Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 02:11 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You didn't know It was there, because love is namby pamby, Barney hippie doctrine in your mind . You don't love yourself,and in not doing so cannot love your neighbor. You need to resign from being a pastor.
Is this your way of loving your neighbor? You keep talking about love, and at the same sime you continue to prove you do not understand the meaning of the word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 02:16 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is this your way of loving your neighbor? You keep talking about love, and at the same sime you continue to prove you do not understand the meaning of the word.
Who is it that keeps telling us that correcting is showing love?

Old 05-25-2013, 02:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Can I create an apple tree in my yard by hanging apples on the Maple tree?
Does that Maple tree become an apple tree because we hang fruit on it?

Or do the apples that I may see on a tree simply indicate the type of tree it is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Depends, is it a tree of knowledge or one of life?
Quote:
huh?
Read 1 Corinthians 13

"Love supercedes faith; and that of knowledge."

Old 05-25-2013, 02:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
What is it that I said wrong ?. I would never go to a church again where a bible believing pastor doubted
that love your neighbor as yourself was in the scriptures. Just like
You would never attend a church that did not believe eternal is in the scripture.
Not understanding that you cannot love others unless you love
yourself is why the inerrantist continue to condemn that which
he disapproves of and calls it love or the truth.

Last edited by pcamps; 05-25-2013 at 03:11 PM..

Old 05-25-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Who is it that keeps telling us that correcting is showing love?
I believe love is corrective, when you see love it corrects you, unless your heart is so hardened to think just because you have said ' I believe in Jesus and the bible", you don't need correcting.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:08 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Read 1 Corinthians 13

"Love supercedes faith; and that of knowledge."
What does that chapter have to do with this discussion? It's not speaking of salvation issues. Can you try to stay on topic?

Old 05-25-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
I never said Matt 5 is not true. Why do you speak as if I had argued it is not true?

You are the one who dismisses most of the Bible, not me.
Who said you believe Matt 5 is not true?.

Quote:
That, and many other things.

“Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. "

Quote:
but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. Do you remember the days when you were condemned already ?.

Believes what ?.....what Jesus taught. Homework for you today Mr Jarber is Matt 5, and maybe pondering on Jesus' words of "by this shall all men know you are my disciples that you have love for one another". In otherwords no one is going to take a blind bit of notice of you and become disciples of the way(the love of God) unless you have love one for another, know matter how much so called truth you think you have.
If you read Matt 5 you would know the crux of the teaching of Jesus Christ.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Please point me at the verse where Jesus told us to Love our neighbor as ourselves. Can you do that?
Years ago riding on a training with my 2 kids for a vacation to Great Yarmouth England,i remember seeing this verse of scripture on the front cover of a quarterly messianic magazine I subscribed to. I can honestly say I was so challenged by it I was riveted by it, never have I ever been so challenged by scripture before or since.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:23 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Years ago riding on a training with my 2 kids for a vacation to Great Yarmouth England,i remember seeing this verse of scripture on the front cover of a quarterly messianic magazine I subscribed to. I can honestly say I was so challenged by it I was riveted by it, never have I ever been so challenged by scripture before or since.
still waiting.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
What does that chapter have to do with this discussion?
It's not speaking of salvation issues.

Can you try to stay on topic?
Which topic would you prefer?

1) Self professing born again Christians.
2) Hated by the World because of ignorance.
3) That of believing, which is not faith.
4) Apple Trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity