Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 07:53 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,376,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Thanks Raelyn. Some of those verses I didn't have. I do now. Have you seen Isaiah 48:16 'Come close to Me, listen to this: since the beginning I (Jesus Christ) have not spoken in secret, since the time things began to be, I have been there; and now the Lord God and His Spirit have sent Me.'

That's the trinity in that passage and Jesus Himself is speaking.
Yes it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,263 times
Question I like this way of naiving God's proof that He was and always will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Did you know there was a time when Jehovah Witnesses believed Jesus was God in the form of a man. What happened?
But God the father was absolute MAN in the form of GOD. For being some son of Man Jesus then could be son of God.

Allah had no sons, and Mohammed had no... Yikes, this is a good one to think about. Jehovah's witnesses just want a free feeling for discussion.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:57 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,950 times
Quote:
That is because authority was GIVEN to Jesus, thereby making Him a god. Not making Him equal with God.
Wrong, Philippians 2:6-11 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,

Once again your words are not matching up with scripture. Jesus is not called a god, The Father called Him God. Provide me scripture where Jesus is called a god.

No it isn't.

Quote:
If I honor my father, and I honor my grandfather,,,that does not make them equal, does it. My gosh people. Why would Jesus state the Father has given Him authority in verse 27 if Jesus was already equal TO the Father. This illogical nonsense is actually getting old. Read the entire context. Jesus is only doing and saying what the FATHER TOLD HIM TO. Why? To execute the Father's will.
The nonsense is you are actually placing yourself and saying that if you honor your father or grandfather, would not place them on same equality. They are not God, they didn't create anything, so they don't even belong in the same sentence as honor pertaining to the Father and The Son.

Quote:
Duh,,I have already cited the verse to this. God is a term used for those in authority,,,IT IS NOT A PROPER NAME.
Provide the scripture that says or shows The Father calling anyone God!! I take it you didn't study or either don't understand John 10:34-36.

Quote:
Well, our Father who art in heaven,,,is NOT a man, period.
LOL, I never said that God the Father was ever a man. I see you have elementary interpretation. You take an entire scripture and interpret it wrong and say it is something that it is not. The verse never said anything about God never being a man, it said that God is not a man that He should lie or repent. LOL

Quote:
You read what is there. In fact read what Jesus said. It is there.
You are the one having a hard time reading what Jesus said is there.

John 20:28

And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Jesus didn't correct Thomas He even said you have seen me, you have believed. Your words don't stand up against Jesus.

Quote:
Exactly,,,,so explain this "mystery" to me. This same mystery that has been found since the beginnings of religion. This "godhead" 3=1 theology.
Before anyone can explain a mystery to you, someone would have to explain scripture to you. Because I see you are simply having a hard time reading what is provided.

You read simple scripture that says this and you misinterpret and say that the scripture says that God was never a man, when the scripture never even said that. LOL, show me scripture that says that God was never a man.

God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

Your words are falling under the scripture.

You say that Christ is the WORD

Quote:
Christ IS the WORD
And the bible says

John 1:1-5

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend[a] it.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 01-20-2010 at 09:15 PM..

Old 01-20-2010, 10:37 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,698 times
Quote:
Thanks Raelyn. Some of those verses I didn't have. I do now. Have you seen Isaiah 48:16 'Come close to Me, listen to this: since the beginning I (Jesus Christ) have not spoken in secret, since the time things began to be, I have been there; and now the Lord God and His Spirit have sent Me.'

That's the trinity in that passage and Jesus Himself is speaking.
That is awesome and no I have never seen that before.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:57 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
From my debates with Christy, she believes that Christ was conceived by a man, and not God in any way.

Secondly, you believe that Christ was anointed as God when He was baptized. Another lie. If you bothered to understand the Messianic prophecy of this event, you would understand it was an anointing and "green light" for the ministry to begin. Dan 9:24 - A miracle for John to confirm his solid belief in who He was and is.

Christ is not God the Father. He is God the Son. Get your facts straight.
And lastly: I can judge you in whatever way I want to, as long as it lines up with the gospel, and it does. Peace to you as well.

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?
Since you have not paid the least attention to what anyone posts let me post again what my views are regarding Jesus and The Christ:

Jesus was a man, a perfect man....which gave him the right to become The Christ (the annointing of The Mesiah). God gave him that special annointing at his baptism because of his perfect faithfulness and obedience...something we can all achieve. When did God say..."today I have begotten you"? So many try to take away from Jesus his great accomplishment of living a faithful, obedient and sinless life and call him God (they nullify his perfect life and make it of no effect)...and then they proceed to say that we cannot become like Jesus, holy and perfect as the Father is perfect. Jesus expressly told us that this was our calling....to become ONE with the Father, the same way he did...he showed us The Way to do it by having the same faithfulness and obedience that was in him and that he showed to God. We are all children of God, sons and daughters, we just have to live the same way Jesus did. This is what taking up your cross means. Why would Jesus tell us to be holy and perfect if we were not able to accomplish this? He wouldn't.

BTW....keep in mind this as you berate and judge others for what God has revealed to them: Matthew 7:2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:54 AM

33,227 posts, read 26,429,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Since you have not paid the least attention to what anyone posts let me post again what my views are regarding Jesus and The Christ:

Jesus was a man, a perfect man....which gave him the right to become The Christ (the annointing of The Mesiah). God gave him that special annointing at his baptism because of his perfect faithfulness and obedience...something we can all achieve. When did God say..."today I have begotten you"? So many try to take away from Jesus his great accomplishment of living a faithful, obedient and sinless life and call him God (they nullify his perfect life and make it of no effect)...and then they proceed to say that we cannot become like Jesus, holy and perfect as the Father is perfect. Jesus expressly told us that this was our calling....to become ONE with the Father, the same way he did...he showed us The Way to do it by having the same faithfulness and obedience that was in him and that he showed to God. We are all children of God, sons and daughters, we just have to live the same way Jesus did. This is what taking up your cross means. Why would Jesus tell us to be holy and perfect if we were not able to accomplish this? He wouldn't.

BTW....keep in mind this as you berate and judge others for what God has revealed to them: Matthew 7:2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.
Jesus was born perfect because He was born without a sin nature as a result of the virgin birth. Everyone else is born with a sin nature and therefore spiritually dead with no relationship with God. Therefore no one can earn or deserve anything from God except eternal condemnation to the lake of fire. The only way to avoid that appointment with the second death is through faith in Christ.

We are NOT all children of God. Only those who accept God's offer of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ become children of God through adoption. Eph. 1:5 'He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will.'' (Oh, and by the way, another poster objected to calling Jesus 'Jesus Christ' and yet here it is in the Bible. Imagine that.)

Jesus Christ is God from the reaches of eternity past. He has always existed as God. It was only his humanity that was born some two thousand years ago. The Scriptures that declare that fact have already been given in other posts.

You fool yourself to think that God has revealed to you that Jesus is not God. You've bought into a Satanic lie that has deceived many.

Obedience to Christ, picking up your cross and following Christ. Yes, the believer is commanded to do so. That results in experiential sanctification, the advancement to spiritual maturity. That is done by learning and applying Bible doctrine,

But Positionally, the believer is seen by God as a mature son at the moment he believes in Christ. Apart from anything the believer does to earn it. It is what God has done for the believer. Not what the believer has earned through any effort on his own part. The believer does not become one with the Father by his efforts. The moment a person believes in Christ for salvation he is placed into union with Christ through the baptism of the Holy Spirit.(1 Cor. 12:13 ''For by one Spirit you were all baptized into one body...'') From the moment of salvation, the believer is positionally perfected forever. (Heb. 10:14 'For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.) He is in Christ and Christ indwells him. God the Father and God the Holy Spirit also indwell the body of the believer from the moment of salvation. It is the result of simply making a single decision to believe in Christ for salvation.

Because of positional sanctification, a believer is seen already perfect. POSITIONALY. Because of the imputation of divine righteousness at salvation, a believer is declared by God to be JUSTIFIED. Therefore he can never lose his salvation. The matter is out of his hands.

As a result of being POSITIONALLY sanctified the believer is commanded to become EXPERIENTIALLY sanctified. But whether or not he does depends on his choices regarding learning and applying the word of God to his life.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Jesus was born perfect because He was born without a sin nature as a result of the virgin birth. Everyone else is born with a sin nature and therefore spiritually dead with no relationship with God. Therefore no one can earn or deserve anything from God except eternal condemnation to the lake of fire. The only way to avoid that appointment with the second death is through faith in Christ.

We are NOT all children of God. Only those who accept God's offer of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ become children of God through adoption. Eph. 1:5 'He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will.'' (Oh, and by the way, another poster objected to calling Jesus 'Jesus Christ' and yet here it is in the Bible. Imagine that.)

Jesus Christ is God from the reaches of eternity past. He has always existed as God. It was only his humanity that was born some two thousand years ago. The Scriptures that declare that fact have already been given in other posts.

You fool yourself to think that God has revealed to you that Jesus is not God. You've bought into a Satanic lie that has deceived many.

Obedience to Christ, picking up your cross and following Christ. Yes, the believer is commanded to do so. That results in experiential sanctification, the advancement to spiritual maturity. That is done by learning and applying Bible doctrine,

But Positionally, the believer is seen by God as a mature son at the moment he believes in Christ. Apart from anything the believer does to earn it. It is what God has done for the believer. Not what the believer has earned through any effort on his own part. The believer does not become one with the Father by his efforts. The moment a person believes in Christ for salvation he is placed into union with Christ through the baptism of the Holy Spirit.(1 Cor. 12:13 ''For by one Spirit you were all baptized into one body...'') From the moment of salvation, the believer is positionally perfected forever. (Heb. 10:14 'For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.) He is in Christ and Christ indwells him. God the Father and God the Holy Spirit also indwell the body of the believer from the moment of salvation. It is the result of simply making a single decision to believe in Christ for salvation.

Because of positional sanctification, a believer is seen already perfect. POSITIONALY. Because of the imputation of divine righteousness at salvation, a believer is declared by God to be JUSTIFIED. Therefore he can never lose his salvation. The matter is out of his hands.

As a result of being POSITIONALLY sanctified the believer is commanded to become EXPERIENTIALLY sanctified. But whether or not he does depends on his choices regarding learning and applying the word of God to his life.
You're version is quite different from Jesus version little goat.....I will stick with Jesus.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:52 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You're version is quite different from Jesus version little goat.....I will stick with Jesus.
Curious what version bible do you use?

Old 01-22-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Curious what version bible do you use?
I use several, KJV, NKJV, NIV, NLT, NASB, NRSV, ESV, AMP, etc...I probably own just about every version of the bible there is...along with many Hebrew/Greek Interlinear Bibles, as well as several Hebrew/Greek software packages. There are also very reliable sites online, BlueLetterBible.com, Biblos.com, Biblegateway.co, etc. I am extremely well versed in what the bible actually says and not what everyone think it says...it requires breaking down every word that is written but it is well worth knowing the truth in the end instead of taking a translators word for it. I don't take anyone's word for what is written in scripture like most....I actually study and find out what it says so there is no speculation.

I also converse with many scholars as well as Jewish Rabbis when I need understanding of the Greek & Hebrew and how certain words were used. The Hebrew thought regarding John 1:1 is very understandable if you go to straight to the people who actually understand what was meant by that statement.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:25 PM

768 posts, read 1,087,861 times
Quote:
Jesus Christ is God Incarnate. God manifest in the flesh. This is the declaration of the Word of God. The Holy Bible.

Philippians 2:5-8 'Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus, 6) Who ( Jesus Christ), being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God, 7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men. 8) And, being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

John 1:1,14 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 14) And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Matthew 1:23 ''Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,'' which translated means, ''God with us.''

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached into the nations, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

And this is the reason that God manifested Himself in the flesh.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Jesus said to Martha,

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, ''I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies. 26) and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?''

Concerning the jailer in Thyatira,

Acts 16:30,31,34 'And after he brought them out, he said ''Sirs, what must I do to be saved?'' 31) And they said, ''Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved, you and your household.'' 34) And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, having believed in God with his whole household.

Understanding the issue, that you are a sinner and are lost, and can do nothing to save yourself, but that God in grace, came into the world as the perfect God-Man Jesus Christ, and went to the Cross as a subtitute for you, and in his humanity, he was judged for you, in your place, and that He died for you and was resurrected on the third day, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father; in understanding this, and wanting an eternal relationship with God through Christ, simply place your complete trust-dependance-faith-belief in Christ who purchased you from the slave market of sin, and in an instant, in a moment of time, you have eternal life and eternal security forever. In that instant, you have been transferred from the kingdom of Satan, into the kingdom of the beloved Son (Col. 1:13).

In that moment God graciously gives to you 40 grace gifts.

The Grace Gifts given at Salvation - Publications - Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries / Grace Bible Church - bible doctrine truth in Christ

Having then received the gift of salvation, the first thing you must learn is how to recover from sin commited after salvation.

Doctrine of Rebound (http://jrcyouth.com/love1.htm - broken link)

As a believer God expects you to grow up spiritually.

2 Peter 3:18 'But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and forever. Amen.
Can you prove all of this without alluding to the Bible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity