Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2013, 09:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,420,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Excellent quote! Many people say the God of the old testament is a God of wrath, but that Jesus in the new testament is a God of love. But Jesus said that He and the Father are one, that He who has seen Jesus has seen the Father. By the way, man has free will. Men are told over and over, be obedient and have life. If we obey the deceitful words of Satan, the consequence of that is eternal death. God wishes that all would come to repentance, but if we play around and believe Satan when he turns the Word of God into a lie, we are risking eternal damnation. We need to make the right choice in this life.
So, you believe love and belligerence are good ingredients for a relationship?
Personally, I would say, they are adversarial and opposite in nature.

But you are welcome to live in apprehension or fear, if you desire.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 09:07 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
From my point of view, friend, you have that backwards. It's the premise of fear that prevents people from believing the truth because they don't want it to be true. Everything I've presented has been backed up by the scriptures and is not opinion based. I haven't attempted to justify the truth with quotes from mere men. I believe in the whole counsel of Jesus, not just the feel good stuff.

Warning people about the consequences of their decision to reject Jesus and His teachings about hell is an act of love and caring about people's eternal souls.

I pray that people will not take my word, or anyone else's of an opposing view, for any of this. I pray that every person will take the time to search this out for themselves in careful and prayerful study of the scriptures, asking the Holy Spirit to show them the truth. As a believer in Christ for almost 30 years, I have prayed, fasted and studied over the scriptures time and time again.
Come to your senses man!!!!!!!!!. I have never heard anything so absurd as you will be punished with eternal for not believing that God love us( because that is what you are saying) The good news is not believe I love you and be saved from eternal hell, it's he came and preached peace to those who were near and those who are afar of, we are ambassadors of that gospel of peace

If you have studied the scriptures for 30 years you will have no issue backing up your belief with scripture that Jesus Christ saved us fom eternal hell. I have believed since 1984 and read the scriptures daily since then, but that doesn't prove anything.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:13 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,656,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, you believe love and belligerence are good ingredients for a relationship?
Personally, I would say, they are adversarial and opposite in nature.

But you are welcome to live in apprehension or fear, if you desire.
For unbelievers, the fear of God is the fear of the judgment of God and eternal death, which is eternal separation from God.

Luke 12:5, "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!"

Hebrews 10:31, "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

For true Christians, the fear of God is something much different. The believer's fear is the reverence of God.

Hebrews 12:28-29 "Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our ’God is a consuming fire.’"

This reverence and awe is exactly what the fear of God means for Christians. It's the motivating factor for us to surrender to the Creator of the Universe.

The distinction between the two types of the fear of God is as different as night and day. The type of fear you keep referencing is the fear of the unbeliever.

Do you have proof, evidence, scriptures or sources to support your belief? I have given mine.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Come to your senses man!!!!!!!!!. I have never heard anything so absurd as you will be punished with eternal for not believing that God love us( because that is what you are saying) The good news is not believe I love you and be saved from eternal hell, it's he came and preached peace to those who were near and those who are afar of, we are ambassadors of that gospel of peace

If you have studied the scriptures for 30 years you will have no issue backing up your belief with scripture that Jesus Christ saved us fom eternal hell. I have believed since 1984 and read the scriptures daily since then, but that doesn't prove anything.
Then you are calling the scriptures, God's Word, "absurd" and your beef is with Him. I have given scripture after scripture to support every statement I've made. Where's your evidence of the non-existence of hell or eternal damnation?

Old 06-02-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Come to your senses man!!!!!!!!!. I have never heard anything so absurd as you will be punished with eternal for not believing that God love us (because that is what you are saying) The good news is not believe I love you and be saved from eternal hell, it's he came and preached peace to those who were near and those who are afar of, we are ambassadors of that gospel of peace

If you have studied the scriptures for 30 years you will have no issue backing up your belief with scripture that Jesus Christ saved us from eternal hell. I have believed since 1984 and read the scriptures daily since then, but that doesn't prove anything.
Quote:
I have given scripture after scripture to support every statement I've made. Where's your evidence of the non-existence of hell or eternal damnation?
When you have the ability to reason, and don't.
You are without an excuse.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-02-2013 at 09:28 PM..

Old 06-02-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
When you have the ability to reason, and don't.
You are without an excuse.
That's your motto. Here's God's:

Romans 1:20, "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

Old 06-02-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
That's your motto. Here's God's:

Romans 1:20, "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."
Yep, and I didn't create myself.
He gave me the ability to reason.
That which you cannot see.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Yep, and I didn't create myself.
He gave me the ability to reason.
That which you cannot see.
Exactly. He gave you the ability to reason, but you DID created it yourself because it doesn't line up with HIS word.
You can say all the clever and witty things you want but, without scripture to back it up... it ALL comes from you.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Exactly. He gave you the ability to reason, but you DID create it yourself because it doesn't line up with HIS word.
You can say all the clever and witty things you want but, without scripture to back it up... it ALL comes from you.
According to your understanding or interpretation.
But that's another artistic and creative work of man.

"The more information you gather; the more apt you are to discern the truth."

Old 06-02-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
According to your understanding or interpretation.
But that's another artistic and creative work of man.

"The more information you gather; the more apt you are to discern the truth."
The difference between our views is telling: You quote people as your sources for eternal wisdom and guidance. People are fallible, limited, selfish and sinful in nature. I quote God, who is perfect, omniscient, omnipresent, all-powerful, sovereign and the Creator of all the sinful people you quote.

I wouldn't dare trust my eternity to the words and wisdom of men, including myself. You're a braver man than I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity