Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:00 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,875 times

Advertisements

For the sake of conversation.......let's say it's all true. It happened and you don't know what to do, nor where to turn. This is not a remember "we told you so", it's help in what would be the darkest hours on the face of the Earth. Pass it on! Memorandum

Betsey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 09:05 AM

8,168 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Oh for goodness sakes.

Memorandum: God isn't so confusing or bizarre or weak that he would need human beings to post memorandums like this in order for HUMANS to HELP YOU escape being tortured for all eternity.

God is GOOD.
GOD IS LOVE.

Wherever you are in your beliefs or NON-belief... Know that GOD LOVES YOU. He will NEVER forsake you.

And He will NEVER play games like this with your soul. These are all vain imaginations of man.

Peace.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Oh for goodness sakes.

Memorandum: God isn't so confusing or bizarre or weak that he would need human beings to post memorandums like this in order for HUMANS to HELP YOU escape being tortured for all eternity.

God is GOOD.
GOD IS LOVE.

Wherever you are in your beliefs or NON-belief... Know that GOD LOVES YOU. He will NEVER forsake you.

And He will NEVER play games like this with your soul. These are all vain imaginations of man.

Peace.
God is Good, God is Love. There are so many names for Him, yes? God, He is also a God of Judgment, a name a lot of us so readily forgets...........

God bless your soul if "your there already".......but some aren't. Take it with a grain of salt perhaps?

PS: By the way, we are all 'vehicles' in which we are used to spread the good news......yes, for goodness sakes! Remember, He even used an ass! Isn't He awesome? That's what my God is.........A WONDER to behold!!

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 01-18-2010 at 09:24 AM..

Old 01-18-2010, 09:31 AM

Betsey...

Perfect love casts out all fear.
The creation was SUBJECTED to futility.
for a reason.
Not one will be lost.

peace to you.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Betsey...

Perfect love casts out all fear.
The creation was SUBJECTED to futility.
for a reason.
Not one will be lost.

peace to you.

The BIGGEST lie told from the beginning, still being spread in 2010! SIN and you shall not surely die, but.........

Sparrow.......if that works for you, that works for sparrow. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. My God is still in the saving business, a gift one MUST accept.................Final Answer!

Old 01-18-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The BIGGEST lie told from the beginning, still being spread in 2010! SIN and you shall not surely die, but.........

Sparrow.......if that works for you, that works for sparrow. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. My God is still in the saving business.................Final Answer!

hmmm. Please don't put words in my mouth, Betsey... I ask this in kindness. I never said anything about sin not leading to death.

Sin most certainly leads to death. Sin (non-love) is on the wide path to destruction. Human beings are NOT being destroyed, but their NON-LOVE (sin) in their heart is what is ultimately being destroyed. Until HE is ALL in ALL.

Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL mankind. He died for ALL even while we were IN our sin. Jesus Christ was victorious over death.

We don't choose Him.
He has ALREADY chosen us.

When you BELIEVE....

Jesus Christ is the saviour of all mankind, ESPECIALLY those who believe.

peace to you sister.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:10 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times
This univeralist nonsense will be the cause of many lost souls. I wouldn't want to be in those shoes. Oh, it's okay, it's okay....it'll all work out in the end. What work of fiction does that come from? It certainly is not from the Bible.

God is a GOOD God and He is a righteous God....there will literally be "hell" to pay for not accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. An eternal, firey hell. All will have ample time to accept or reject. It's a choice but make no mistake, God will not be mocked and He certainly won't be happy with the lies of universalism. Oh my.

Betsey I love Rapture Ready and I think this is a very good letter that hopefully will still be able to be viewed after the rapture. We can only pray.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:01 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

Sparrow.......if that works for you, that works for sparrow. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. My God is still in the saving business, a gift one MUST accept.................Final Answer!
Amen....Betsey !!! Yes, our God is in the saving business !!

Hmmmm.....SIN, what is SIN ?
There are some who teach that God does not take sin serious and one will go to eternal life because God is love.
Yes, God is Love, but God's love hates sin....and has given His creation the way of escape to come out from under their sin through Jesus Christ...!!
If one does not believe that one does not need to repent and turn to Christ for forgiveness of their sin, Born again, they will not inherit the kingdom of God...!

John 3:1-3
1Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews;
2this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."
Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

John 3:16
16"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Well, no where does it teach in the Scripture because God is love you will be saved.
God has confirmed that the Scripture definitely does not teach this lie, the TRUTH is that those who continue in their sin of unbelief and if they die in their sin, one will be eternally separated for God.

And the lie of the enemy (Satan) whom has been whispering this destructive lie to God's creation...."you shall surely not die," since the beginning of time......
He (Satan) is the one who keeps the people blinded in the darkness of sin from the Truth of God's gift of salvation through Jesus Christ !!

And Satan will even use the very words "God is love" you will not be separated from God for all eternity.
He is the father of lies and yes, he keeps deceiving the people to live in their sin, telling them it is OK, because he knows the consequences of those who will not believe and repent of their sin......yes, siree !!!

.....God looks upon SIN as being a very serious problem with the world.......
So, let us see what the Scripture says about SIN and the consequences of it if one does not repent !!!

1 Samuel 15:23
For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, He also has rejected you from being king.”

Ps. 38:3
There is no soundness in my flesh because of Your anger, Nor any health in my bones Because of my sin.

John 3:18-21
18"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19"This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.
20"For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
21"But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God."

Ps.51: 1-15
Have mercy upon me, O God,
According to Your lovingkindness;
According to the multitude of Your tender mercies,
Blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
And cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I acknowledge my transgressions,
And my sin is always before me.
4 Against You, You only, have I sinned,
And done this evil in Your sight—
That You may be found just when You speak,
And blameless when You judge.

5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me.
6 Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,
And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.

7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me hear joy and gladness,
That the bones You have broken may rejoice.
9 Hide Your face from my sins,
And blot out all my iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You.

14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
The God of my salvation,
And my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.
15 O Lord, open my lips,
And my mouth shall show forth Your praise.

Wow, it seems David saw the seriousness of his sin......and
repented !!

Prov. 10:16
The labor of the righteous leads to life, The wages of the wicked to sin.

Matt. 18:8-9
“If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.
And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

Now that is serious if Jesus tells us to cut off our hand, or pluck our eye out because of sin....that it is better to be lame or maimed to enter eternal life and not be cast into hell fire....!!!

Gal. 5:16-21
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

There is so much Scripture teaching on Sin.....and if one continues in it, they will not inherit the kingdom of God....

BUT...... there is HOPE from our dilemma of the problem with sin that lies in the heart of every person born.......we have is through JESUS CHRIST, who came to a world sick with sin, to bring to us the remedy of our sin....Yes, Hallelujah !!

2 Peter 3:13-16
Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;
15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

He is coming soon, for those who have this HOPE in their hearts, to deliver us from the world of darkness..... just like Betsey has said, over and over again....
Thank you, Lord Jesus, for giving us the Betsey's to warn us......

Come Lord Jesus.....

Blessings

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 01-18-2010 at 12:22 PM..

Old 01-18-2010, 12:10 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
I've often thought that if the rapture did actually happen, everyone else would know that it really was the rapture almost instantly. The rapture has achieved "pop-culture"/"joke" status in non-Christian circles. I mean I've even heard jokes about the rapture on the Jon Stewart Daily show. So if all the Christians did really disappear, I'm sure the rest of the world would be freaked out of their pants knowing the rapture came true.

I fail to see what the memo would achieve (other than silly propaganda to propagate the rapture myth).

Sorry if I sound harsh. I actually believed in the pre-trib rapture for a number of years, read 11 of LeHaye's books in the Left behind series.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:17 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
Let's say the idea of a Pre-trib Rapture is False. Isn't this a very dangerous teaching? You are running around telling everyone there's going to be a rapture of all believers, so you better become a believer now.

But the average atheist unbeliever says, Nah, I don't believe it. Who cares anyway, if the rapture happens, I'll become a believer at that point! Hey I get a second chance to repent then! And then the atheist carries on being an unbeliever....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity