave the hope of each others to them.......Sure there is a hope in other Christians not even said here or there that I cannot believe because of some prophecy I heard but it is NOT MY PLACE to deter them from believing what they can. Hope bring peace in the heart of Jesus Children. Let It Go!
So truth doesn't matter?

Old 12-30-2009, 08:30 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Paul was a preterist Eusebius, and he fulfilled Christ's prophecy of Matt 24:14:

Matt 24:14 - the world - oikoumene = inhabited earth.

Col 1:5-6 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; Which is come unto you, as [it is] in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as [it doth] also in you, since the day ye heard [of it], and knew the grace of God in truth:

Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [and] which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Rom 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Paul said that the gospel was made known to all nations (Romans 16:25-26). Paul also said that the faith of the Romans was spoken of throughout the whole world (Romans 1:5,8). We know that Paul traveled through Asia Minor, Greece, and Crete; that he was in Italy, and probably in Spain and Gaul (Romans 15:24-28). During this time the other apostles weren't sitting around idle; all the apostles went abroad and preached the gospel to everyone (Acts 8:1-5,14,25); and there is much proof that within thirty years after this prophecy was spoken, churches were established in all these regions (Acts 9:31).

The following verses all fulfil Acts 1:8. Men from every nation heard Peter preach the gospel (Acts 2:5,9-11,14); and Peter said it was published throughout Judaea (Acts 10:37, 1 Pet.4:6). Paul says he fully preached the gospel (Romans 15:19; 16:19), and it appeared to all men (Titus 2:11.), and it was preached and believed on in the world (1 Timothy 3:16). In Romans 10:18, the word "world" is oikumene, same as Mat.24:24, and the word "earth" is ge, same as Acts 1:8. In Romans 16:25-26, the word "nations" is ethnos, same as Mark 13:10. In Colossians 1:6, the word "world" is kosmos, same as Mark 16:15. In Colossians 1:23, the word "creature" is ktisis, same as Mark 16:15. Hebrews 4:2 says the gospel was preached.

Thus fulfilling the Fulness of the Gentiles.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:50 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohmike View Post
Actually...No. They hold to a future view of the end too. Haaaaa!!!

You should really get your facts straight before you post. Try spell check too.
Satanists, like preterists, believe that evil, sin and death and all the works of the devil will for ever rule the earth. That is to say until all things are eventually destroyed by the ultimate victory of Death.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:58 AM

Satan, however you understand him, is still very much in power over things on earth. The creation is still groaning and travailing even as a women in birth pangs. Things in the last hundred years have changed more than in the nearly six thousand years preceding it. Wars and rumors of wars unlike anytime before ... There are things that are happening now that could never have happened in the world just one hundred years ago. In a single century we went from a horse and buggy to manned missions to the moon, to speed of light communications going from one side of the earth to another.

It seems to me Preterists have a narrow view of history and that they seem not to be able to discern the times we are in now and what the development of science and technology in the past 300 years and especially in the past century really suggests concerning the times. Keep looking up friends, things are really about to change, i can feel it coming in the air ...

Dan 12:4
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Knowledge has never increased in human history the way that it has in the past 100 years. And travel between nations has become common even for the masses ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-31-2009 at 12:39 PM..

Old 12-31-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Satanists, like preterists, believe that evil, sin and death and all the works of the devil will for ever rule the earth. That is to say until all things are eventually destroyed by the ultimate victory of Death.
Your understanding of the euphemism Death and Sin is elementary. If you bothered to harmonize the scripture and see the revelation of just what it entails you would not have responded in such a remedial way.

Sin and Death = The Old Covenant System

1 Cor 15:56 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Your understanding of the euphemism Death and Sin is elementary. If you bothered to harmonize the scripture and see the revelation of just what it entails you would not have responded in such a remedial way.

Sin and Death = The Old Covenant System

1 Cor 15:56 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

You may think of sin and death as being symbolic, however i understand them to be only too real ...

Old 12-31-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You may think of sin and death as being symbolic, however i understand them to be only too real ...
That's why you stumble. You cannot be a Unie and be a Futurist Ironmaw, they don't fit....your salvation is at this time postponed in regards to your view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity