Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2010, 08:53 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times

Advertisements

If you are to stand against the trials and temptations of life, you must believe that God is a God of miracles! You must be able to have such confidence in a God of miracles that even the "impossible" circumstances of life will not discourage you and lead you into despair and hopelessness. You must be so strong in your faith that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has a miracle plan of escape and victory from every situation that Satan tries to use against you.
So many people have faith in what Jesus could do when He was here on earth, and what He will be able to do in the future...yet...they fail to perceive Him as the NOW PRESENT Living Word...the I AM God that He really is...

...there is no such thing as a day of miracles...not a PAST day of miracles...not a FUTURE day of miracles, but there is only a GOD OF MIRACLES in every day and in every age, with the power to work miracles and to meet the needs of people who need miracles...GOD IS!...His Word IS!...God has neither beginning or end. He never was; He never shall be; He ALWAYS IS! The God in Whom we believe...the GOD in Whom we put our faith...is a God of miracle-working power Who is alive every day and in every age. The days of miracles have never ceased because the God of miracles has never died...put your faith in Him...that I AM!

Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 09:25 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,255 times
Amen to that Verna: our God is indeed a God of miracles! Miracles are a part of His nature.
The word "miracle" has been over-used and mis-used, so much and so often, by so many people, to describe every little unusual happening, that in our society it has turned into a meaningless cliche. Like: "it was a miracle Joe ever graduated high school", etc. In the Bible context, however, a miracle is a supernatural move of God that causes something to happen in direct violation of the normal physical and scientific laws. They are not natural, and for sure not "the normal thing". IE: an axe head floating on water, water turned instantly into wine, walking on water, a withered arm extended and instantly made whole, the parting of the Red Sea so the people could leave the Egyptian army, etc. None of these things are normally possible. But...if for some reason God says "let it happen", then it does...everything must submit to His will, including the normal laws of physics.
I have witnessed genuine miracles myself, but they seem to be exceedingly rare (for me, anyway) In all the cases I know about, prayer was a key factor. And...in all of the ones I saw, nobody knew ahead of time they were going to happen, nobody asked for them, they just happened. They were all a sovereign move by the hand of God. We can't just "make them" happen, whenever we want to. It is only "as He wills".

Bud

Old 02-12-2010, 09:32 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,700,649 times
God is our MIRACLE and that miracle is JESUS CHRIST, who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed (1 Peter 2:24). And through Him (Jesus Christ) grace is given to open our hearts to know Him by the miracle of "FAITH" which He gives to every willing, seeking soul to "BELIEVE" in Him in all THINGS....and by that He conquers all our impossibles of yesterday, today, and all our tomorrows !!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:59 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
If you are to stand against the trials and temptations of life, you must believe that God is a God of miracles! You must be able to have such confidence in a God of miracles that even the "impossible" circumstances of life will not discourage you and lead you into despair and hopelessness. You must be so strong in your faith that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has a miracle plan of escape and victory from every situation that Satan tries to use against you.
So many people have faith in what Jesus could do when He was here on earth, and what He will be able to do in the future...yet...they fail to perceive Him as the NOW PRESENT Living Word...the I AM God that He really is...

...there is no such thing as a day of miracles...not a PAST day of miracles...not a FUTURE day of miracles, but there is only a GOD OF MIRACLES in every day and in every age, with the power to work miracles and to meet the needs of people who need miracles...GOD IS!...His Word IS!...God has neither beginning or end. He never was; He never shall be; He ALWAYS IS! The God in Whom we believe...the GOD in Whom we put our faith...is a God of miracle-working power Who is alive every day and in every age. The days of miracles have never ceased because the God of miracles has never died...put your faith in Him...that I AM!

Amen.
Amen! The God of miracles is alive and well! I see His miracles on a regular basis for His children; the deaf hear, the blind see, the lame walk and the sick are healed in the blood-name of Jesus! God confirms His word with signs, wonders and miracles. If you're not seeing miracles, then you had better check your faith.

Mark 16
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

The Lord is still operating the same way today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity