Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 02:34 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,101,803 times

Advertisements

Let's say there is a man who became a marijuana dealer who is serving a 25 year prison sentence for having 80 lbs of marijuana in his vehicle and he planned on using the 80 lbs of marijuana to get himself a 1967 Corvette with a 427 V8/4 speed but wasn't able to get the 1967 Corvette that he wanted cause he had to spend 25 years in prison.

In prison this marijuana dealer decided to become a Born Again Christian after reading a bunch of books about Heaven and strives to become the Christian person that God wants him to be.

Since this man decided to become a Born Again Christian and tries to live a life that is pleasing to God would God bless this man with the 1967 Corvette that he always dreamed of having when he enters Heaven? Also would God bless him with lots of fun and exciting relationships with all of the people who he loves the most?

I really want all of this man's dreams and desires to be fulfilled in Heaven, I think it would be horrible if God threw away all of the things he made for us to enjoy on Earth in Heaven

Also how does God feel about this man not getting the Corvette of his dreams and desires?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 02:37 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Let's say there is a man who became a marijuana dealer who is serving a 25 year prison sentence for having 80 lbs of marijuana in his vehicle and he planned on using the 80 lbs of marijuana to get himself a 1967 Corvette with a 427 V8/4 speed but wasn't able to get the 1967 Corvette that he wanted cause he had to spend 25 years in prison.

In prison this marijuana dealer decided to become a Born Again Christian after reading a bunch of books about Heaven and strives to become the Christian person that God wants him to be.

Since this man decided to become a Born Again Christian and tries to live a life that is pleasing to God would God bless this man with the 1967 Corvette that he always dreamed of having when he enters Heaven? Also would God bless him with lots of fun and exciting relationships with all of the people who he loves the most?

I really want all of this man's dreams and desires to be fulfilled in Heaven, I think it would be horrible if God threw away all of the things he made for us to enjoy on Earth in Heaven

Also how does God feel about this man not getting the Corvette of his dreams and desires?.
That's entirely up to God to decide. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. It's not a quid pro quo -- meaning "if you do this, God does that" type of thing.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
He might have been ok with that if he had not joked about how much fun Heaven was going to be with a buddy. Because of that 16 of his houris are taken away and the 'Vette gets changed into '59 Ford Econoline.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
He might have been ok with that if he had not joked about how much fun Heaven was going to be with a buddy. Because of that 16 of his houris are taken away and the 'Vette gets changed into '59 Ford Econoline.
As Dad would say, "better than a sharp stick in the eye."

Old 07-17-2013, 03:32 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Sure if this man receive the gift of salvation of being born again , as people could want to be born again , or want the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ , but they need to receive from God in the earth ....I do not know if there is any cars in heaven , as the distance in the spirit may not need a car , as far as relationship are concerned no one will be given into marriage as there is no sexual relations in heaven ...... Still God will bless the previous worst of all sinner if they repent and turn for their sin and love God

Old 07-17-2013, 03:56 PM

794 posts, read 846,804 times
Quote:

The bible says all believers will receive "blessings forevermore" in Heaven from God's right hand. This is not because of how good we were on Earth or what we did, but because we are saved by Jesus' finished work on the cross. His righteousness has made us right with God. I don't think there are cars in Heaven. Everything from the mind and hands of man is worldly and not of God. There are much better, Heavenly things waiting for us. Heaven is not like Earth nor does it harbor the makings or ideas of man. Everything in Heaven is from God and much better than anything we have on Earth. This man will receive blessings in Heaven and God surely will not withhold anything from any believer.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Cars in Heaven

Three men died and stood in front of God. God asked the first man if he had been faithful to his wife.
The man admitted to two affairs during his marriage. God gave him a compact car to drive in heaven.

The second man admitted to only one affair and was given a mid-sized car.

The third man was asked the same question and said that he had been faithful to his wife until the day he died.
God praised him and gave him a big luxury car.

A week later the three men met in a parking lot in heaven. The man driving the luxury car began to cry.
The other two men asked, "What’s the matter?" He replied, "I just passed my wife, she was walking!"

Old 07-17-2013, 09:08 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,651,465 times
If this man truly became a born-again Christian and bears the fruit of repentance, I don't think he's going to give two hoots about any car because, with repentance, comes a renewed mind -- the mind of Christ.

For Christians, life here, no matter how good it is, is nothing compared to the life that awaits us in heaven. The glories of heaven -- eternal life, righteousness, joy, peace, perfection, God’s presence, Christ’s glorious companionship, rewards, and all else God has planned -- is the Christian’s heavenly inheritance.

1 Peter 1:3-5, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

Nobody knows what rewards God has in store for us, at least not materially. But,if someone is hoping for a car, I would be more concerned about the current state of their heart's desire.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:46 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
God is not at fault for the evil in this world, man is. Did He not tell Adam the consequence before he ate from the tree?
What's that got to do with my asking God to end world hunger? If I get blessings in Heaven and "God surely will not withhold anything" (your words) I could care less about a 'Vette when I've left behind a world where people don't have enough to eat.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 AM

7,730 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:

Yes, God actually would get him the corvette he most desired on Earth and even more than that. People think Heaven is made up of clouds and angels playing harps and fat little babies. That is FAR from what it actually is. It is a real literal paradise. Everything on Earth is a shadow of what is Heaven. There are literal houses and buildings and businesses in Heaven just like Earth. There is a government and everything is ran IN ORDER. It doesn't matter who you are. When you accept Jesus Christ as your savior, you have just became a citizen of God's house, his paradise and abode, Heaven. He will give you ALL the desires of your heart. Down to the silliest. Don't let any Christian tell you differently and try to be a legalist. People have cars, boats, bikes, and all types of transporation in Heaven because God's children (All humans) loved them so much on this Earth.

Last edited by allenk893; 07-19-2013 at 11:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity