Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 11:25 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,443,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I thought I would bring this thread back to the top of the forum for anyone who might like the song. It is very soothing to listen to, and it is grace oriented.
Still soothing me today! Again...Thank you. Forget the naysayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 11:28 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Default It is beautiful

It is a beautiful song. So is one of my favorites, "Faith of Our Fathers", a message of perseverance

TENNESSEE ERNIE FORD - FAITH OF OUR FATHERS - YouTube

Faith of our fathers, living still,
In spite of dungeon, fire and sword;
O how our hearts beat high with joy
Whenever we hear that glorious Word!

Refrain

Faith of our fathers, holy faith!
We will be true to thee till death.

Faith of our fathers, we will strive
To win all nations unto Thee;
And through the truth that comes from God,
We all shall then be truly free.

Refrain

Faith of our fathers, we will love
Both friend and foe in all our strife;
And preach Thee, too, as love knows how
By kindly words and virtuous life.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:37 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Still soothing me today! Again...Thank you. Forget the naysayers.
Hi Betsey. You're welcome. I'm glad it still sooths you. And I hope all is well with you. Yeah, I don't why some people feel the need to come on and make negative comments as some have, but it is best to just ignore them.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
I love the old traditional songs and hearing "Rock of Ages" returned me to a very special little Church my mom took us to when I was small.. I was reminded of this song.

CHURCH IN THE WILDWOOD by Charlie Pride (see description for the Lyrics) - YouTube

Old 08-22-2013, 02:39 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I love the old traditional songs and hearing "Rock of Ages" returned me to a very special little Church my mom took us to when I was small.. I was reminded of this song.

CHURCH IN THE WILDWOOD by Charlie Pride (see description for the Lyrics) - YouTube
Miss Blue, this song has been going through my head for TWO DAYS now!! Puuullleeeasssse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity