Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 09:01 PM

187 posts, read 314,948 times

Advertisements

Matthew 5:17-18 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

John 19:28-30 "After this, Jesus, knowing that ALL THINGS were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!” Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit."

ALL WAS FULFILLED AT THE CROSS.

Jesus is the fulfillment of all things. PERIOD!!!

Not modern day Israel. Not modern day Jews.

Jesus is the focus of ALL THINGS.

The destruction of the temple in AD70, was simply the outward manifestation of the reality that was accomplished at the cross.

ALL WAS FULFILLED IN CHRIST...And any spiritual blessing to be had is "in Him."

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 09:39 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Amen!

Old 01-03-2010, 09:59 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Bogus ...

Old 01-03-2010, 10:06 PM

If what hyper preterists believe and teach is true, then God is a liar and scriptures are full of false prophecies and lies. No resurrection, no world peace and the end of wars, no new heavens and earth, no thousand years reign of Christ, all the works of the devil will never be destroyed and neither sin and death ... Etc ... Either that or the Hebrew and Christian God is a lie altogether ... And the only early Church father i can find who in any way believed in preterism was Eusebius ... Not even the disciple of apostle John(who wrote the apocalypse) himself believed in Preterism. He looked forward to a literal resurrection and reign of Christ. Youd think if John new the destruction of the temple was the end of the fulfillment of all prophecy, he would have told someone else.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-03-2010 at 10:23 PM..

Old 01-03-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
If what hyper preterists believe and teach is true, then God is a liar and scriptures are full of false prophecies and lies. No resurrection, no world peace and the end of wars, no new heavens and earth, no thousand years reign of Christ, all the works of the devil will never be destroyed and neither sin and death ... Etc ... Either that or the Hebrew and Christian God is a lie altogether ...
Is that all the better you can do.

Is there some reason you feel you need to refute the words of Christ?

Do you really disagree with Him?

Cuzzzzz...I was quoting Him...In His context...

He said it...Not me.

So what does that make you?

Old 01-03-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohmike View Post
Matthew 5:17-18 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

John 19:28-30 "After this, Jesus, knowing that ALL THINGS were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!” Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit."

The destruction of the temple in AD70, was simply the outward manifestation of the reality that was accomplished at the cross.

Mike
Quote:
Is that all the better you can do.

Is there some reason you feel you need to refute the words of Christ?

Do you really disagree with Him?

Cuzzzzz...I was quoting Him...In His context...

He said it...Not me.

So what does that make you?

The words of Christ in red ...

Quote:

John 19:28-30 "After this, Jesus, knowing that ALL THINGS were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!” Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit."

Your words ...

Quote:

Many things were not yet fulfilled at the time of Christs death. Even things Christ himself prophesied such as Pentecost ...

You are adding words to the scriptures and claiming they are Christs words.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
The words of Christ in red ...

Your words ...

Many things were not yet fulfilled at the time of Christs death. Even things Christ himself prophesied such as Pentecost ...

You are adding words to the scriptures and claiming they are Christs words.
Oh...I get it...You are looking at things chronologically. So even if God...Incarnate says that ALL THINGS were fulfilled...You say that all things were not fullfilled. Or that He only meant that all things regarding a small portion of things. So which is it???

All...Or some???

I simply quoted His words.

You however disagree...Hmmm

Old 01-03-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Oh...I get it...You are looking at things chronologically. So even if God...Incarnate says that ALL THINGS were fulfilled...You say that all things were not fullfilled. Or that He only meant that all things regarding a small portion of things. So which is it???

All...Or some???

I simply quoted His words.

You however disagree...Hmmm

It is simple really, Christ knew all things had been fulfilled concerning his having to be cut off, and not for his own sake. It is a reference to the prophecies in the old testament which told of Christ being put to death for our sake. That is why Christ repeated the beginning and end of psalm 22 ...

Many prophecies had not been accomplished at the time of Christs death, such a Christ resurrection THREE DAYS LATER ...

Old 01-03-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
It is simple really, Christ knew all things had been fulfilled concerning his having to be cut off, and not for his own sake. It is a reference to the prophecies in the old testament which told of Christ being put to death for our sake. That is why Christ repeated the beginning and end of psalm 22 ...

Many prophecies had not been accomplished at the time of Christs death, such a Christ resurrection THREE DAYS LATER ...
Are you really comfortable reading your presupposition into the scriptures?

He said ALL...You say all meant some. Hmmm...Would you care to support your claim?

We're ALL EARS!!!

Old 01-03-2010, 11:27 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Bogus ...
Do you have anything other than your opinion to back your "bogus" statements up? Get a grip dude, show us you know more than your grade school remarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity