Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,033,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I can't....you have nothing written down but your word that you heard from God? I am suppose to believe you? You criticize me for believing the bible through my reading and study but now I am suppose to read and study your beliefs?
I've already read and studied the bible. What more do you want? I've been there and done that. Now if you want to understand what I believe and why, read and study it. I'll give you a link to what I came upon when I asked God to show me the truth without any BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 10:52 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,587,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I've already read and studied the bible. What more do you want? I've been there and done that. Now if you want to understand what I believe and why, read and study it. I'll give you a link to what I came upon when I asked God to show me the truth without any BS.
I didn't ask you that. I said, you criticize me for believing the bible and YET I am suppose to believe you? why? if I can't believe the bible then doesn't logic dictate that I shouldn't believe you as well?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:55 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,224,692 times
Quote:
I can't....you have nothing written down but your word that you heard from God? I am suppose to believe you? You criticize me for believing the bible through my reading and study but now I am suppose to read and study your beliefs?

Fundy....correct me if I'm wrong.....but it seems like you believe one can only "hear or learn" from God by the writings of the bible?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I didn't ask you that. I said, you criticize me for believing the bible and YET I am suppose to believe you? why? if I can't believe the bible then doesn't logic dictate that I shouldn't believe you as well?
What you believe is entirely up to you. I criticise the bible because I have actually read it. You cannot criticize something if you don't know what it is in it's entirety. Criticizing my beliefs from what I say on here is just absurd. That is why I offered you to read and study before you go saying things when you don't know what it contains.

I believe in Divine Love. That is the only thing I actually believe 100%. Everything else is extra. "Love God with all your heart, mind and soul and your neighbor as yourself". Jesus gave those two commandments as they are the whole Law of God. LOVE. That is what my beliefs teach me.

Your bible teaches the same thing yet I see so many bible christians being judgmental, condemning, angry, hateful and full of pride. I have yet to meet anyone from my beliefs who act like that. They aren't even remotely close. They are all full of love for one another and God.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Fundy....correct me if I'm wrong.....but it seems like you believe one can only "hear or learn" from God by the writings of the bible?
Yes and No.....You see if I heard something from God then how do I know or can prove to someone else what I heard is actually from God? SCRIPTURE! so if it is in scripture then why would God have to tell me something if it's already in scripture, why don't I just read it. Now I believe you can get a different interpretation from the Holy Spirit but it must be in line with scripture. So we are back at scripture.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:20 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,224,692 times
Quote:
Yes and No.....You see if I heard something from God then how do I know or can prove to someone else what I heard is actually from God? SCRIPTURE! so if it is in scripture then why would God have to tell me something if it's already in scripture, why don't I just read it. Now I believe you can get a different interpretation from the Holy Spirit but it must be in line with scripture. So we are back at scripture.
It is a shame that you base your criteria of hearing from God strictly from what is written verbatim in the bible.

I hear from God all the time through all differnt kinds of mediums, people, music, prayer, etc. What I hear is not always written verbatim in the bible but it does line up with what Jesus taught....so I can't discount it just because it's not in scripture.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
People who posted in this thread. Do you hate Jesus?
(Romans 8:7)
7because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,

Old 01-08-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
There's the rub, isn't it Fundy. The bible was a book written by man many years ago. It has been passed from one generation to another. Each time it's passed, the preachers and teachers tell you that you are going to burn in hell or that it's truely Gods word. After a while, people will start to believe it's true so then that gets passed from generation to generation untill a bunch of people believe it. Then, along comes a new revelation and because the men who believe the bible is the word of God, no other truth will be listened to no matter what.

The bible is not the word of God and was never intended to be that. The writers just wrote their own stories to pass on to their children. Write your own story, Fundy. Be the Love you were meant to be so that the Truth can fill your heart. Just BE Love. Love another even if they disagree with you. Love another even if they harm you. Love another even if they lie, cheat or steal. just Be in the world without being of it. Be Love. That is what Jesus wants and that is what God created us to be. LOVE.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:33 AM

125 posts, read 302,268 times
Quote:
The policy and procedure manual.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:02 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,834,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
There's the rub, isn't it Fundy. The bible was a book written by man many years ago. It has been passed from one generation to another. Each time it's passed, the preachers and teachers tell you that you are going to burn in hell or that it's truely Gods word. After a while, people will start to believe it's true so then that gets passed from generation to generation untill a bunch of people believe it. Then, along comes a new revelation and because the men who believe the bible is the word of God, no other truth will be listened to no matter what.

The bible is not the word of God and was never intended to be that. The writers just wrote their own stories to pass on to their children. Write your own story, Fundy. Be the Love you were meant to be so that the Truth can fill your heart. Just BE Love. Love another even if they disagree with you. Love another even if they harm you. Love another even if they lie, cheat or steal. just Be in the world without being of it. Be Love. That is what Jesus wants and that is what God created us to be. LOVE.
Do you believe God is big enough to have preserved His (written) Word to us? Did He choose not to, in your opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity