Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 03:36 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
To blasphemy the Holy Spirit means to totaly reject Jesus Christ. Also someone on here said that God saves everybody. God doesn`t save everybody because not everybody wants Him.The Bible speaks about this many times.
I don't see that in the scripture reference where Christ talks about it as total rejection...it indicates attributing to satan what is clearly the work of God...
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 02:21 AM

1 posts, read 5,897 times
I myself thought that I committed the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. I was hearing a voice in my head to curse the Holy Spirit about three years ago. At first, I can't understand it, but as days go by, it became louder and louder in my head. I was very depressed one day, and I was alone in my room when I uttered the words " I hope the HOly Spirit did not exist." After that, I was very, very afraid. I kept it to myself, and I knew I am doomed to go to hell. I did'nt seek help from my family or from the church, because I was afraid they can't understand me. I became paranoid of dying. But I continued attending Sunday services with my family , hoping that God will reveal to me that He can still forgive me.

I was in that awful situation for more than 3 years. Last year, I attended a retreat in ou church, and GOd did a miracle. During the first day , I wrote in a small piece of paper and prayed that God would send someone to tell me that God still loves me. When the pastor laid his hands on me, I began to spoke in tongues. In the third day, a fellow churchmate who didn't know about my problem approached me and told me God's message for me- that HE never left me during those times, and that HE loves me very, very much. Thank God I was freed from that bondage!

Old 04-23-2010, 07:13 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I don't see that in the scripture reference where Christ talks about it as total rejection...it indicates attributing to satan what is clearly the work of God...
OR . . . attributing to God what is clearly the work of Satan (ET).

Old 04-24-2010, 05:55 PM

433 posts, read 587,428 times
If you were not speaking on behave of God all the time, you are not running into any danger blasphemy.

So, ask this question to yourself all the time "did God really say that?" -- if you pass the test, you are fine. Otherwise, who knows.

Also, "interpreting God", ask this question to yourself all the time "was that what God really mean?" -- if you pass the test, you are fine. Otherwise, who knows.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Trimac, it is the devil tormenting you, trying to convince you that you somehow have "blasphemed against the Holy Ghost", in your thought life, that therefore "now you are lost for sure, and you might just as well give up right now, etc, etc". Well, guess what: the Bible says the devil is a liar, and the Father of lies! Don't buy that lie that you've blasphemed the Holy Spirit! From reading your post, I am absolutely sure you have not committed the unforgiveable sin. Having doubtful thoughts is not the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.

Read this Bible passage from the book of Matthew:

22 Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and[e] mute man both spoke and saw. 23 And all the multitudes were amazed and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”
24 Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub,[f] the ruler of the demons.”
25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? 27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. 28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 Or how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

So...from reading the above scripture, we may learn what exactly is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Jesus had just healed and delivered a man, by the power of the Holy Spirit, right in front of everybody...the people all saw him do it. But the Pharisees, when they heard of it, then said to the public: "no, Jesus does all that by the power of Satan, it's not the Holy Spirit!". They attributed the wonderful power and works of the Holy Spirit as being "of the devil", and declared so publicly, outloud, where everyone heard their accusation. THAT is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. It is accusing the works of the Holy Spirit as being "of the devil, not of God, demonic, etc". It is akin to telling the Holy Spirit that He is the devil...doing the works of the devil...

Notice the word "therefore" in verse 31? That word "therefore" ties together the events of verses 22-30 with His warning in verses 31-32. That's how we know what the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is...

You didn't do that, so I'm thinking what you've got is the good old Godly fear of the Lord. That's good...we ought to fear Him...in a reverant, respectful sort of way. If you did something wrong, just tell Him you are sorry, to forgive you, that you won't do it again, and then continue on with your Christian walk. Tell Satan you're not buying his lie, and to "get lost", stop bothering you. And don't worry...you didn't commit the unforgiveable sin!

Bud
Good deductive reasoning there bud...not many people gleen that from there...many long time christians just say that they do not know what the blasphemy is...

Old 06-28-2010, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 5,785 times
Hey im acctually dealing with this same problem, When I was first saved I was worried about this verse at about age 11, And when I was 19 a demonic expericence brang me running back to the lord after getting into alot of drugs and using the oujia board, Well before I returned to the lord this demon was putting all kinds of crude evil thoughts in my head, Well when I came back to the lord I was plagued by guilt from previous sin and some thoughts I used to have when I was younger, at time I thought god was going to make me into the person my worst thoughts made me out to be, I got confused many times always realizing that the lord was good and A life full of love was beautiful but sometimes wondering if good was bad and bad was good.. Well one day I smoked pot and I had a thought while watching a chritian program that mentioned the holy spirit " the sprit of perversion" I now wonder if my mind in an atempt to return to my old life style found a way to forever seperate me from the lord, Its been about a month and ive had ups and downs but im having serious doubts at this point sometimes wondering if this is all even real I dont even know I keep dericting my thoughts in a diffrent direcetion but sometimes I feel like this is my destiney to be dammed and to tell others about christ so they dont recieve the same faith, I still witness to people and truly belive that jesus is lord and that he loves everyone but I feel like he loves the whole world but me .. I really dont know what to do about this myself there much more to my story if u ever want to talk, ive olny had a real realtionship with christ for like 3-4 months..

Old 11-25-2012, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,125 times
John,

I DID blashpheme the Holy Spirit and believe me, you know when you've done it. The Holy Spirit came to me in my mind immediately after I did it and spoke to my mind very clearly. He said you know that what you did was wrong and I agreed and then he left me - he removed himself from me. He removed himself regarding the specific issue about which I denied his presence. Instead of admitting that the very strong feelings I was having were coming from the Holy Spirit, I purposely attributed them to an evil source and decided to completely ignore them. It is pure agony. It feels as though I have lost half of my soul. I can feel nothing, just blankness, regarding something that used to be a source of intense, wonderful, passionate, loving, God-like feelings.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:31 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,071,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleMistake View Post
John,

I DID blashpheme the Holy Spirit and believe me, you know when you've done it. The Holy Spirit came to me in my mind immediately after I did it and spoke to my mind very clearly. He said you know that what you did was wrong and I agreed and then he left me - he removed himself from me. He removed himself regarding the specific issue about which I denied his presence. Instead of admitting that the very strong feelings I was having were coming from the Holy Spirit, I purposely attributed them to an evil source and decided to completely ignore them. It is pure agony. It feels as though I have lost half of my soul. I can feel nothing, just blankness, regarding something that used to be a source of intense, wonderful, passionate, loving, God-like feelings.
How can you be sure you are not just being tricked by an evil demon right now. and If you Believe with all your heart that Jesus has forgiven you, he will come back? Isn't it at least worth a shot? But you really, really, sincerely, have to accept and believe it. What do you have to loose?

Old 11-25-2012, 06:48 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm a Christian but I have to admit I'm not always very faithful. Anyway, for awhile now I have been suffering from anxiety, partly caused by obsessive religion thoughts. They main centered on God's character; I would obsess about his justice, the fact he would send people to hell, ideas like pre-destination, the evil in the world, the fact when Christ returns he will judge the world violently, as in Revelation. Sometimes I would get so fearful I would forget the loving part of his nature and he would appear almost like an ogre in my mind. I always tried to dam up these thoughts before they would drive me insane.

Anyway, a couple of nights ago I was in a depressive mood when I thought about God I could only see him as being angry, and wrathful; i.e. that part of his personality. I felt he was merciless and hard to talk to. I know I shouldn't have been dwelling so much on it, but I continued to. Anyway, it got to the point where I thought that maybe God wasn't essentially good. Now I know he is, and believe that fully, but at the time, the Devil used fear to trick or try to convince me into believing otherwise. It's hard to explain; a part of me knew I was being deceived, yet a part of me - the fearful part - had the FEELING I was convinced it was true. This led to me thinking about the verses in the Bible where Jesus talks about the sin that will not be forgiven, and then I thought about the Holy Spirit. If God might not be good, and even evil, what if the Holy Spirit was? At the time I seemed to be convinced the Holy Spirit was somehow sinister; not that he was the Devil or anything, but that he wasn't all good and all Holy. I knew, deep down, these thoughts were false, and it seemed like someone else was putting them in there. For what seemed like 10 whole minutes I thought I believed this dreadful lie. I prayed to the Lord to deliver me, and after those 10 minutes I seemed to recover and the thought seemed so absurd and unbelievable. Yet there still remained a seed of doubt: 'what if?'

I was mortified that I had somehow thought something so offensive, so false and abominable about the Holy Spirit, that I had commited blasphemy in thought. I worried and worried, until the fear returned the next day, and the same thing happened. If I worried I did it and was damned forever the Devil would put the idea into my head that 'God is Evil'; it seemed so because he would cause me so much pain. Yet still I realised his holiness and his omnipotence; yet because of the fear he caused, the fearing part of my mind associated him with a sort of dreadfulness; I almost felt like one opposing God, even though I have never, ever wanted to or even felt tempted to, always understood who he was and his essential goodness. It was like I was experiencing the fear of his wrath. That flash when I felt God seemed evil made me think I had commited the sin. I feared that the Holy Spirit might have left me because I had become His enemy!

This, too, seemed to last about 10-15 minutes. Then the thoughts largely left me; but would still nag me from time to time. The attacks seemed to come out of the blue, and cause me to panic.

Even though I had no control over the thoughts, I sincerely repent of them and having the negative thoughts that preceded them. I prayed and tried to calm myself by reading the Bible, and don't THINK I have, but I still worry about WHAT IF? I can honestly say I had no control over my thoughts; it was like, when I was having them I couldn't believe I was having them. I sincerely believe Satan was using them to doubt my own attitude towards God; what I worry is, that even if I did it out of ignorance or fear (like the Pharisees) it would still be unacceptable and unforgivable. I think it would grossly unfair because I really didn't do it willfully at all, and all I want is to feel the same love and the dwelling of the Spirit. Yet I feel I have so shamed him that he would not dwell in me anymore, and I can't have the same love anymore.

I apologize if this was a bit long. I can't concentrate or think of anything else, it is tormenting me. I read up alot on the websites, and sometimes fear my case is different because I seemed to be convinced of my thoughts. Once again, they did not seem my own; in my heart I fought against them, resisted them, but evil powers seemed to overwhelm me at that point. I still held on and held out through the power and grace of God, yet I am still paranoid that that single THOUGHT was unforgivable. I feared it reflected some deep seated belief in my heart. I have read many interpretations of what the sin is, but I am paranoid that thinking something blasphemous about the Holy Spirit, even if you didn't mean it, is unforgivable. Please put my mind to rest!

Thankyou and God Bless,

John
You're still alive. There is no way you have committed an unforgivable sin. There is no sin that Christ can't or won't forgive. Come to him in repentance and faith and you will be forgiven.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You're still alive. There is no way you have committed an unforgivable sin. There is no sin that Christ can't or won't forgive. Come to him in repentance and faith and you will be forgiven.
Yeshua specically stated that blasphemy of Ruach HaKodesh was unpardonable...Are you stating that He has lied to us regarding this?....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity