Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 03:03 PM

302 posts, read 554,741 times

Advertisements

"Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily." Colossians 1:26-29

Friends, We will never come to a unity of the faith until we abandon our opinions and use the Bible to establish truth.

It is true that the Holy Spirit was with and came upon the Old Testament saints and the disciples of Jesus --but He was not in them until after the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The miracles were done in the name (or authority) of Jesus Christ.

The Scriptures say explicitly that the disciples received the indwelling Holy Spirit after the Resurrection.

"And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:"
John 20:22

Then later - after a time of testing, and waiting earnestly, they received "the promise of the Father" which is the Spirit of Christ.

"And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me." Acts 1:4

Look! They had already received the indwelling Holy Spirit of God. Now think about this: On the day of Pentecost, the apostles received another comforter; The Spirit Of Christ. They had received the promise of the Father, the adoption as sons.!!!

Donna Kupp

"In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) John 7:37-39

Dear Reader,

I invite you to my free website where you can read more about The Adoption Of Sons.

The Seven Deadly Deceptions Of Counterfeit Christianity
freetruth.info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 03:09 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,171,728 times
Isn't this what scg was discussing in his thread? Maybe reply in there?

Old 01-27-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Isn't this what scg was discussing in his thread? Maybe reply in there?
This thread is about "Another Comforter" The Spirit of Christ. I am making a separate thread because there is a distinction between The Holy Spirit and The Spirit Of Christ.

Donna

Old 01-27-2009, 03:52 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,206,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
This thread is about "Another Comforter" The Spirit of Christ. I am making a separate thread because there is a distinction between The Holy Spirit and The Spirit Of Christ.

Donna
The Spirit will only testify of the Son - same Spirit.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,994,892 times
Quote:

Donna
Would you please supply Scripture to prove your statement? Thx

Old 01-27-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Would you please supply Scripture to prove your statement? Thx
Yes, We can prove it. It is too difficult to send the graphics of our study here; but it is set up on this free website: The Adoption Of Sons

freetruth.info

Old 01-27-2009, 08:03 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,673,517 times
Quote:
"Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily." Colossians 1:26-29

Friends, We will never come to a unity of the faith until we abandon our opinions and use the Bible to establish truth.

It is true that the Holy Spirit was with and came upon the Old Testament saints and the disciples of Jesus --but He was not in them until after the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The miracles were done in the name (or authority) of Jesus Christ.

The Scriptures say explicitly that the disciples received the indwelling Holy Spirit after the Resurrection.

"And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:"
John 20:22

Then later - after a time of testing, and waiting earnestly, they received "the promise of the Father" which is the Spirit of Christ.

"And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me." Acts 1:4

Look! They had already received the indwelling Holy Spirit of God. Now think about this: On the day of Pentecost, the apostles received another comforter; The Spirit Of Christ. They had received the promise of the Father, the adoption as sons.!!!

Donna Kupp

"In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) John 7:37-39

Dear Reader,

I invite you to my free website where you can read more about The Adoption Of Sons.

freetruth.info
Dear Donna......what an amazing mystery to be uncovered!! Hallelujuah! Glory be to God! Christ in us...the hope of glory! God gave this "key" word to me about a month ago...and I began a study on the "mysteries" of the gospel...In my studying, I have uncovered only more wonderful questions that take me ever so deep into the Word of God to find answers for! Then, I read your study on "The Adoption of Sons"...GLORY!!!!..is all I can say! THEN, I read this thread you began! You see, way before you even came into the picture here on this forum...way before I even came into the picture here on this forum...I have been on this quest to KNOW GOD! I mean to REALLY know Him...not what other people say about what they think they know...because WHO can say they really KNOW? NOT ONE! Not even me. I feel it is our own, personal responsibility to go line upon line...precept upon precept. It's about us finding truth. What is truth? What really IS truth? Everyone here has their own version of "truth!" There are as many "truths" as there are people...and I am only one of many seeking to find THIS TRUTH...THE TRUTH! My truth comes in the hearing...and the seeing of things that can not be heard or seen in the natural...my truth comes from the unfolding of precepts...layers upon layers of a wonderful mystery to be uncovered!...things unseen by the natural eye...things unheard of by the natural ear...and I am not phased if others don't like what I believe...the attack upon you leaves me stunned...threads insinuating that I am being lead by Satan! My God...where does this come from? Incredible! Thats' o.k. though...I can take it..I can take it just fine!! All this going on about how you'll know the fruits of someone by the words they speak?!!!!???!????! It's almost laughable! Have you who are guilty of this read what you've been posting? Where's the love!!!???!........................... stick a fork in me!...I'm done! NOT done posting... no way! You can't get rid of me that easily!!...just DONE! God help me if I'm ever found to be accusing another sister or brother in Christ of serving Satan! In who's heart is the ACCUSER now?.....you are SO wrong!!!

Donna...excellant threads you've offered to us...and I for one am grateful for them! A glorious light has been cast upon the mysteries of the scripture for me...I am finding my truth! Praise God in heaven!! I am so happy to have learned what I have learned,...the experiences that I have been going through, the lessons I am learning...the character that is being developed within me...the growth is unbelievable...and I love God...Jesus Christ...the Precious Holy Spirit...the Christian way...the Gospel of Jesus Christ...ALL of my brothers and sisters in Christ...all that is of God I love earnestly, and no one can take that away from me! I pray that you will continue to post here...much can be learned from your deep, earnest, heart felt studies! You have much wisdom......God Bless you! Striving to be all that God wills for me to be...the exception, and not the rule!!...Love and Peace to your heart!

Old 01-27-2009, 10:55 PM

Default Eye hath not seen ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Dear Donna......what an amazing mystery to be uncovered!! Hallelujuah! Glory be to God! Christ in us...the hope of glory! God gave this "key" word to me about a month ago...and I began a study on the "mysteries" of the gospel...In my studying, I have uncovered only more wonderful questions that take me ever so deep into the Word of God to find answers for! Then, I read your study on "The Adoption of Sons"...GLORY!!!!..is all I can say! THEN, I read this thread you began! You see, way before you even came into the picture here on this forum...way before I even came into the picture here on this forum...I have been on this quest to KNOW GOD! I mean to REALLY know Him...not what other people say about what they think they know...because WHO can say they really KNOW? NOT ONE! Not even me. I feel it is our own, personal responsibility to go line upon line...precept upon precept. It's about us finding truth. What is truth? What really IS truth? Everyone here has their own version of "truth!" There are as many "truths" as there are people...and I am only one of many seeking to find THIS TRUTH...THE TRUTH! My truth comes in the hearing...and the seeing of things that can not be heard or seen in the natural...my truth comes from the unfolding of precepts...layers upon layers of a wonderful mystery to be uncovered!...things unseen by the natural eye...things unheard of by the natural ear...and I am not phased if others don't like what I believe...the attack upon you leaves me stunned...threads insinuating that I am being lead by Satan! My God...where does this come from? Incredible! Thats' o.k. though...I can take it..I can take it just fine!! All this going on about how you'll know the fruits of someone by the words they speak?!!!!???!????! It's almost laughable! Have you who are guilty of this read what you've been posting? Where's the love!!!???!........................... stick a fork in me!...I'm done! NOT done posting... no way! You can't get rid of me that easily!!...just DONE! God help me if I'm ever found to be accusing another sister or brother in Christ of serving Satan! In who's heart is the ACCUSER now?.....you are SO wrong!!!

Donna...excellant threads you've offered to us...and I for one am grateful for them! A glorious light has been cast upon the mysteries of the scripture for me...I am finding my truth! Praise God in heaven!! I am so happy to have learned what I have learned,...the experiences that I have been going through, the lessons I am learning...the character that is being developed within me...the growth is unbelievable...and I love God...Jesus Christ...the Precious Holy Spirit...the Christian way...the Gospel of Jesus Christ...ALL of my brothers and sisters in Christ...all that is of God I love earnestly, and no one can take that away from me! I pray that you will continue to post here...much can be learned from your deep, earnest, heart felt studies! You have much wisdom......God Bless you! Striving to be all that God wills for me to be...the exception, and not the rule!!...Love and Peace to your heart!
Verna,

God knows the joy that fills my heart as I see you pressing on toward the prize. I believe that you and I have become aware of how our brother Paul felt when he wrote these words:

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
1 Corinthians 2:9

It has been my blessing to post on City-Data Forum and I have no plans to leave. My love extends to everyone and I pray that I can be a blessing to all of you.

Truly, my cup runneth over.

Donna Kupp

Old 01-27-2009, 11:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,673,517 times
Quote:
Verna,

God knows the joy that fills my heart as I see you pressing on toward the prize. I believe that you and I have become aware of how our brother Paul felt when he wrote these words:

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
1 Corinthians 2:9

It has been my blessing to post on City-Data Forum and I have no plans to leave. My love extends to everyone and I pray that I can be a blessing to all of you.

Truly, my cup runneth over.

Donna Kupp
.............onward!!!! AMEN!!!! LOVE YOU!!

Old 01-28-2009, 03:21 AM

381 posts, read 800,208 times
Dear Donna,

this post and the others leave me baffled. you lashed out against grace even though we find the writer of Hebrews even suggesting Jesus was under grace in Heb2:9

I debated your message and bear no ill will. I cetainly didn't start the "led by satan" thread.

"this hope of glory" that you mention is exactly why the doctrine of grace so abundantly driven home by Paul has to be basis to continue on the race you cite as well. In races, runners stumble, but as Paul said, we have this assurance and this hope of glory.

if I have offended you in any way, I ask your forgiveness in Christ Jesus and simply ask you to accept my apology. I'm passionate about the promises of God through Christ as well and I can see that you are too.

Peace be with you..have a nice day.

Dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity